McCain Advisor Claims That There Are No Uninsured People in the US - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-28-2008, 11:34 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7en View Post
when under or uninsured patients cannot pay, hospitals generally follow up with a collection agency. people can be driven into bankruptcy for using the emergency room.

i really do not understand how this is being "insured" whatsoever. yes you survive, but your life is potentially ruined if you cannot pay massively inflated hospital bills.
Exactly. When I had to go to the ER about 2.5 years ago, we didn't have insurance since my dad had lost his job recently. My parents began divorce proceedings a couple months later, and my mom was diagnosed with cancer. Thankfully, my mom was able to get Medicaid to pay for all of her hospital/treatment bills because she was unable to work during this time. This is the same Medicaid that John McCain and the Republican party want to cut because of all those "lazy ass losers who don't work". Tell that to my mom with cancer who had to move in with her sister and brother-in-law after she and my dad began divorce proceedings and sold our house, while I was away at college. Until 2 months ago, my mom, who is now cancer free (but will be unable to work until next spring), was getting ER bills from my bill 2 years earlier. My mom had gone to the same ER for her severe back pain just a couple months before she was diagnosed with cancer, and they misdiagnosed her with kidney stones. She's still getting bills from collection agencies for that visit. Those aren't covered by her Medicaid. My mom and I have had our new home for 1 year now, but it's still a struggle. This statement alone proves that John McCain is out of touch with the average American's struggle. I don't need 4 more years of collection agencies harassing my mother about bills the government should've had a sensible, affordable way to pay for years ago.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:44 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Oh, everyone has coverage? Great! I'll tell that to the next employee I talk to who calls me in tears, freaking out because they're losing their benefits because they didn't meet the quarterly requirements.

No worries! This dude says we all have coverage! Have a nice day!
Yeah, like my brother who didn't have health care insurance and was dying from liver disease and was at the mercy of hostipal staff who knew nothing about his condition.
I argued with an emergency room head physician that my brother should be there, and it was up to him to make sure he received care - while he was trying to tell me my brother should "wait" to go to some clinic the next week that only has patients 8 to 5. He changed his tune when my brother went into cardiac arrest. He survived but ultimately lost his battle.
It wasn't the fault of the hospital at that point, but only because we pitched such a bitch, to make sure he received proper care. We shouldnt have to fight so hard to save and get proper care of our brother, regardless.

Old 08-28-2008, 11:50 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2isthebest View Post
Exactly,

I don't need 4 more years of collection agencies harassing my mother about bills the government should've had a sensible, affordable way to pay for years ago.
We must have been typing at the same time.
My heart goes out too you.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:38 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by melon View Post
Sounds like we should push for a bill to remove the full health insurance coverage that the three branches of government granted itself.

We should just do away with Insurance companies in the medical services.

Why are they between the Doctors and patients ?

What do they provide? except to inflate the costs ?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:41 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
We should just do away with Insurance companies in the medical services.

Why are they between the Doctors and patients ?

What do they provide? except to inflate the costs ?
I'm not sure I understand your position on healthcare. Do you support universal healthcare?
Old 08-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I'm not sure I understand your position on healthcare. Do you support universal healthcare?
None of the Candidate are offering it.

They are all just pandering to the Insurance industry.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:55 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Just shocking, don't know what else to say

Are you sure it's not the same John Goodman who was on Roseanne?