Map of Religiousity - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 04-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #16
love, blood, life
Local Time: 05:53 PM
Originally posted by nbcrusader

I noticed a similar trend in tiny Mendenhall MS. One one stretch of residential country road, we walked passed five different chuch buildings to get to the Mendenhall Ministries building.

It would be interesting to see the list of reasons for all the offshoot churches - probably many tied to small, personal differences in leadership style for these already tiny congregations.
That's very much the case in my area. Members of a congregation get angry at each other and instead of working on their differences, one (sometimes more) group will split off and build/start a new church. There are several offshoots of the church my dad was a part of all his life, and other ones have offshoots too. I imagine by now even the offshoots have offshoots.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:54 PM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:53 PM
This is going on with independent Protestant churches in my area also, they're proliferating like crazy.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:30 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:53 PM
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
No the upper map puts that big blob of belivers in the middle, although the methodology could be a bit dodgy.
This is a map of membership in religious congregations, not a map of all those who have religious or spiritual belief. Many people who are not members of religious congregations have religious or spiritual beliefs.