Marriage Equality Defended in Massachusetts - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:37 AM
in all honesty, i certainly feel for the poster who's getting ganged up on. nothing has been rude, but it can't feel good to be in the minority and being told that you are wrong by a loud chorus of voices.

you know, kind of how your average homosexual often feels.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer

Is oral sex a sin?
Oral sex absolutely is a sin, IMO. Any sexual act, either with one's self or with others, that is not for the purpose of creating life is a sin. And if I ever do something like that, then yes, I will have sinned.

Old 06-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #93
Refugee

I assume that because 2861U2's position is so repulsive,

everyone piling on in this forum could never cast a vote for Hillary, Barack Obama, John Edwards, or Al Gore for president. All bigoted religious zealots. Dangerous even.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #94
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Oral sex absolutely is a sin, IMO. Any sexual act, either with one's self or with others, that is not for the purpose of creating life is a sin. And if I ever do something like that, then yes, I will have sinned.
But isn't sin between you and your god? What interest does the secular state have in it?

PS -- Each to his own, but you are gonna have one VERY boring sex life, sonny.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:24 PM   #95
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White

everyone piling on in this forum could never cast a vote for Hillary, Barack Obama, John Edwards, or Al Gore for president.
Of course not. The 4 of them oppose gay marriage as well. What do their supporters here have to say to that?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #96
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

everyone piling on in this forum could never cast a vote for Hillary, Barack Obama, John Edwards, or Al Gore for president. All bigoted religious zealots. Dangerous even.

most of us aren't one issue voters. and none of them use the Bible as justification for their positions.

they're towing the status quo line, yes, and they're being cowards, unlike Spitzer, but all support Civil Unions at a minimum.

and in a choice of lesser of two evils, i'd rather have someone who would give me some rights as opposed to Romney.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:37 AM
Quote:

My belief comes from (get ready) the Bible, folks. The Bible says marriage is a man and a woman, a husband and a wife. Read Genesis 2, 1 Corinthians 7, Ephesians 5...

And my position on homosexuals? Yes, also from the Bible. The Bible condemns such relations and condemns sexual immorality (which includes many things). The body is a temple, a gift from God, meant only for creating life, something which homosexuals cannot do.
That's great and all, but I have no idea what that has to do with everyone else. If your church doesn't agree, thinks it's a sin or doesn't think it fits the definition of marriage, then your church doesn't have to perform those marriages - regardless of the reasons why. You have all the cover in the world for defending the sanctity of the Christian marriage as you and your church may define it. What is so hard to understand about that? Your definition, within your faith, within your church, stays perfectly intact. No-one is trying to, nor can, take that away from you. You know the equivelent of you trying/wanting to push that belief onto the wider community outside yours is the equivalent of the law being passed, with the inclusion of a part that states the church - your church - MUST also perform gay marriages. But no-one would do that, right? Of course not. So understand that pushing for the reverse is exactly the same thing.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:28 PM   #98
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:37 AM
Quote:

Narrow minded? I have an opinion, and because it disagrees with your opinion, I'm narrow minded?

I dont think opposing marriage being anything other than a man and a woman is narrow minded or intolerant. I adhere to a strict set of principles which I follow, but I consider myself open minded on many things.
You just defined narrow minded. I don't think opposing marriage being "anything but". That is a narrowing definition that eliminates some, and you have nothing NOTHING to back that opinion up.

So it's just your opinion. You don't make laws based on opinion.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:32 PM   #99
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

So your parents only had sex when they had you and whatever siblings you have?

This is a pile of rubbish and has no Biblical backing. Your knowledge of the Bible is abysmal, but care to show anything backing this up?

What denominaion did you grow up?
Old 06-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Mercifully I live in a country where even the Conservatives have given up on being anti-gay marriage since they see reality for what it is.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:37 AM
Quote:

My belief comes from (get ready) the Bible, folks. The Bible says marriage is a man and a woman, a husband and a wife. Read Genesis 2, 1 Corinthians 7, Ephesians 5...

And my position on homosexuals? Yes, also from the Bible. The Bible condemns such relations and condemns sexual immorality (which includes many things). The body is a temple, a gift from God, meant only for creating life, something which homosexuals cannot do.
Holy dark ages!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Narrow minded? I have an opinion, and because it disagrees with your opinion, I'm narrow minded?

I dont think opposing marriage being anything other than a man and a woman is narrow minded or intolerant. I adhere to a strict set of principles which I follow, but I consider myself open minded on many things.
**sigh**

Did you read the article?

Would you just read the article and give me your response to that.

Please.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:55 PM   #103
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Huh? You lost me. I never said that. I have no idea what their sex life is/was like. Dont make me think about it, please.

Quote:
This is a pile of rubbish and has no Biblical backing. Your knowledge of the Bible is abysmal, but care to show anything backing this up?
I'm no scholar, but I wouldnt call it abysmal. Many places in the Bible is the body referred to as a temple.

Quote:
I am a Methodist.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #104
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

To be fair to him, this is what I was taught at my Catholic high school. Whenever you have sexual relations you should be open to the possibility of procreations, which is why birth control, masturbation, homosexuality, etc... is seen as a sin.

Natural family planning was taught as to how to avoid having children during sexual intercourse, but is not a sin because you are still open to the possibilty of procreation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_family_planning
Old 06-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #105
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Huh? You lost me. I never said that. I have no idea what their sex life is/was like. Dont make me think about it, please.
You said:

"Any sexual act, either with one's self or with others, that is not for the purpose of creating life is a sin. And if I ever do something like that, then yes, I will have sinned."

So that would include sex for pleasure even between married couples.

Quote:

I'm no scholar, but I wouldnt call it abysmal. Many places in the Bible is the body referred to as a temple.
Scholar, that's apparent. Yes I know the temple part, people have used it to justify no tattoos to not drinking alcohol; yet they never use it to talk about the obese

But I'll stick with abysmal, for your definition of sex has no biblical basis whatsoever.

You've been shown the original text and context of all these passages that apparently speak of homosexuality here in FYM, yet you've ignored them.

Quote:

I am a Methodist.
Your view of sex is definately not a Methodist belief.