Mary Kay Letourneau/Vili Fualaau - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 AM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
If the roles were reversed, the man would still be in prison.

and likewise, if they were both men.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:06 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dandy

i find it interesting that we're more inclined to call a woman offender "mentally unstable", as opposed to a man who would just be a sick pervert. equally interesting is how if this had been a girl and a man, the girl would be dressed up as an innocent victim, where as vili was just a horny teenage boy looking to score with his hot teacher.
I agree - but I do think she's a sick pervert, and I also think he's a victim. Maybe what makes people think differently is the fact that their relationship has lasted and they are getting married-how many of these situations end up that way? I'm not saying that makes it morally right and acceptable, it doesn't.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:14 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

It's their choice We don't know what's in their hearts, it's not for us to judge.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:16 AM   #19
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:25 PM

Join Amnesty.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:31 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Heh...we could beat ourselves up about it. I just think more practically. She's already been prosecuted and sentenced for her crime. She's already served her sentence. He's now old enough to consent, and they're unrelated.

This now goes into my "Oh well, who cares" file folder. For their sake, I hope they have a fine life. But if they screw their lives up? "Oh well, who cares." I have more important things to think about.

Melon
Old 05-04-2005, 07:35 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Just think, there was a time when homosexuals were labeled 'sick' and 'perverted' for their love, too. If we don't understand it, that's no reason to call names and stereotype.

"If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad"

--Cheryl Crowe
Old 05-04-2005, 07:50 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

The line has to be drawn somewhere U2Kitten. A grown woman sleeping with a minor is wrong for a number of reasons and should never be considered "OK" just because they're "in love."

It bugs me that she's become a celebrity now. Commercials for all those celebrity shows like ET and Extra are giving people all the juicy details on the wedding. Come on people!
Old 05-04-2005, 07:50 AM   #23
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

I think she was being sarcastic.

Join Amnesty.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:58 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Just think, there was a time when homosexuals were labeled 'sick' and 'perverted' for their love, too. If we don't understand it, that's no reason to call names and stereotype.

said by someone who makes judgements on the other people and thinks they're evil because of something you don't believe in.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:04 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by pax
I think she was being sarcastic.
Sarcasm's sometimes harder to pick up in these things.

I'll just be over here if you need me.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:12 AM   #26
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

No, no, coemgen, it's okay. The was for U2Kitten, who really ought to know that we're talking about two very different things here.

Join Amnesty.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:29 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ewen

said by someone who makes judgements on the other people and thinks they're evil because of something you don't believe in.
Yeah, I'm being sarcastic, because so many people who yell 'choice' over abortion are the first ones to judge someone else for something they don't support. See, choice only works for something YOU choose to justify, huh? It's the hypocrisy of the whole thing that makes me so sick and I can't resist pointing it out.

But seriously, are they hurting anyone else? (we don't even know for sure how the kids feel, they may be supportive) Leave them alone.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:32 AM   #28
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic, because so many people who yell 'choice' over abortion are the first ones to judge someone else for something they don't support. See, choice only works for something YOU choose to justify, huh? It's the hypocrisy of the whole thing that makes me so sick and I can't resist pointing it out.

But seriously, are they hurting anyone else? Leave them alone.
U2Kitten, this thread has nothing to do with abortion. Stop dragging abortion into every single thread in which you participate in FYM. Your insistence upon resurrecting this issue at every turn when everyone here knows very well that you are opposed to legal abortion is tiresome at best and offensive at worst, because you have no idea whether or not some people here may have once been faced quite personally with the issue.

Learn to start "resisting."

Join Amnesty.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 AM   #29
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

But seriously, are they hurting anyone else? (we don't even know for sure how the kids feel, they may be supportive) Leave them alone.

the legal argument is that since he is a minor, he is unable to give consent. thus, she, the adult, is hurting and exploiting him, the child, in the eyes of the law.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:04 AM   #30
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 01:25 PM
Quote:

Well, her 4 older kids have said through their father that they are embarrased and disgusted with their mother and want nothing to do with her. She chose a 12 year old over them. So I would say yes, they are hurting someone.

The two younger kids were both born in prison and got to know their mother at visiting day. They are being raised by their grandmother instead of their mother. They get to see the woman who gave birth to them 2 hours a week because she is now a registered sex offender and their father is the "victim" Again yes, they are hurting someone.

If you choose to have them, your children come first, not your 12 year old lover. The fact that he's an adult now and no crime is being committed doesn't change the circumstances of how their relationship started.