Mary Kay Letourneau/Vili Fualaau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're now both consenting adults with a controversial past. Interesting how their wedding is any of our business, even though it's kind of ironic that they are still together. For me, it's something I can't help but think about, even though in the right mind, I should care less. In the end, I say let those lovebirds be.

coemgen said:
A grown woman sleeping with a minor is wrong for a number of reasons and should never be considered "OK" just because they're "in love."

You're right. But guess what? She was prosecuted and sent to prison for that crime, and now she's out of prison after serving her sentence. The "minor" is no longer a minor, and he's free to associate with anyone he wants. Age-wise, how is this different from Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher?

Like I said. I've reduced this case to practicalities. It's not worth fretting over.

Melon

Irvine511 said:

the legal argument is that since he is a minor, he is unable to give consent. thus, she, the adult, is hurting and exploiting him, the child, in the eyes of the law.

You only use the law when it suits you. I'm sure you don't like it that the 'law' says two men can't marry, or that homosexual sex is still against the 'law' in much of America. The 'law' isn't always right, and can't determine what 2 people feel.

Macfistowannabe said:
They're now both consenting adults with a controversial past. Interesting how their wedding is any of our business, even though it's kind of ironic that they are still together. For me, it's something I can't help but think about, even though in the right mind, I should care less. In the end, I say let those lovebirds be.

:up: :kiss:

U2Kitten said:
You only use the law when it suits you. I'm sure you don't like it that the 'law' says two men can't marry, or that homosexual sex is still against the 'law' in much of America. The 'law' isn't always right, and can't determine what 2 people feel.

I think you've missed the point. No one is saying that an adult and a minor should have sex. The only reason that the police isn't going after her again is that he is no longer a minor and she has already served her prison sentence for her prior acts with him as a minor. She can't be tried again for an act that she's already served her time.

The overriding fact of all of this is that they are no longer doing anything that's even remotely illegal. Period.

Melon

U2Kitten said:

The same can be said for you and everyone else. We all have certain issues with certain laws. So you may want to lay off the personal stuff.

The fact is law or no law, no one at the age that the "relationship" was started, is emotionally mature enough for that type of relationship.

In fact I question both of their maturity levels but there's nothing to do about it now.

Melon: No, I do know that. They never would have come out in public if that were not the case. I'm just tired of people calling her names and trashing her as a weirdo when they don't even know her. My Grandmother was married at 14.

My comment to Irvine was again just pointing out hypocrisies here using sarcasm.

Last edited:
Bono's American Wife said:

If you choose to have them, your children come first, not your 12 year old lover. The fact that he's an adult now and no crime is being committed doesn't change the circumstances of how their relationship started.

Exactly, it seems she put her own selfish wants over the needs and welfare of her children. Maybe with a Mother like that, they might be better off now w/ out her, but they must be suffering all the same. I couldn't care less about her, but I won't apologize for thinking it was wrong for her to be involved with a 12 year old boy .

U2Kitten said:
Melon: No, I do know that. They never would have come out in public if that were not the case. I'm just tired of people calling her names and trashing her as a weirdo when they don't even know her. My Grandmother was married at 14.

The law on underage marriages is ambiguous, in some cases, and I know that laws now are a bit more strict than they used to be, so that parents can't "barter" their children into arranged marriages against their will.

This is honestly a fairly unique situation, but all I know is that they're doing nothing illegal now, and it's none of my business beyond that.

Melon

U2Kitten said:

no, the law isn't always right. and people are free to try and change it as they wish. that's why the law is a living, breathing thing.

and, no, homosexual sex isn't against the law anywhere in America. that's why Lawrence vs. Texas was so important -- it struck down the final enforced sodomy law.

and sodomy, of course, only applied to homosexuals, not to heteroseuxals who also practice "sodomy."

but that's another discussion.

Irvine511 said:
also, is she any different than Michael Jackson?

I guess the only difference is that she's stuck to one boy and didn't get bored with him once he was no longer a minor...lol.

I'm not going to defend what she did to him when he was a minor. She reaped what she sowed: a criminal conviction and a sum total of eight years in prison, not to mention having to register as a sex offender from there forward.

Melon

melon said:

You're right. But guess what? She was prosecuted and sent to prison for that crime, and now she's out of prison after serving her sentence. The "minor" is no longer a minor, and he's free to associate with anyone he wants. Age-wise, how is this different from Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher?

Like I said. I've reduced this case to practicalities. It's not worth fretting over.

Melon

I know they're consenting adults now, I could care less about their relationship these days. I guess that's the point I'm trying to make. It started out horribily wrong and now she's a celebrity. It's sick.

MumblingBono said:
That young man did well for himself. May Kay = hot.

That's the long and short of it for me.

are you kidding me?

150.letourneau.122704.jpg

MrsSpringsteen said:

I couldn't care less about her, but I won't apologize for thinking it was wrong for her to be involved with a 12 year old boy .

You need to consider that not every 12 year old looks like a little kid. Some are very developed. I looked older at 12, and when my nephew was on a bus at age 13, he was asked by almost everyone who sat next to him if he was on his way to join the Army, or going back to college- he looked 18, and this kid may have too. So, if the calendar says he's 18, that's okay, but if he only looks 18, but is 12, that's sick? If he looked like a little kid, it would be, but I'm betting he didn't.

Still, even if he had been 18, it's still not cool for a married teacher to fool around with a student. But I do not consider her a pedophile, especially since he 'wanted it.' Remember the "Hot for Teacher" video? Adolescent boys dream of 'doing' the hot teacher, and if one gets her, he's more "way to go, dude!" than a suffering rape victim, like if a little girl were raped by force by a teacher.

What's the difference between her and Michael Jackson? First, he seems to get off on playing with little boys, many little boys, and they are bribed and scared into participating. She only wanted that one boy, the way she'd have wanted a man, for a mate. But bottom line is, they are happy now, and legal, so it's not for us to judge.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

You need to consider that not every 12 year old looks like a little kid. Some are very developed. I looked older at 12, and when my nephew was on a bus at age 13, he was asked by almost everyone who sat next to him if he was on his way to join the Army, or going back to college- he looked 18, and this kid may have too. So, if the calendar says he's 18, that's okay, but if he only looks 18, but is 12, that's sick? If he looked like a little kid, it would be, but I'm betting he didn't.

Still, even if he had been 18, it's still not cool for a married teacher to fool around with a student. But I do not consider her a pedophile, especially since he 'wanted it.' Remember the "Hot for Teacher" video? Adolescent boys dream of 'doing' the hot teacher, and if one gets her, he's more "way to go, dude!" than a suffering rape victim, like if a little girl were raped by force by a teacher.

What's the difference between her and Michael Jackson? First, he seems to get off on playing with little boys, many little boys, and they are bribed and scared into participating. She only wanted that one boy, the way she'd have wanted a man, for a mate. But bottom line is, they are happy now, and legal, so it's not for us to judge.

So if your 12 year old son or daughter came home and told you they were screwing their 34 year old teacher, you would be okay with that? As long as it was consentual?

I looked 18 when I was 12 but I had no business having sex with anyone, let alone my teacher. Developing boobs and pubic hair early doesn't mean your brain and your emotional maturity develops along with it. A 12 year old is still a 12 year old no matter how old they look.

As for wanting it, lots of girls who sleep with their teachers want it too. Are those men not pedophiles? Why is there such a double standard on this?

U2Kitten said:

If he looked like a little kid, it would be, but I'm betting he didn't.
He looked like a 12 year old trying to look older. He had a really bad peach fuzz mustache. But why are looks in question anyways?

U2Kitten said:

If it was your 12 year old daughter and she "wanted it" and got involved with her teacher would you be so relaxed?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

He looked like a 12 year old trying to look older. He had a really bad peach fuzz mustache. But why are looks in question anyways?

No, he never tried, he was just naturally very tall, his voice had changed, he had peach fuzz, and he looked older in the face than most kids.

Bono's American Wife said:

So if your 12 year old son or daughter came home and told you they were screwing their 34 year old teacher, you would be okay with that? As long as it was consentual?

Nope, it's not okay. I don't think it's okay for grownups to have affairs, either. Fucking around on the sly is a bad thing. But she is more Joey Buttafucco than Michael Jackson, because she wanted a child in an adult way, where MJ wants them because they are children.

As for wanting it, lots of girls who sleep with their teachers want it too. Are those men not pedophiles? Why is there such a double standard on this?

No, not pedophiles at all, just nasty old bastards :wink: And she's a dirty old bitch. To me, a pedophile is someone who gets off looking at pictures of naked children, or molesting children, little children, against their will. I consider someone molesting a teenager against their will to be a rapist, not a pedophile. Why do I say this? Because a teenager or adolescent is more like a young adult than a child physically. What a pedophile is is a person who is turned on by sex with little kids, just as beastial people are turned on by sex with animals, and necrophiliacs are turned on by sex with dead bodies. That's not the same thing as a middle aged person attracted to a teenager, IMO. It's not okay, it's just in a different category of not okay.

U2Kitten said:

No, he never tried, he was just naturally very tall, his voice had changed, he had peach fuzz, and he looked older in the face than most kids.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion for he still looks underage to me even now.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I guess it's all a matter of opinion for he still looks underage to me even now.

Come on, look at his face. He's even got crow's feet already. I'd guess him at least 30 if I didn't know.

capt.la10104261806.people_letourneau_falaau_la101.jpg

The fact that she still loves him despite the fact that he no longer looks anything like a child should be evidence she is NOT a pedophile. Dirty old woman, yes. Pedophile, no.

Last edited:
Doozer61 said:
this is how he looked back then

letourneau_wideweb__430x301.jpg

:hmm: yeah, i guess he looks old enough to be seduced by his older teacher. makes sense to me.

She was hot then, and is hot now. I hope my wife looks as good as she does when she's 42. Whew.

-Migdilio

Back
Top Bottom