maybe i'm just cynical ... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 10-07-2005, 02:07 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:42 AM
Since bush's rating (approval) is now a whopping 37% (CBS news).....

I don't know, I think that time is beginning to tell the truth.

Personally, I don't like the leadership of this country, at the momet.... I don't "approve" of it...

Old 10-07-2005, 04:41 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:42 PM

This thread reminded me of this:

Old 10-07-2005, 07:00 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:42 AM

"The United States and its allies have thwarted at least 10 serious al Qaeda terrorist plots since Sept. 11, 2001, including never-before-disclosed plans to use hijacked commercial airliners to attack the East and West coasts in 2002 and 2003, President Bush and his aides said yesterday.

The reported plots aimed to strike a wide variety of targets, including the Library Tower in Los Angeles, ships in international waters and a tourist site overseas, the White House said last night. Three of the 10 were directed at U.S. soil, officials said. The government, they added, also stopped five al Qaeda efforts to case possible targets or infiltrate operatives into the country.

Most of the plots were previously reported in some form; a few were revealed yesterday. The White House had never before placed a number or compiled a public list of the foiled attempts to follow up the Sept. 11 attacks, but it offered scant information beyond the location and general date of each reported plot -- making it difficult to assess last night how serious or advanced they were or what role the government played in preventing them."
Old 10-07-2005, 09:57 AM   #19
love, blood, life
Local Time: 03:42 PM
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

A relatively new syndrome - I think the medical community will recognize it in a few years.
So is there an equivalent for those of the opinion that Clinton authorised military intervention to distract attention from the Lewinsky scandal?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
the greatest trick the VRWC ever pulled was making you believe it didn't exist ...

come on, it's so freakin' real, it's all coordinated -- no, there's not some brain in a jar calling all the shots (the closest thing is Rove), but it is all highly coordinated.

again, i point to the Swift Boat lies. perfect example.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Police shut down parts of New York's busy Penn Station Friday morning after an unknown substance was found in a soda can near Amtrak's ticket counter, authorities said.

The incident came a day after authorities warned of a specific terror threat against the city's subway system.

A police source told CNN's Jeanne Meserve that initial tests on the green bubbly substance found in the can indicate it is a green dye mixed with sodium hydroxide -- also known as caustic soda or lye. It appears to be a hoax, the source said.

Sodium hydroxide is used in many cleaners. It can be poisonous if ingested and can cause severe burns if it gets on someone's skin or in their eyes.

None of the station was evacuated, and police requested the closures so they could carry out an investigation, Amtrak's assistant superintendent Mike Gallagher said.

"There was no danger at any time to anyone, " Gallagher said.