MC Stephen Hawking as a Cultural Phenomenon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
http://www.mchawking.com/

Would you say that these songs are...
Offensive?
Hilarious?
True?
A guilty pleasure?
True, but mean-spirited?

For those of you with dial-up, here are some snippets of his most praised anthems:

Fuck The Creationists

Fuck the damn creationists, those bunch of dumb-ass bitches,
every time I think of them my trigger finger itches.
They want to have their bullshit, taught in public class,
Stephen J. Gould should put his foot right up their ass.
Noah and his ark, Adam and his Eve,
straight up fairy stories even children don't believe.
I'm not saying there's no god, that's not for me to say,
all I'm saying is the Earth was not made in a day.

Why Won't Jesse Helms Just Hurry Up And Die?

Big fat fuck from North Carolina state,
he's a worthless piece of shit, he's a paragon of hate,
he's a redneck, fuck-face, brain-dead waste of space,
two-bit, two-timing, motherfucking pool of slime.
Against gay rights, and funding for the arts,
tried to cancel PBS and tear Big Bird apart.
cut AIDS funding, corporate welfare for the rich,
he's a shameless money grubber, he's a two dollar bitch.

All My Shootin's Be Drivebys

I'm rolling through the hood on a Saturday night,
got a 40 in my left hand, my dick in my right,
some chronic in my lap, a pager in my cap,
and a 9 millimeter in the small of my back.
I'm just chilling no place to be,
I take another pull off my 40 z.
I'm thinking 'bout spinning a fat ass tree,
a B to the L to the U-N-T.

Justin24 said:
:| Do you just find Random stuff to post to get reactions?
Yes and no. I have a deep interest in cultural interests, therefore I find people and topics that will lead to a discussion. They are not "random" in terms of just posting anything I get my hands on. I've wanted to post this thread for a long time, actually.

I'm sure we have FYMers who know who Stephen Hawking is???

Here's my take on MC Hawking: he represents pretty much everything I disagree with. However, he's a guilty pleasure who should inhumor a mature audience, no matter what their background is. If I just read the lyrics, I'd despise the "PC MC," so I advise everyone who wants entertainment to listen to a song or two before posting.

wpas.gif

But this site has absolutely nothing to do with the real Stephen Hawking, and it says so right in there. It's just some random "nerdcore" individual's exceedingly vulgar idea of satirical "social commentary," and quite frankly, given the extreme profanity it contains, I think I should close this unless you have some case to make for why anyone in here should give a toss about its content. There are a bazillion and one foul-mouthed sites out there created by random highly opiniated individuals of no particular influence on or importance to anyone. Why single out this one? What's to discuss?

Last edited:
yolland said:
But this site has absolutely nothing to do with the real Stephen Hawking, and it says so right in there. It's just some random "nerdcore" individual's exceedingly vulgar idea of satirical "social commentary," and quite frankly, given the extreme profanity it contains, I think I should close this unless you have some case to make for why anyone in here should give a toss about its content. There are a bazillion and one foul-mouthed sites out there created by random highly opiniated individuals of no particular influence on or importance to anyone. Why single out this one? What's to discuss?
I see this as the Howard Stern Show that never came through. Politically "incorrect" pop culture that has a subliminal message. I could think of many examples for instance:
- Evolution...
- Satire v. Reality...
- Jesse Helms...
- Gangsta rap...
...on an intellectual level

yolland said:
and quite frankly, given the extreme profanity it contains, I think I should close this unless you have some case to make for why anyone in here should give a toss about its content.

If you're going to start closing threads for profanity, then some of our regular posters don't even need to bother posting at all anymore.

I see more frequent use of the Lord's name in vain in these forums in a day's time than I do in a month in my "real life".

That's not profanity, it's blasphemy; one of the greatest uses of language in the history of civilisation.

I love blasphemy, the right to tell people that they are wrong. To invoke the gut feeling of faith's inherent divisive and exclusionary character by offending it - the highest excercise in individual liberty and something worth excercising whenever the opportunity arises be it in Mohammed Cartoons or saying 'By Your God'.

MC Hawkings has some great references laced into the lyrics, it's a wonderful use of a computer voice synthesiser and the tyrade on creationists in right on the dot. Although dead, SJG did kick them up the arse when they were going for creation in schools in Kansas in the late 1990's.

A_Wanderer said:
That's not profanity, it's blasphemy; one of the greatest uses of language in the history of civilisation.

I love blasphemy, the right to tell people that they are wrong. To invoke the gut feeling of faith's inherent divisive and exclusionary character by offending it - the highest excercise in individual liberty and something worth excercising whenever the opportunity arises be it in Mohammed Cartoons or saying 'By Your God'.

Blasphemy is included in the definition of profanity.

Do you really see blasphemy as an opportunity to offend people of faith? It doesn't seem your style to be a jerk toward people just for the sake of being a jerk.

I really think that there is a strong case for blasphemy, I think that most Churches and religious institutions oppose it and therein lies their hypocricy (the pope offends Muslims and "muslim rage" ensues but during the Mohammed cartoons the Catholic Church leant towards the rioters). Blasphemy is truly the pinnacle of religious freedom.

A_Wanderer said:

I love blasphemy, the right to tell people that they are wrong.
blas·phe·my (blsf-m)
n. pl. blas·phe·mies

A contemptuous or profane act, utterance, or writing concerning God or a sacred entity.
The act of claiming for oneself the attributes and rights of God.
An irreverent or impious act, attitude, or utterance in regard to something considered inviolable or sacrosanct.

But okay, in your view, that's basically what it is.

A_Wanderer said:
MC Hawkings has some great references laced into the lyrics, it's a wonderful use of a computer voice synthesiser and the tyrade on creationists in right on the dot. Although dead, SJG did kick them up the arse when they were going for creation in schools in Kansas in the late 1990's.
The creator(s) of MC Hawking have done a brilliant job with the voice, making the music as realistic as possible. It only adds to the hilarity of the lyrics.

And as far as the profanity goes, although quite excessive, I think it's self-righteously dishonest to pose as someone you're not. If you're trying to live a fulfilling life faking that you're someone you're not, you have no balance in your life. That's why almost all of the music I listen to comes from a secular standpoint. I enjoy philosophical lyrics from bands like Muse, Pearl Jam, and U2. Even if you think they've got it wrong, it still makes you think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom