Married At The Age Of Four, Used As A Human Tabletop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
the horrifying story of one girl in Afghanistan

http://hotzone.yahoo.com/b/hotzone/20060320/hz_afghanistan_0306/blogs2986

"There were even times when the family's abuse of Gulsoma transcended the bounds of the most wanton, sadistic cruelty, as on the occasions when they used her as a human tabletop, forcing her to lie on her stomach then cutting their food on her bare back."

"But Gulsoma had an inner strength even her father-in-law couldn't comprehend.

"When he came to the shed he kept asking me, 'Why don't you die? I imprisoned you, I give you less food, but still you don't die.'"

But it wasn't for lack of trying. Gulsoma said when her father-in-law finally let her out of the shed, he bound her hands behind her back and beat her unconscious. She says he revived her by pouring a tea thermos filling with scalding water over her head and her back.

"It was so painful," she says, dabbing her eyes with her scarf and sniffling for a moment. "I was crying and screaming the entire time."

Five days later, she says, her father in law gave her a vicious beating when his daughter's wristwatch went missing.

"He thought I stole it," she says, "and he beat me all over my body with his stick. He broke my arm and my foot. He said if I didn't find it by the next day, he would kill me."

What a beautiful smile

blogs-415015252-1142888727.jpg

Thanks for posting the picture nbc, isn't she beautiful? The other pictures are so horrific :sad:

I can't believe her attitude considering all she has been through

"As we walk outside to take some pictures, I ask her if, after all she's been through, she thinks it will be harder to trust, to believe that there are actually good people in the world.

"No," she says, quickly.

"I didn't expect anyone would help me but God. I was really surprised that there were also nice people: the neighbor, the rickshaw driver, the police," she says. "I pray for those who helped release me."

Looking directly into the camera, she smiles as if nothing bad had ever happened to her in her entire life.

"I think that all people are good people," she says, "except for those that hurt me."

I am physically sick after reading this article and some of the putrid comments made regarding it. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

May God protect this child and never allow any further harm to come to her. :angel:

MrsSpringsteen said:
So you're saying people on Yahoo made putrid comments? That is sick :|
A lot of them pontificate about how this "shows you the reality of life for so many women in the Muslim world today," etc., etc.... :rolleyes: Beating into unconsciousness with sticks and wires until multiple bones are broken, locking in a shed for 2 months, dousing with scalding water...did these people even bother to read the article all the way through?

OK yolland, I see what you mean-I just went there to read some of the comments. I can't believe some people there are politicizing her story. I posted it because I thought her attitude was inspirational and because yes things like that do happen there-but they happen everywhere, even in the good ole US of A.

here's one woman's comment

Dear Gulsoma, Please have courage and may Allah Bless you. Know that this sort of abuse happens EVERYWHERE - including the USA, South America, Africa, Southeast Asia. You are not alone - but there are vicious people everywhere. Children are put into cages, and closets, and even starved to death in the USA. Have Courage, Have Courage. love, Sharon

MrsSpringsteen said:
OK yolland, I see what you mean-I just went there to read some of the comments. I can't believe some people there are politicizing her story. I posted it because I thought her attitude was inspirational and because yes things like that do happen there-but they happen everywhere, even in the good ole US of A.

Yep, right here in the USA my sister's friend was caged and fed nothing but hotdogs until she managed to escape.

What a beautiful girl in that article. I can't believe she can smile like that after what happened to her.

I can barely conceive what people are capable of doing to other people.

MrsSpringsteen said:
So you're saying people on Yahoo made putrid comments? That is sick :|

Yahoo and putrid comments go hand-in-hand. This was tame compared to how they comment to regular articles.

Melon

^It more or less is....i remember reading a news story on U2 then checked the comments which gradually descended into talk about those 'irish white niggers':yuck:

Anyway this is one brave wee girl, and at least in amongst that family there was that wee boy who tried to protect her from the rest of the family, I hope he is doing ok as well.

Back
Top Bottom