McCain mocks Streisand on SNL!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garibaldo

The Fly
I hope some of you caught John McCain making fun of Babs on SNL this weekend. He did a skit where he was a singer endorsing a CD where he sang all of Streisand's classics. He was horrible at singing her songs. He basically gave her a taste of her own medicine saying that politicians singing the classics is like singers running the country. He also said he would donate the proceeds to clubbing Alaskan seals or something like that! That was freakin' hilarious!

Attachments

• mccain2.jpg
    mccain2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 35
Well...speaking as a huge Barbra fan (alright, you can stop laughing now. everyone has a guilty musical secret :p) I think John McCain is a big moose. :eeklaugh:

To be slightly serious though, I think it's silly to suggest that someone who's a singer doesn't have the right to comment on politics. The decisions politicians take affect all of us, every single person on this planet - they affect us whether we're musicians, students, lawyers, shop assistants, firefighters, whatever - they have an impact on us and everyone should have the right to comment on them for that reason.

::: wanders off to watch The Way We Were :::

my brother thinks being a politician isn't a real job

on the other hand neither is being a singer

FizzingWhizzbees said:

To be slightly serious though, I think it's silly to suggest that someone who's a singer doesn't have the right to comment on politics.

:huh:

It was on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE!!!!!! It was supposed to be funny.

Man did he suck at singing too!

:sick:

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Well...speaking as a huge Barbra fan (alright, you can stop laughing now. everyone has a guilty musical secret :p) I think John McCain is a big moose. :eeklaugh:

To be slightly serious though, I think it's silly to suggest that someone who's a singer doesn't have the right to comment on politics. The decisions politicians take affect all of us, every single person on this planet - they affect us whether we're musicians, students, lawyers, shop assistants, firefighters, whatever - they have an impact on us and everyone should have the right to comment on them for that reason.

::: wanders off to watch The Way We Were :::

He never made the suggestion that they don't have the RIGHT to do it. You don't have to turn everything into a constitutional debate. He was pointing out that she doesn't have the experience and that it's annoying to politicians to have these high and mighty superstars trying to dictate their actions with large contributions, constant faxes (i.e. Barbra's constant faxes to Daschle), etc etc.

FizzingWhizzbees said:

Alright, alright - we don't have that show in my part of the world! :p

You are not missing much. More often than not it is not funny.

Back
Top Bottom