Marriage Equality Defended in Massachusetts - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #31
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,673
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Some people are just truly scared of true equality, they need some sense of superiorority. You see it all the time in here. People get up in arms that their religion, their sex, their skin color is being treated the same as others, that scares them.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-20-2007, 01:14 PM   #32
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 11:54 AM
Where are our FYM defenders of marriage anyway? The usual right-minded folks haven't weighed in here yet. No one has told us about hating the sin, or how gay marriage will ruin God's country.


Could it be that they've run out of defenses for discriminatory behavior?
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #33
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 30,486
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by martha
Where are our FYM defenders of marriage anyway? The usual right-minded folks haven't weighed in here yet. No one has told us about hating the sin, or how gay marriage will ruin God's country.


Could it be that they've run out of defenses for discriminatory behavior?


unless we destroy any benefits extended to domestic partners, then churches across the land will be forced to gay marry homosexuals.

government agends, armed to the teeth, will descend on churches every Sunday and fornicating homosexuals will get "married" in front of the believers.

it's religious discrimination, people.
__________________
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Some people are just truly scared of true equality
No, that's not it at all. Gays and lesbians need to realize that they cant have everything their own way.

Marriage is one man and one woman. I dont believe gays should be able to get married or have the same benefits as my mother and father do. If they want to have a "domestic partnership" or whatever it is called, fine. I dont comprehend how you guys saying that someone opposing gay marriage is "anti-family." You're losing me on that.
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Gays and lesbians need to realize that they cant have everything their own way.
Why-straight people can have everything their own way, and then some. A family is love and commitment. You can honestly read that story I posted about the woman who died and her partner and still say they don't deserve the same rights? With all due respect what is so special about your mother and father, why is their love any more equal?
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 01:51 PM   #36
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,673
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


No, that's not it at all. Gays and lesbians need to realize that they cant have everything their own way.

Marriage is one man and one woman. I dont believe gays should be able to get married or have the same benefits as my mother and father do. If they want to have a "domestic partnership" or whatever it is called, fine. I dont comprehend how you guys saying that someone opposing gay marriage is "anti-family." You're losing me on that.
No, that's exactly what it is. White straight men need to realize they can't have everything their way.

Who defines marriage? The government, and has government not changed definitions and laws throughout time?

The truth is you have nothing to stand on except your own bias and desires. That's it.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,289
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


No, that's not it at all. Gays and lesbians need to realize that they cant have everything their own way.

That's what they said about those pesky women and blacks too.
__________________
anitram is online now  
Old 06-20-2007, 01:57 PM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


The truth is you have nothing to stand on except your own bias and desires. That's it.
You know what? You're right. I totally disagree with the gay lifestyle. I dont want them getting married and I dont want them changing the meaning of marriage.

Oh, did you hear "marriage" and "family values" are now hate speech? Do some of you in here, namely BVS, anitram, Irvine, Springsteen honestly think this a good thing? Way to go, SP-California.
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #39
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,673
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


You know what? You're right. I totally disagree with the gay lifestyle. I dont want them getting married and I dont want them changing the meaning of marriage.
Do you disagree with divorce, racism, ignorance, you let that happen everyday. I don't agree with you and your lifestyle but does that mean I should be allowed to keep you from getting married and procreating?

But I'm glad you finally admit you have nothing to stand on, isn't that difficult to walk through like that?


Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

Oh, did you hear "marriage" and "family values" are now hate speech? Way to go, SP-California.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:04 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2

I dont want them getting married and I dont want them changing the meaning of marriage.
How does it change the meaning of marriage? It's been happening in MA and I can assure you that the meaning of straight marriage in MA remains entirely the same. Shocking I know, but it does. Unfortunately it hasn't improved my parents' marriage-but it certainly hasn't made my parents' marriage any worse. They are responsible for that. All married people are responsible for the meaning of their marriages.

I disagree with the straight lifestyle when it includes adultery, abuse and mistreatment, lack of real love, people using people-etc. I can never disagree with the "gay lifestyle" because I can't disagree with who people are born to be.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar



Hate Speech?

The Supreme Court has been asked to reverse rulings that found the terms "marriage," "natural family," and "union of a man and woman" can be punished as hate speech in government workplaces.

The Washington Times reports the phrases were in a flyer distributed by city employees in Oakland, California. The flyers were in response to a homosexual group that was allowed to post promotional material on the city's e-mail system.

But a lesbian co-worker complained she felt "targeted" and "excluded" by the flyers — which the city ordered removed. The authors of the flyer sued, claiming discrimination, and lost.

The group representing the women who wrote the flyers says the rulings have silenced hundreds who simply wish to talk about marriage and family values.


So basically, gays can hand out flyers promoting their lifestyle and excluding straight individuals and thats alright, but when straight employees promote traditional marriage and values and exclude gays, that crosses a line.

People are far too anxious to cry discrimination today.
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:17 PM   #42
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,673
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2



Hate Speech?

The Supreme Court has been asked to reverse rulings that found the terms "marriage," "natural family," and "union of a man and woman" can be punished as hate speech in government workplaces.

The Washington Times reports the phrases were in a flyer distributed by city employees in Oakland, California. The flyers were in response to a homosexual group that was allowed to post promotional material on the city's e-mail system.

But a lesbian co-worker complained she felt "targeted" and "excluded" by the flyers — which the city ordered removed. The authors of the flyer sued, claiming discrimination, and lost.

The group representing the women who wrote the flyers says the rulings have silenced hundreds who simply wish to talk about marriage and family values.


So basically, gays can hand out flyers promoting their lifestyle and excluding straight individuals and thats alright, but when straight employees promote traditional marriage and values and exclude gays, that crosses a line.

People are far too anxious to cry discrimination today.
And what's the source of this? I know you have a problem with sources but it would be nice.

"Have been asked to find", and "are" as you stated earlier aren't the same thing.

I know 5 years old with a better grasp on these types of things.

I guess you've never heard of trying to make a point, think about it.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 02:54 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,280832,00.html

http://www.realtruth.org/news/070608...ch-ruling.html

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/25661.html

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/6/prweb531074.htm

Those are sources.

I couldnt find a response to this story in your post. Maybe you could go hang out with those 5 year olds you know and they could teach you how to read.

Try again. I want an answer this time. Do you, BonoVoxSupastar, think it is ok for gays to promote gay lifestyle but not ok for straight people to promote straight lifestyle? What happened to free speech and equality that you adore? Do those only apply to minorities? Please tell me.
__________________
2861U2 is offline  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:35 PM   #44
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,673
Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 2861U2


Try again. I want an answer this time. Do you, BonoVoxSupastar, think it is ok for gays to promote gay lifestyle but not ok for straight people to promote straight lifestyle? What happened to free speech and equality that you adore? Do those only apply to minorities? Please tell me.
Try again, what? There were no sources originally.

Someone has filed a case to make a point, what part of that do you not get? There have been other cases like this as well, most don't go through.

But someone is trying to make a point that "marriage" shouldn't be an exclusive term. I know this may be difficult to understand...

Tell me what exactly is a gay "lifestyle"? What is a straight "lifestyle"?

Why should we have to promote either one? I know who I am, she knows who she is, and he knows who he is.

Do you know who you are? Are you scared a pamphlet may change your sexual orientation?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 06-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,251
Local Time: 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


Do you know who you are?
Yes

Quote:
Are you scared a pamphlet may change your sexual orientation?
No.

But "family values" and "marriage" being challenged as hate speech? That is ridiculous. I dont get why homosexuals can exclude heterosexuals but not vice-versa.

Note to self- never live in California.
__________________

__________________
2861U2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com