MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2010, 04:48 PM   #811
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
That is just flat out wrong.

A family member of mine (mother of a cousin by marriage) recently discovered she had cancer upon returning from a vacation and was immediately admitted to the hospital. After all the tests had been administered to determine exactly what she had, it was found that the cancer was at an advanced stage and immediately began treatment. It's too early to tell, but it seems like she'll be okay.

And last year I attended a friend's BBQ where I started talking sports with someone. He told me he no longer plays any competitive sports because he had surgery. Then he told me the story: In February of last year he started getting headaches. Then he collapsed a short time later and was rushed to the hospital.

Tests determined that he had a brain tumour. Within days he was operated on and the tumour removed. He now has regular checkups, and he can't do anything that involves physical contact that might result in a head injury. But he said he's never felt better in his life and is functioning like he did before.

In both cases they paid a grand total of $0. And they will always pay that amount and not have to worry about being dropped because of pre-existing conditions.

I cannot stress this enough: are there issues with our health care? There most certainly are, but I dare anyone to find a country that has a perfect system. There are none.

BUT with that said, I would much rather have our system, warts and all, than the one south of the border.
I have some friends at Princess Margaret. Great Hospital . I have spent time there. There are still alot of issue. Again, why is everyone paying for CT-scans at private facilities? Why do they come over the border for treatment Mayo, many people from Canada go . They cater to them.

no, nothing is perfect. but I find it strange that many Canadien officials come to the States for heart and Cancer treatment... why ? Didn't you guys have a big time Politician come to the states for cancer, or heart treatment? I read that somewhere not long ago, and the paper was blasting him.

He said, the treatment he needed he couldnt get there. I believe he came to miami didnt he?

Old 07-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #812
Acrobat

The moral of the story is the Government cannot do it for us in the states. No way.

Then, you must understand the cultural difference from a citizenship who doesn't want to wait, wants it now , and there is no way they will put up with the Chaos it will be.

Number one thing I hear, and have seen here was dealing with insurance companies. the Government is better at running an insurance company than the insurance company? Medicare is hard enough, we can't even imagine his fiasco of "free" ( it is not free)

How many uninsured people will die from now to 2014, because the Medical care bill, hasn't started yet, and they are not even close to having the "electronic records" which is essential ? How many ?

Be $ 5,000 toilet seats everwhere. This will not pass the courts any way .

Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 PM   #813
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
The moral of the story is the Government cannot do it for us in the states. No way.

Then, you must understand the cultural difference from a citizenship who doesn't want to wait, wants it now , and there is no way they will put up with the Chaos it will be.

Number one thing I hear, and have seen here was dealing with insurance companies. the Government is better at running an insurance company than the insurance company? Medicare is hard enough, we can't even imagine his fiasco of "free" ( it is not free)

How many uninsured people will die from now to 2014, because the Medical care bill, hasn't started yet, and they are not even close to having the "electronic records" which is essential ? How many ?

Be $ 5,000 toilet seats everwhere. This will not pass the courts any way .
For someone who can't ever really answer questions asked of him, I find it ironic that you can sum of the moral of the story. Especially in such a nonsensical manner.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:05 PM   #814
She's the One

Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
The moral of the story is the Government cannot do it for us in the states. No way..
But all those kids get the Government medical care, and that guy who got beat up will be ok because he can get Government medical care.

At least that's what you said earlier. So which is it? Can Government do it for us, or not?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #815
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Quote:
I know 10 people in my hospital ( we have a staff of over 4,000) who took the shot. When we refused, they threatend us with suspension. we said "good" we will go to the beach. hey backed off quickly
This is frightening.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:45 AM   #816
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
it passed on a bi-partisan vote, too

you do realize that is a ten year projection.

I guess when the 'mark up' a bill they are required to do this.

why not say it cost 120 billion a year?

did you complain about the cost of Bush's Irag mis-adventure?

COSTOFWAR.COM - The Cost of War
It's been 18 months and Obama has embraced and used the same methods as bush. Why doesn't he end it then?

My opinion, but your mis- directing the anger. Obama is comander in Chief. he could stop it tomorrow. Maybe once he got it, he saw the whole story.

Obma has been President for 18 month. He could end it at any point, but he knows he cant

1.5 trillion could subsidize health insurance for a lot of people . ever though of why he doesn't.? Unions... they need the public options as the money paid in for HC for members, is "gone " Union dues went some where.

I love the film of the NEA President saying, " The education union isn't about the kids, it is about money and power " beautiful. It's in his own words and on film
Old 07-04-2010, 04:57 AM   #817
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Wanderer View Post
This is frightening.

Remember at the beginning that it was a Medical emergency. A National emergency. Total BS

They just burned I think it was 90 million doses. The Hospital were required to reprt ANY seasonal flu as possible H1N1 , even if the test was no. Then the combined the numbers of seasonal and H1N1, hospitializations and deaths. said so right on the bottom of their site.

We know flu season, we know what is coming etc, and it took abut 2 days to find this was totally bogus, and how "organzied it was to get people to take ths shots.

we have seen it before. We never take the shots. By the time anything gets out, we have been exposed to it months ahead.

They were going to suspend everyone who wouldn't take them. CDC is a very political organization.

Never be the first one to take these shots. The flu shots of a few years back killed more people, or bad side effects than H1N1 ever could .

we have immunities to most of these things. Mexico, not so much... if that was even H1NI..

again, look who got the contracts for the vaccine. Follow the money. Then you will get some idea why they want medical and economic control of healthcare. No this isn't theroy. search it. You will only believe it if you see it yourself.

Respectfully, I am trying to tell you this is not what they say it is. am asking for your own knowledge to look this stuff up. It will freak you out, and like H1N1, it is right there on the appropriate agencies sites. Plain view.

To us, it was like it was a drill. We do them all the time,, and the H1N1 was just like the others.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:12 AM   #818
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
But all those kids get the Government medical care, and that guy who got beat up will be ok because he can get Government medical care.

At least that's what you said earlier. So which is it? Can Government do it for us, or not?
They can it for kids, they do it for people like the Boston guy, and they can do something so that there is no more pre-existing conditions, etc, but they CANT take over and run the system I cannot stress this enough. What they are doing is Nationalizing 1/7th of the national economy. They are trying to give themselves power over all the banks. Wall street, they will curse them and such, but will make regulations with no teeth. Democrats get their money from wall street, not republicans.

1.7 trillion dollars, going 10 years, and they will save money? No.

PS Unions have spent the dues that is supposed to pay for members medical care. the money is not there. They are using it for "other purposes".. Politcal power? Yup

Did you see that the LA Conty employee have to pay a "fee" of 130 a motnh even if they are not in the Unions? Also, some union out there, is using dies to hire busses to go to AZ or a banks guys house to protest.

They are spending the mebers money that is supposed to be invested to pay for future medical car and pension. Not politics. The suing members won the case.

This is about power and control. Dont believe me if you want, but I have seen SEIU nurses meetings.. they HAVE to be there, or just pay the same fee. Unions dont run hospitals.

You could give everyone a tax credit, to offset the cost of insurance to people in need and still have money left over. This is only going to force everyone into the "public option. You cannot keep your own if you are happy with it. That is a false promise.

The single best thing they could do, is allow me, from FL , to buy insurance in ____ state, or better yet, the same pool congress gets. They have at last count some 450 different plans at all price levels. Competition lowers prices.

Last 2 paragraphs are Hillary's plan.(in basic) It would work, work very well. The unemployed or disbled etc, could use medicaid or , elderl, medicare. Sme stabliztions has to be done to Medicare.

Please, this int even political. This is about something I care about deeply. It's not my job, I care about my patients . This is not what they say it is. Congress, most of them, have no idea what is in the bill. It took us 20 lawyers just to understand it. You think Nancy does? Congressman don't write these bills ( most of them) staff does by direction... Chief of Staff?
Old 07-04-2010, 06:45 AM   #819
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
This, combined with your previous "the only reason for emergency back surgery is loss of bowel control" is causing my BS alarm to go into Defcon 5 mode. Testicular cancer definitely has a high rate of curability, but it is not 100%.

Exactly what kind of medically related profession are you in?

R.T.F.P

go back to Nixon days when they started keeping cancer statistic's. from aprox 100 % death to 100 % cure. Same thing moved from the top of one list to the other. We can debate this all day, but it wold be a waste of time. I KNOW .

Want to trade jobs for a day?
Old 07-04-2010, 06:54 AM   #820
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
This, combined with your previous "the only reason for emergency back surgery is loss of bowel control" is causing my BS alarm to go into Defcon 5 mode. Testicular cancer definitely has a high rate of curability, but it is not 100%.

Exactly what kind of medically related profession are you in?

R.T.F.P.

I said loss of bladder control, in relation to paralysis spine/back problems. I did not say the only . It is a medical emergency

A gunshot in the spine would be an emergency reason for backsurgery ( IE : Spine) Car accident, slips and falls, sports injury , anything involving the spine COULD also be an emergency . If someone puched someone in the face, you know how easy it is to break C-7? That could easily be an emergency. People have rear end car accidents, and walk around for weeks with fractured c-7 and not know it. A local ER will say" muscle strain" You could drop in a second with a fractured c-7.

As bad or Worse problem with leg paraysis and lost of bowel control due to a spinal cord injury. Again, that is a medical emergency

R.T.F.P Decon 5 alright
Old 07-04-2010, 07:18 AM   #821
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
That is just flat out wrong.

A family member of mine (mother of a cousin by marriage) recently discovered she had cancer upon returning from a vacation and was immediately admitted to the hospital. After all the tests had been administered to determine exactly what she had, it was found that the cancer was at an advanced stage and immediately began treatment. It's too early to tell, but it seems like she'll be okay.

And last year I attended a friend's BBQ where I started talking sports with someone. He told me he no longer plays any competitive sports because he had surgery. Then he told me the story: In February of last year he started getting headaches. Then he collapsed a short time later and was rushed to the hospital.

Tests determined that he had a brain tumour. Within days he was operated on and the tumour removed. He now has regular checkups, and he can't do anything that involves physical contact that might result in a head injury. But he said he's never felt better in his life and is functioning like he did before.

In both cases they paid a grand total of $0. And they will always pay that amount and not have to worry about being dropped because of pre-existing conditions.

I cannot stress this enough: are there issues with our health care? There most certainly are, but I dare anyone to find a country that has a perfect system. There are none.

BUT with that said, I would much rather have our system, warts and all, than the one south of the border.
"I cannot stress this enough: are there issues with our health care? There most certainly are, but I dare anyone to find a country that has a perfect system. There are none. "

Am I not saying the same thing? So we should trade what is for the most part a great system, warts and all, to another that will have more warts, and at a HUGE cost, and allow the Government to run it? Why? To me, that is trashing your car because you have a flat tire.

Is it that you guys pay zero? You pay for it, you pay for it in taxes. It is not free. We don't have a healthcare crisis, we have an insurance crisis. EASILY fixed . Ask Hillary.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:33 AM   #822
She's the One

Local Time: 01:52 AM
Quote:
Democrats get their money from wall street, not republicans.
Now I know you're making this shit up.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #823
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Quote:
Remember at the beginning that it was a Medical emergency. A National emergency. Total BS

They just burned I think it was 90 million doses. The Hospital were required to reprt ANY seasonal flu as possible H1N1 , even if the test was no. Then the combined the numbers of seasonal and H1N1, hospitializations and deaths. said so right on the bottom of their site.

We know flu season, we know what is coming etc, and it took abut 2 days to find this was totally bogus, and how "organzied it was to get people to take ths shots.

we have seen it before. We never take the shots. By the time anything gets out, we have been exposed to it months ahead.

They were going to suspend everyone who wouldn't take them. CDC is a very political organization.

Never be the first one to take these shots. The flu shots of a few years back killed more people, or bad side effects than H1N1 ever could .

we have immunities to most of these things. Mexico, not so much... if that was even H1NI..

again, look who got the contracts for the vaccine. Follow the money. Then you will get some idea why they want medical and economic control of healthcare. No this isn't theroy. search it. You will only believe it if you see it yourself.

Respectfully, I am trying to tell you this is not what they say it is. am asking for your own knowledge to look this stuff up. It will freak you out, and like H1N1, it is right there on the appropriate agencies sites. Plain view.

To us, it was like it was a drill. We do them all the time,, and the H1N1 was just like the others.
Obviously the epidemiologists are conspiring with the Democrats to control all of our lives with evidence-based medicine.

You come across as a complete crank, and I find it worrying that a bloc of hospital workers could avoid vaccination in that setting.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #824
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
R.T.F.P

go back to Nixon days when they started keeping cancer statistic's. from aprox 100 % death to 100 % cure. Same thing moved from the top of one list to the other. We can debate this all day, but it wold be a waste of time. I KNOW .

Want to trade jobs for a day?
Quote:
R.T.F.P.

I said loss of bladder control, in relation to paralysis spine/back problems. I did not say the only . It is a medical emergency

A gunshot in the spine would be an emergency reason for backsurgery ( IE : Spine) Car accident, slips and falls, sports injury , anything involving the spine COULD also be an emergency . If someone puched someone in the face, you know how easy it is to break C-7? That could easily be an emergency. People have rear end car accidents, and walk around for weeks with fractured c-7 and not know it. A local ER will say" muscle strain" You could drop in a second with a fractured c-7.

As bad or Worse problem with leg paraysis and lost of bowel control due to a spinal cord injury. Again, that is a medical emergency

R.T.F.P Decon 5 alright
sorry, this is not going to slide. do not tell someone THREE TIMES to "r.t.f.p." the subject of healthcare can be discussed civilly without resorting to rudeness.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #825
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What they are doing is Nationalizing 1/7th of the national economy. They are trying to give themselves power over all the banks. Wall street, they will curse them and such, but will make regulations with no teeth. Democrats get their money from wall street, not republicans.
This is just

I woke up this morning and saw that you posted close to 12 or so posts last night, every single one of them contained lies. You never post links or anything to back up your statistics, why? because they don't exist. You never answer the questions asked of you. And when you get called out you go on some conspiracty theory tangent.

You are not fooling one person in here. Not one single fucking person buys anything you say in here Sorry...