Maybe this is a dumb question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
for me it was vice versa....I was first attracted to the Christian concepts in U2's lyrics
smile.gif

I've never heard of it, but I'm sure it's possible

Yes, I totally believe in that. U2 completely restored my faith in Jesus Christ and made me find a love like no other for what he symbolises. Not christianity, but Jesus Christ. Does that count?

Ant.

I don't do religion, but they have certainly done a lot for my interest in spirituality.

One thing I've always loved about their music is that even though there are Christian references, the music also speaks to spirituality on a more universal--generic, if you will--level so that people like myself, spiritual but not Christian, can also relate and feel uplifted. They have Christian fans, Buddhist fans, Jewish fans, and completely non-religious fans, etc. But to answer the question, I can't say that I know of anyone in particular who has become interested in spirituality because of U2.

yes, I know of several people that have been drawn to Christianity and/or to spirituality as a result of U2. And some Christians that have been forced deeper into their understanding and intrepetation of their faith because of them (I would be one of them). It does happen.

I found Jesus through U2, yes I did.

I was Jewish and now I'm Presbyterian (though some would say I'm a Messianic Jew).

A few more details in Goal is Soul...

[This message has been edited by DebbieSG (edited 01-18-2002).]

I worded that badly...

I didn't mean any particular religion, just religion as a concept, or spirituality, anything like that... belief structures, etc...

In the same vein, they don't make me think about A religion in particular, unless "all of them" counts, and I don't know all there are. But I am more open to those ideas than I was before, and the person who got me into U2 I think was also heavily influenced in religious regard as well... I think that's when she started talking about becoming a priest or a minister or something...

Evidently these forums are multiplying faster than I can keep up... I'd better check this Goal is Soul one out...
smile.gif

Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom