Mark Geragos, What A Scumbag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
The Peterson jury is a total mess. Another juror, the foreman, was dismissed today.

http://www.courttv.com/trials/peterson/111004_ctv.html

Check out what Geragos had on a property he owns near the courthouse. I eat my words if he wasn't responsible for/aware of this (not really, he's still a scumbag ) Seriously, Laci's mother complained about his joking and laughing during the trial. That was bad enough. How insensitive and cruel..

There was a dummy in the boat that was supposed to be Laci I guess, w/ weights tied on the limbs

From the Court TV blog

Defense lawyers Mark Geragos and Pat Harris arrive at court and go straight into judge's chambers. Could it be about last night's appearance of the defense boat replica right near the courthouse? Turns out the parking lot where the boat drew media cameras in a late-night frenzy is owned by Geragos. Geragos bought the single-story office building at 749 Brewster Ave. in Redwood City in July 2004 for $1.75 million, according to the San Mateo County Recorder's Office. If Geragos is sanctioned by the judge for leaving the boat in plain sight during deliberations, the defense lawyer may well complain the media was trespassing on his property. —Harriet Ryan & Bryan Lavietes

I can't wait to hear his excuse for this one :yawn:

MrsSpringsteen said:

Check out what Geragos had on a property he owns near the courthouse. I eat my words if he wasn't responsible for/aware of this (not really, he's still a scumbag ) Seriously, Laci's mother complained about his joking and laughing during the trial. That was bad enough. How insensitive and cruel..

There was a dummy in the boat that was supposed to be Laci I guess, w/ weights tied on the limbs

Its still out there as far as I know and its covered with signs telling Geraros what a piece of :censored: he is

I can't believe the judge is tolerating this. How completely disrespectful. :|

Because the media can only cover one case at a time. So they had to pick and choose between all the women killed by their husbands and cover this one. Plus, it's in California and there's more media that live there and won't have to charge the company with hotel room stays.

The scary thing I'm not sure if that's sarcastic or not.

I think it gets so much attention U2democrat because she was a young, pregnant woman and her husband is a scumbag (well, he is in my opinion). Certainly all murders are worthy of sympathy and attention, but unfortunately the media chooses to focus mostly on cases like this. I think it's the element of-well, it happened to a "normal" couple that people can perhaps relate to.

The number one cause of death for pregnant women is homicide.

It's just great that people like Scott can afford to hire people like Geragos (well, his parents can) :down:. My heart goes out to Laci's family.

What is wrong w/ that judge-is he under Geragos' spell the way Ito was under Cochran's? Something has to be done about this disgrace.

It just drives me nuts when the media picks up one seemingly random case of thousands, perhaps millions, latches on to it when absolutely no one i know seems to care.

It is the same mechanism whereby some television dramas succeed and others fail. People are killed every day, but the news will only focus on the "sexy" stories.....

I care about this case, I think it's so tragic

It's scary to think about marrying someone and having him turn out to be this way . I believe he murdered Laci and Connor, but even if one doesn't believe that, there is still his lying and cheating - cheating on his pregnant wife. When asked by a friend how he felt about the pregnancy, he replied "I was hoping for infertility" :|

I care that so many women are beaten and/or killed by their husbands/boyfriends

I just saw a picture of his little stunt on Yahoo-no way would I ever post it. It made me ill, and very angry

Last edited:
Yes it is a tragic case, but I get so sick of hearing about it all the time. Especially living here in Richmond, which as something like the #1 or 2 crime rate in the country. I hear more horrifying stories than this one every day.

nbcrusader said:
It is the same mechanism whereby some television dramas succeed and others fail. People are killed every day, but the news will only focus on the "sexy" stories.....

You're right. It sucks, huh?

"The alternate who replaced the ousted juror is a retiree with a personal connection to the defendant. His future son-in-law bought a San Luis Obispo restaurant once owned by Peterson and his wife, Laci, and worked for both for six weeks."

Is that even legal...?

Oh well, I just think this Geragos stunt is completely disgraceful. It has nothing to do w/ the merits of the media coverage of this case.

And I think regardless of Amber Frey or anyone else, the fact that homicide is the #1 cause of death of pregnant women in the US still remains, and is quite disturbing.

What is this stunt that's causing the outrage? I'm totally out of the loop and I can't really make any sense of it just by reading the posts here.

Geragos has parked a fishing boat in front of a building he owns a few blocks from the courthouse. In it he has the same type of cement anchors Scott Peterson allegedly used to weigh down Laci's body along with the headless dummy that represented Laci in the defense re-enactment of Laci being tossed overboard.

Speculation is that he's doing it in protest because he wasn't allowed to use his re-enactment in court but the prosecution was allowed to use theirs.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
scott peterson will be walking free... there is a slew of evidence to prove without a shadow of a doubt that he's an absolute scumbag asshole... there isn't any to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he murdered laci, even though i believe he did. i'd be very surprised if he went to jail.

As much as it sickens me to imagine him getting away with killing his wife and son, I think you are right.

I get to live in the same city as the trial! I see it day and night. And my dad was on Court TV the other day as he was attending his own jury duty in the same building :shifty:

Its going to be a hung jury :tsk: and once again, justice will not be served.

I don´t know what on earth you are talking about. But if it´s some bloody story, spare me the details ...

Geragos little stunt has backfired on him...people around the courthouse have turned the boat into a shrine for Laci and Conner.

capt.rsb10211110302.laci_peterson_rsb102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom