MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 57 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #841
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Did we really want to sit through another Republican circus, just to get confirmed anyway?

That's what these things have turned into(especially from the party of no), I really see no point in having them unless there is a real possibility of being not confirmed. Allegations of being gay, communist, etc are just getting ridiculous.

That would not be the reason . You will soon find out. You will be hearing a lot about this Dr.

Dd anyone ask Kagan if she was Gay? I dont think so.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #842
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
"haven't heard one single legitimate complaint about this guy from Republicans. " Oh, you will. Especially come November

He's a strong patient rights advocate, Yes... That would be one way to put it .

is highly educated and very qualified Because he teaches at Harvard? But yes, that is also one way to put it... qualified.

is highly educated and very qualified; does that go against the Republican platform these days. Republicans ( many are Drs) have nothing against healthcare. It is THIS healthcare.

Have you read any of the Good Dr's papers? They are very enlightening and insightful with some very interesting ideas on how to save money.

Republicans are against condoms? In grade schools and such sure. They feel the PARENTS should have that responsibility .
Why did you make the same post if you weren't going to add anything new?

You still haven't given me any legitimate complaints.

And the birth control/prayer thing was in reference to Bush's appointee who was a complete hack wrote papers about how women should just pray to help their PMS, was against the pill and supported pharmacists that wanted to deny the pill or other drugs to women.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #843
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That would not be the reason . You will soon find out. You will be hearing a lot about this Dr.
Oh, I've heard a lot, but like I said I haven't heard any LEGITIMATE reasons, just a lot of speculation and twisting of one liners taken out of context.

Quote:
Dd anyone ask Kagan if she was Gay? I dont think so.
But there was A LOT of talk about it on the radio shows and conservative blogs. I didn't listen to the whole hearing, so I'm not sure if it was asked.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #844
Acrobat

Quote:
Why did you make the same post if you weren't going to add anything new?

You still haven't given me any legitimate complaints.

And the birth control/prayer thing was in reference to Bush's appointee who was a complete hack wrote papers about how women should just pray to help their PMS, was against the pill and supported pharmacists that wanted to deny the pill or other drugs to women.

A. Because I want you to look yourself. Look at his book and any NEJM papers.

B Bush isn't President .

c Pharmacists, regardless of political affiliation are trying very hard to regulate a lot of prescriptions. Try to get any pain meds lately ? They do it with all kinds of drugs. Always have, but it is getting muuch worse.

But if someone's personal belief keeps them from giving the pill, then the tech can fill it. They have delt with that.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #845
Acrobat

Quote:
Oh, I've heard a lot, but like I said I haven't heard any LEGITIMATE reasons, just a lot of speculation and twisting of one liners taken out of context.

But there was A LOT of talk about it on the radio shows and conservative blogs. I didn't listen to the whole hearing, so I'm not sure if it was asked.

they didnt ask . she was actually funny
Old 07-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #846
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:00 AM
Quote:

But if someone's personal belief keeps them from giving the pill, then the tech can fill it
Or maybe then they can quit their job-because their responsibility is to the patient first. Don't go into that line of work in the first place if any pill is such a conflict with your moral values.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #847
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
A. Because I want you to look yourself. Look at his book and any NEJM papers.
I have.

Quote:
B Bush isn't President .
Were you outraged then? I'm saying comparatively speaking this guy looks like a saint.

Quote:
c Pharmacists, regardless of political affiliation are trying very hard to regulate a lot of prescriptions. Try to get any pain meds lately ? They do it with all kinds of drugs. Always have, but it is getting muuch worse.

But if someone's personal belief keeps them from giving the pill, then the tech can fill it. They have delt with that.
This isn't always the case. Pharmacists should learn how to do their job, period. And that we had an administration that supported this nonsense was maddening.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #848
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Or maybe then they can quit their job-because their responsibility is to the patient first. Don't go into that line of work in the first place if any pill is such a conflict with your moral values.
I don't think it is a the majority of them . I think it was Walgreens or Eckerds that had a problem. One of the 2.

Pain meds are the worse. Police coming from one side, some Pharmacist from the other . DEA tells how many Vicodan ( harmless ) can be manufactured in a small time period.

I agree, Patients first .
Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 PM   #849
Acrobat

Quote:
I have.

Were you outraged then? I'm saying comparatively speaking this guy looks like a saint.

This isn't always the case. Pharmacists should learn how to do their job, period. And that we had an administration that supported this nonsense was maddening.

Yup, very much so. I actually voted for Gore the first time. I am glad that didn't work out, but I was no fan of Bush.

Right now, the Pain med Drs society of 20 was just at the WH last week,, asking for funding for busting Drs who write them. Or protection for themselves.

This will be, it is really
the new war on Drugs. Legtimate pain meds. They can't stop the illegal stuff ( someone told me an 8 ball in Miami is 40.00 off the key) it is eveerywhere, so they are going to attack ligit pain meds, Dr's and Patients . Watch. It is happening now . Is Bush still in Office?

I agree Pharms should fill prescriptions and look for interactions etc
Old 07-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #850
Acrobat

Quote:
I have.

They do their jobs. they are just slow. You know, like someone still playing Dylan songs in small places.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #851
Acrobat

Quote:
I have.

What papers of his have you read? You said you have in the Journal. which ones? specifically.

so 22,000 lifetime sounds about right for you then? cool.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #852
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
They do their jobs. they are just slow. You know, like someone still playing Dylan songs in small places.
They are not doing their job if they are refusing to fill subscriptions that the patients bring in...

That analogy
Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #853
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What papers of his have you read? You said you have in the Journal. which ones? specifically.
Sorry just read this part:

Quote:
Because I want you to look yourself.
and responded to that.

Quote:
so 22,000 lifetime sounds about right for you then? cool.
What?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #854
Acrobat

Quote:
Sorry just read this part:

and responded to that.

What?
what specific papers did you read, written by him, in The New England Journal of medicine. Article and the article number.

That way we can start o he same page. I have read them all over the years, so wherever you want to start is fine.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #855
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I just admited that I haven't read any of HIS writings. I just read the first part of your post and responded to that.

The only thing I've read or paid attention to is the commentary on both sides.