May this be a lesson... Hatred never pays. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2004, 09:45 AM   #1
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:01 AM
May this be a lesson... Hatred never pays.

The GOP learned this lesson the hard way durring the days of Sir Newt. Long gone are those days. The Trent Lotts, Orin Hatches & Strom Thurmonds have been replaced with the Rudolph Giulianis and Arnold Schwarzenegers. The hardcore righties are still there, of course. But they're off in the background... pulling the strings, perhaps, but in the background none the less. George Bush, believe it or not, is very LIKEABLE to many middle Americans. The fact that he isn't the most refined of public speekers HELPS him. Like it or not, it makes him more personable to the average Joe 12-pack.

If the Dems want to make a serious comeback, the Ted Kennedys need to be locked in the basement. They need more personable candidates, like Obama, to be the face of the party. They need to tell the Michael Moores, the George Soroses to, well, move on. Shut your cakehole, you're not helping. If the Democratic party continues to be consumed with hatred they will continue to lose. To quote a little known Irish band, it's time to go away and dream it all up again.

Old 11-05-2004, 09:55 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 02:01 PM

I agree!

Old 11-05-2004, 09:59 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

No kidding.

The Republicans in 1998, the Democrats in 2002 and 2004...when will people learn?
Old 11-05-2004, 10:06 AM   #4
Acrobat

Yeah, Michael Moore isn't the greatest publicist for the Democratic Party.
Old 11-05-2004, 10:09 AM   #5
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:01 AM
All you can do is this for this post.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:24 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:01 AM
I would say the lesson is that extreme hatred of your opponent will cause you to lose sight of the bigger picture.
Old 11-05-2004, 11:37 AM   #7
The Fly

Local Time: 08:01 AM
Headache, I agree with most of what you said about the Democrats, and I'll admit it: the people I was pulling for on Tuesday got their butts kicked, no doubt about it. I'm not one to sit around and whine about it, though.

Don't you think, though, that the Republicans are possibly heading for a huge crisis if they are trying to bring the Schwarzenegers and the Giulianis to the forefront of the party? I'm telling you right now, I would seriously consider voting for these guys because I agree with them on most issues. But the thing is, a huge amount of Republicans do not. Whether it be abortion rights, stem cell research, etc. etc. etc., a lot of people who came out in droves to put Bush back in do not agree with these guys on these issues. And they are some of the most important, if not the most important issues to these voters. I'm just wondering if the Republicans can really make these guys the stars of the party when so many people disagree with them on such huge issues.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:15 PM   #8
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Maybe this explains the rumors of Ashcroft leaving...
Old 11-05-2004, 01:23 PM   #9
New Yorker

First off, George Soros is not that outspoken. He gives money and most non-politicos have no idea who he is.

As for the kinder, gentler GOP, you do not want to use Ahnold and Rudy as role models. First, Ahnold is sexist. Believe the allegations because they are backed by proof. Second, Rudy went though a big nasty divorce in the months before 9/11 that included who had control of the mayor's mansion -- him and his lover or his wife.

Bigger issue -- if the GOP wants to keep its "moral values"/Christian base, neither Rudy or Ahnold are going to be flag bearers. Both of pro-choice, both are pro-gay marriage. You can't have a Republican like that win the nomination for president [and Ahnold because he wasn't born here]. The warm and fuzzies are nice but they will not electrify the base.
Old 11-05-2004, 01:39 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

politics...religion...anything...hatred makes ANYTHING worse.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:29 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

One often espouses for others what one needs to learn for themselves.

Or in other words, a Freudian slip maybe, headache and company?

THE GOAL IS SOUL....
Old 11-05-2004, 02:34 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
One often espouses for others what one needs to learn for themselves.

Or in other words, a Freudian slip maybe, headache and company?

THE GOAL IS SOUL....

I guess you wouldn't see your own hatred.....
Old 11-05-2004, 02:36 PM   #13
The Fly

True, the hatred that Democrats expressed got them nowhere.

The compassionate conservatives gained ground in the Senate, the House, and retained the White House, and got the most votes in American history.

Now that us compassionate conservatives and Christians have been mobilized, I don't see the Dem. party ever resurfacing. Hillary's campaign in 2008 shall be the final nail in the DNC coffin, and if the millionaire trial lawyer Edwards runs again, get ready for part B of Flushing The Johns, his own people in North Carolina didn't even want him, nobody in my Church wanted him, he doesn't represent or respect our beliefs.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GOP_Catholic
Now that us compassionate conservatives and Christians have been mobilized, I don't see the Dem. party ever resurfacing. Hillary's campaign in 2008 shall be the final nail in the DNC coffin, and if the millionaire trial lawyer Edwards runs again, get ready for part B of Flushing The Johns, his own people in North Carolina didn't even want him, nobody in my Church wanted him, he doesn't represent or respect our beliefs.
I have yet to see any compassion at all coming from you. Also, Christians can be as divided on issues as Republicans and Democrats. There are plenty of Christian Democrats too. Myself for one.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:57 PM   #15
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by GOP_Catholic
True, the hatred that Democrats expressed got them nowhere.

The compassionate conservatives gained ground in the Senate, the House, and retained the White House, and got the most votes in American history.

please don't hijack my thread with BS... and this is comming from a republican and a christian who voted for bush. to say the dems will never resurface is A) stupid, and B) bad for our country if it were to be true. the DMC needs the GOP, and vice versa... to keep each other in check, so to speak.

and a lot of you who are trying to make some sort of argument with me really are missing the point. the republicans are still the party of conservitism. trent lott is still there, and still has his hands on the strings to some extent. but he isn't the public face of the party anymore. he's in the background. the republicans have managed to put a fancy facade on the same old shit. all i'm saying is that the democrats need to do the same thing.