Mars Attacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've read that nation will rise against nation, but planet against planet was not what I had in mind.

This is some really weird stuff. I wonder when or if it's going to hit the mainstream media.

Well, this could be the next Y2K. I guess these scientists can teach us how to communicate with the aliens - as if that's possible.

This isn't really strange at all, although farfetched at this point.

It's actually the major issue with genetically modified food - how do they affect the environment in which they are found, do they outcompete indigenous species, etc.

58%20mars%20attacks%20.jpg

anyone who knows jack shit about astronomy knows this isn't true. there may have been microbial life on mars when it had an atmosphere, but prokaryotes can't survive in a vacuum of extremes like mars is now.

Actually you are not quite right there, firstly mars does have an atmosphere, it is much thinner than the earths but it is there and secondly there may be pockets of subsurface liquid water which could sustain life. This would be rudimentary to be sure but the discovery of methane in the atmosphere hints at some processes that could be organic as it needs to be replenished.

The idea of protection from martian bacteria is daft but the concept of martian microbes existing today is not beyond the realm of possibility and is an explaination for certain observations, but this requires more investigation.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
anyone notice that hillary clinton sounds exactly like one of the martians from mars attacks? just listen next time she speaks... she talks in the same monitone...

ack ack! ack ack ack! ack ack!

:ohmy:

where's tom jones and natalie portman when you need them?!?!?

U2democrat said:
i agree with the hillary thing...............i don't quite hear the kerry thing.

well kerry has the same monotone speaking style... but his voice is deep so it doesn't seem so bad. hillary's voice happens to be at the exact same tone as the martian's voices in mars attacks... so it's uncanny.

"i am proud to be your senator from new york! ack ack ack ack ack!"

Back
Top Bottom