MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #841
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Did we really want to sit through another Republican circus, just to get confirmed anyway?

That's what these things have turned into(especially from the party of no), I really see no point in having them unless there is a real possibility of being not confirmed. Allegations of being gay, communist, etc are just getting ridiculous.

That would not be the reason . You will soon find out. You will be hearing a lot about this Dr.


Dd anyone ask Kagan if she was Gay? I dont think so.
__________________

__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #842
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
"haven't heard one single legitimate complaint about this guy from Republicans. " Oh, you will. Especially come November

He's a strong patient rights advocate, Yes... That would be one way to put it .

is highly educated and very qualified Because he teaches at Harvard? But yes, that is also one way to put it... qualified.


is highly educated and very qualified; does that go against the Republican platform these days. Republicans ( many are Drs) have nothing against healthcare. It is THIS healthcare.

Have you read any of the Good Dr's papers? They are very enlightening and insightful with some very interesting ideas on how to save money.

Republicans are against condoms? In grade schools and such sure. They feel the PARENTS should have that responsibility .
Why did you make the same post if you weren't going to add anything new?

You still haven't given me any legitimate complaints.

And the birth control/prayer thing was in reference to Bush's appointee who was a complete hack wrote papers about how women should just pray to help their PMS, was against the pill and supported pharmacists that wanted to deny the pill or other drugs to women.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #843
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
That would not be the reason . You will soon find out. You will be hearing a lot about this Dr.
Oh, I've heard a lot, but like I said I haven't heard any LEGITIMATE reasons, just a lot of speculation and twisting of one liners taken out of context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Dd anyone ask Kagan if she was Gay? I dont think so.
But there was A LOT of talk about it on the radio shows and conservative blogs. I didn't listen to the whole hearing, so I'm not sure if it was asked.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #844
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Why did you make the same post if you weren't going to add anything new?

You still haven't given me any legitimate complaints.

And the birth control/prayer thing was in reference to Bush's appointee who was a complete hack wrote papers about how women should just pray to help their PMS, was against the pill and supported pharmacists that wanted to deny the pill or other drugs to women.

A. Because I want you to look yourself. Look at his book and any NEJM papers.

B Bush isn't President .

c Pharmacists, regardless of political affiliation are trying very hard to regulate a lot of prescriptions. Try to get any pain meds lately ? They do it with all kinds of drugs. Always have, but it is getting muuch worse.

But if someone's personal belief keeps them from giving the pill, then the tech can fill it. They have delt with that.
__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #845
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Oh, I've heard a lot, but like I said I haven't heard any LEGITIMATE reasons, just a lot of speculation and twisting of one liners taken out of context.



But there was A LOT of talk about it on the radio shows and conservative blogs. I didn't listen to the whole hearing, so I'm not sure if it was asked.

they didnt ask . she was actually funny
__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #846
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,974
Local Time: 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post

But if someone's personal belief keeps them from giving the pill, then the tech can fill it
Or maybe then they can quit their job-because their responsibility is to the patient first. Don't go into that line of work in the first place if any pill is such a conflict with your moral values.
__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #847
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
A. Because I want you to look yourself. Look at his book and any NEJM papers.
I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
B Bush isn't President .
Were you outraged then? I'm saying comparatively speaking this guy looks like a saint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
c Pharmacists, regardless of political affiliation are trying very hard to regulate a lot of prescriptions. Try to get any pain meds lately ? They do it with all kinds of drugs. Always have, but it is getting muuch worse.

But if someone's personal belief keeps them from giving the pill, then the tech can fill it. They have delt with that.
This isn't always the case. Pharmacists should learn how to do their job, period. And that we had an administration that supported this nonsense was maddening.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #848
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Or maybe then they can quit their job-because their responsibility is to the patient first. Don't go into that line of work in the first place if any pill is such a conflict with your moral values.
I don't think it is a the majority of them . I think it was Walgreens or Eckerds that had a problem. One of the 2.

Pain meds are the worse. Police coming from one side, some Pharmacist from the other . DEA tells how many Vicodan ( harmless ) can be manufactured in a small time period.

I agree, Patients first .
__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #849
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I have.


Were you outraged then? I'm saying comparatively speaking this guy looks like a saint.


This isn't always the case. Pharmacists should learn how to do their job, period. And that we had an administration that supported this nonsense was maddening.

Yup, very much so. I actually voted for Gore the first time. I am glad that didn't work out, but I was no fan of Bush.

Right now, the Pain med Drs society of 20 was just at the WH last week,, asking for funding for busting Drs who write them. Or protection for themselves.

This will be, it is really
the new war on Drugs. Legtimate pain meds. They can't stop the illegal stuff ( someone told me an 8 ball in Miami is 40.00 off the key) it is eveerywhere, so they are going to attack ligit pain meds, Dr's and Patients . Watch. It is happening now . Is Bush still in Office?

I agree Pharms should fill prescriptions and look for interactions etc
__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #850
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I have.


Were you outraged then? I'm saying comparatively speaking this guy looks like a saint.


This isn't always the case. Pharmacists should learn how to do their job, period. And that we had an administration that supported this nonsense was maddening.
They do their jobs. they are just slow. You know, like someone still playing Dylan songs in small places.
__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #851
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I have.


Were you outraged then? I'm saying comparatively speaking this guy looks like a saint.


This isn't always the case. Pharmacists should learn how to do their job, period. And that we had an administration that supported this nonsense was maddening.

What papers of his have you read? You said you have in the Journal. which ones? specifically.

so 22,000 lifetime sounds about right for you then? cool.
__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #852
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
They do their jobs. they are just slow. You know, like someone still playing Dylan songs in small places.
They are not doing their job if they are refusing to fill subscriptions that the patients bring in...

That analogy
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #853
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
What papers of his have you read? You said you have in the Journal. which ones? specifically.
Sorry just read this part:

Quote:
Because I want you to look yourself.
and responded to that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
so 22,000 lifetime sounds about right for you then? cool.
What?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #854
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Sorry just read this part:



and responded to that.




What?
what specific papers did you read, written by him, in The New England Journal of medicine. Article and the article number.

That way we can start o he same page. I have read them all over the years, so wherever you want to start is fine.
__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #855
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,645
Local Time: 08:00 AM


I just admited that I haven't read any of HIS writings. I just read the first part of your post and responded to that.

The only thing I've read or paid attention to is the commentary on both sides.
__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Dog Lovers.... Part 3 U2Fanatic4ever Lemonade Stand 1019 05-19-2012 04:35 AM
Hell-th Insurance WARNING: LONG POST! BluRmGrl Zoo Confessionals 7 10-26-2006 10:04 PM
On (not) having health insurance wolfeden Zoo Confessionals 14 03-24-2004 12:15 PM
White House seeks control on health, safety Scarletwine Free Your Mind Archive 1 01-13-2004 05:54 PM
Bono today at the conference in Africa U2Kitten Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 9 01-15-2002 10:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com