Marriage Equality Defended in Massachusetts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people are just truly scared of true equality, they need some sense of superiorority. You see it all the time in here. People get up in arms that their religion, their sex, their skin color is being treated the same as others, that scares them.

Where are our FYM defenders of marriage anyway? The usual right-minded folks haven't weighed in here yet. No one has told us about hating the sin, or how gay marriage will ruin God's country.

Could it be that they've run out of defenses for discriminatory behavior?

martha said:
Where are our FYM defenders of marriage anyway? The usual right-minded folks haven't weighed in here yet. No one has told us about hating the sin, or how gay marriage will ruin God's country.

Could it be that they've run out of defenses for discriminatory behavior?

unless we destroy any benefits extended to domestic partners, then churches across the land will be forced to gay marry homosexuals.

government agends, armed to the teeth, will descend on churches every Sunday and fornicating homosexuals will get "married" in front of the believers.

it's religious discrimination, people.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Some people are just truly scared of true equality

No, that's not it at all. Gays and lesbians need to realize that they cant have everything their own way.

Marriage is one man and one woman. I dont believe gays should be able to get married or have the same benefits as my mother and father do. If they want to have a "domestic partnership" or whatever it is called, fine. I dont comprehend how you guys saying that someone opposing gay marriage is "anti-family." You're losing me on that.

2861U2 said:

Gays and lesbians need to realize that they cant have everything their own way.

Why-straight people can have everything their own way, and then some. A family is love and commitment. You can honestly read that story I posted about the woman who died and her partner and still say they don't deserve the same rights? With all due respect what is so special about your mother and father, why is their love any more equal?

2861U2 said:

No, that's not it at all. Gays and lesbians need to realize that they cant have everything their own way.

Marriage is one man and one woman. I dont believe gays should be able to get married or have the same benefits as my mother and father do. If they want to have a "domestic partnership" or whatever it is called, fine. I dont comprehend how you guys saying that someone opposing gay marriage is "anti-family." You're losing me on that.

No, that's exactly what it is. White straight men need to realize they can't have everything their way.

Who defines marriage? The government, and has government not changed definitions and laws throughout time?

The truth is you have nothing to stand on except your own bias and desires. That's it.

2861U2 said:

That's what they said about those pesky women and blacks too.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

The truth is you have nothing to stand on except your own bias and desires. That's it.

You know what? You're right. I totally disagree with the gay lifestyle. I dont want them getting married and I dont want them changing the meaning of marriage.

Oh, did you hear "marriage" and "family values" are now hate speech? Do some of you in here, namely BVS, anitram, Irvine, Springsteen honestly think this a good thing? Way to go, SP-California.

Last edited:
2861U2 said:

You know what? You're right. I totally disagree with the gay lifestyle. I dont want them getting married and I dont want them changing the meaning of marriage.

Do you disagree with divorce, racism, ignorance, you let that happen everyday. I don't agree with you and your lifestyle but does that mean I should be allowed to keep you from getting married and procreating?

But I'm glad you finally admit you have nothing to stand on, isn't that difficult to walk through like that?

2861U2 said:

Oh, did you hear "marriage" and "family values" are now hate speech? Way to go, SP-California.

:huh:

2861U2 said:

I dont want them getting married and I dont want them changing the meaning of marriage.

How does it change the meaning of marriage? It's been happening in MA and I can assure you that the meaning of straight marriage in MA remains entirely the same. Shocking I know, but it does. Unfortunately it hasn't improved my parents' marriage-but it certainly hasn't made my parents' marriage any worse. They are responsible for that. All married people are responsible for the meaning of their marriages.

I disagree with the straight lifestyle when it includes adultery, abuse and mistreatment, lack of real love, people using people-etc. I can never disagree with the "gay lifestyle" because I can't disagree with who people are born to be.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Hate Speech?

The Supreme Court has been asked to reverse rulings that found the terms "marriage," "natural family," and "union of a man and woman" can be punished as hate speech in government workplaces.

The Washington Times reports the phrases were in a flyer distributed by city employees in Oakland, California. The flyers were in response to a homosexual group that was allowed to post promotional material on the city's e-mail system.

But a lesbian co-worker complained she felt "targeted" and "excluded" by the flyers — which the city ordered removed. The authors of the flyer sued, claiming discrimination, and lost.

The group representing the women who wrote the flyers says the rulings have silenced hundreds who simply wish to talk about marriage and family values.

So basically, gays can hand out flyers promoting their lifestyle and excluding straight individuals and thats alright, but when straight employees promote traditional marriage and values and exclude gays, that crosses a line.

People are far too anxious to cry discrimination today.

2861U2 said:

Hate Speech?

The Supreme Court has been asked to reverse rulings that found the terms "marriage," "natural family," and "union of a man and woman" can be punished as hate speech in government workplaces.

The Washington Times reports the phrases were in a flyer distributed by city employees in Oakland, California. The flyers were in response to a homosexual group that was allowed to post promotional material on the city's e-mail system.

But a lesbian co-worker complained she felt "targeted" and "excluded" by the flyers — which the city ordered removed. The authors of the flyer sued, claiming discrimination, and lost.

The group representing the women who wrote the flyers says the rulings have silenced hundreds who simply wish to talk about marriage and family values.

So basically, gays can hand out flyers promoting their lifestyle and excluding straight individuals and thats alright, but when straight employees promote traditional marriage and values and exclude gays, that crosses a line.

And what's the source of this? I know you have a problem with sources but it would be nice.

"Have been asked to find", and "are" as you stated earlier aren't the same thing.

I know 5 years old with a better grasp on these types of things.

I guess you've never heard of trying to make a point, think about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,280832,00.html

http://www.realtruth.org/news/070608-001-hate-speech-ruling.html

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/25661.html

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2007/6/prweb531074.htm

Those are sources.

I couldnt find a response to this story in your post. Maybe you could go hang out with those 5 year olds you know and they could teach you how to read.

Try again. I want an answer this time. Do you, BonoVoxSupastar, think it is ok for gays to promote gay lifestyle but not ok for straight people to promote straight lifestyle? What happened to free speech and equality that you adore? Do those only apply to minorities? Please tell me.

2861U2 said:

Try again. I want an answer this time. Do you, BonoVoxSupastar, think it is ok for gays to promote gay lifestyle but not ok for straight people to promote straight lifestyle? What happened to free speech and equality that you adore? Do those only apply to minorities? Please tell me.

Try again, what? There were no sources originally.:|

Someone has filed a case to make a point, what part of that do you not get? There have been other cases like this as well, most don't go through.

But someone is trying to make a point that "marriage" shouldn't be an exclusive term. I know this may be difficult to understand...

Tell me what exactly is a gay "lifestyle"? What is a straight "lifestyle"?

Why should we have to promote either one? I know who I am, she knows who she is, and he knows who he is.

Do you know who you are? Are you scared a pamphlet may change your sexual orientation?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Do you know who you are?

Yes

Are you scared a pamphlet may change your sexual orientation?

No.

But "family values" and "marriage" being challenged as hate speech? That is ridiculous. I dont get why homosexuals can exclude heterosexuals but not vice-versa.

Note to self- never live in California.

2861U2 said:
Try again. I want an answer this time. Do you, BonoVoxSupastar, think it is ok for gays to promote gay lifestyle but not ok for straight people to promote straight lifestyle? What happened to free speech and equality that you adore? Do those only apply to minorities? Please tell me. [/B]

Yeah!!

Why do people think it's ok for blacks to promote a black lifestyle but not for whites to promote a caucasian lifestyle?

How were heterosexuals being excluded? According to one of the links you posted, these were some of the things the gay employees were "promoting"

# An invitation to view an “altar exhibition” for the “Day of the Dead”
# The promotion of “National Coming Out Day”
# An invitation to the “First Annual Holiday Mixer” for Oakland’s Gay-Straight Employee Alliance.
# An invitation, sent by an Oakland City Councilmember, to participate in “the first anti-Iraq War teach-in sponsored by a city government anywhere in the U.S.”

If you aren't interested in any of that you don't go, it's as simple as that :shrug: Whereas the hetero group actually used the phrase "Preserve Our Workplace With Integrity". Come on, we all know what that is code for and it isn't even code when you just analyze the words-it is saying outright that the gay people and what they are "promoting" has no integrity.

So I caught a bit of news during lunch (CNN's Your World Today) and would swear I saw on the ticker scroll that NY just passed a similar bill??? Anyone else see this? Be great if so! :yes:

Sherry Darling said:
So I caught a bit of news during lunch (CNN's Your World Today) and would swear I saw on the ticker scroll that NY just passed a similar bill??? Anyone else see this? Be great if so! :yes:

It passed in the NY House, and still has to pass in the NY Senate, but definitely a step in the right direction. :up:

anitram said:

Yeah!!

Why do people think it's ok for blacks to promote a black lifestyle but not for whites to promote a caucasian lifestyle?

Huh?

So you think that free speech and equality should only protect minorities? Is that what I'm getting?

So... if a minority says something vulgar and offensive, it's ok because it's free speech. But if a white Christian male says something offensive, it's discrimination and hatred.

Correct?

2861U2 said:

NO.

The point is there is no such thing as a gay lifestyle, much like there is no such thing as a female lifestyle or a black lifestyle. A gay man is born gay the way you were born straight.

2861U2 said:

Oh, did you hear "marriage" and "family values" are now hate speech? Do some of you in here, namely BVS, anitram, Irvine, Springsteen honestly think this a good thing? Way to go, SP-California.

i'm as gay as it gets.

:wave:

i'd love to get married. but you won't let me. :sad:

2861U2 said:

could you please let me know what the "gay lifestyle" is?

i'm a grade-A fag, and i haven't a clue as to what makes my "lifestyle" gay, other than being in love with another man.

you seem to be much more intimately acquainted with the "gay lifestyle." please, tell me about it.

2861U2 said:

You sure?

2861U2 said:

But "family values" and "marriage" being challenged as hate speech? That is ridiculous. I dont get why homosexuals can exclude heterosexuals but not vice-versa.

Note to self- never live in California.

You don't get that it's a point they are trying to make? If marriage was equal, they wouldn't need for it to be hate speech. What part of that don't you get?

How are homosexuals excluding you? Please explain that one?

And explain to me what these lifestyles you talk about are!!!

Note to self: Never live in a closed mind.

2861U2 said:

Did you read the article posted on page 2 about the woman who was denied being able to be at her partner's bedside as she DIED? If not, could you read it. If you have read it could you please tell me how as a Christian you can not see the heart-breaking injustice of what happened to them?

Back
Top Bottom