MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #781
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:03 AM
It's good enough for the kids, the victims, and our military, but I deserve a company that decides if I need treatment based on if they will make a profit!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #782
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:03 AM
I could show you other lists, and it would depend on who's list it is, where countries are .

The other problem with these is the fact that we have more People than the Uk, or Denmark . So to base it on $$ per person doesn't really relate.

We actually end up 37 on most of the lists .

Primary care is a HUGE part of the problem.It IS the problem for most people I have acknowledged that from the begining. The BIGGEST problem is dealing with Medicare and Medicaid, and the insurance companies is getting approval for procedures. It is no easier from the Government, than it is from Insurance companies. Their is a problem when a hospital or Drs office has more accountants than Nurses.

I have 5 people for every 50 patients who do nothing but deal with medicare and insurance Cpomapanies. It is a huge part of the cost.

Adding a HUGE new, multi layer Government "agency" is going to fix that? NO . They cant even run the VA.

The other problem is Medicare fraud is HUGE as it is now .

The republican running for FL Gov used to own HCA , and under his watch, his company stole 2.7 BIllion dollars from Medicare. Biggest fraud ( that they caught) in history.

So yes, there is a primary care issue, but it it easily solved. Look at what Kentucky does. a Dr visit will cost you 5.00 bucks. Tests are included. You see the same Dr etc etc

Look at the Clevland Clinic. Once again a working examle of how to fix that problem. Easily. You don't destroy the Heart depatment at a place like the Cleveland Clinic to get people accesses to a Prmary Care Dr .

Leaders of UK, Saudi's , Canada , you name it, go to the Cleveland Clinic for hearts or Sloan in New York for cancer. Why? Why don't they go to their own hospitials?

If you are in an accident, we have the best trauma centers in the world. we are top of that list as we are in heart, cancer, and every other speciality. You want those trauma centers to be your GP ?

If you have a business, and part of it is very good, and part is not working, you tear down the whole business to fix the part that is not working? No, that would be insane .

There are many, many good working examples of how to fix the problems. Bush didnt deal with it, and this guy has a whole different idea of what it all means, and it is not about medical care.

The best way to look at is that yes, many countries have much better access to GP's, but their speciality and ability to move from GP to a cancer Dr or diagnosis SUCKS . That's why they all come here.

so, it is lest costly, way less, to fix the GP problem, which is getting much worse by the day. We are running out of GP's.

This will never fly, so really, it is a moot point. We are too culturally different than UK or Denmark . people scream at McDonalds when their 1.00 hamburger takes 3 minutes they will howl when they can't get a Mamogram or other speciality care. In Canada it takes 9 to 18 months to get a specialty surgery. Most people would die of cancer in that period. That's why they come here.

again, I believe this is a moot point. I do agree that we have a GP problem. this already has made it worse.

This bill isn't about healthcare. I don't believe it will pass the Courts.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #783
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
that guy got beaten up walking home from a gay pride parade.

just sayin'.
Doesn't strike me as all that surprising, unfortunately .

Christ. What a horrible story. I wish I had the money on me at this time, I'd gladly donate something to help the guy out. If I get the funds to do so, I'll definitely chip something in. I really hope he gets better as soon as physically possible-I'm so sorry for him and his family and friends .

There are some seriously messed up people in this world. I don't get it.

Angela
Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #784
Acrobat

Local Time: 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Federal healthcare; your "Obamacare".

Evidence?

Evidence?

Evidence?

yes

Florida KidCare Elgibility I am not going to link every state for you . Every state has some version of this. Has for years .

Let me dig out her plan. She actually published it during the campaign

will provide.

One other question. If you feel that care stinks now, which is basically run by the Government, what makes you so sure they will get it right this time? Because of Obama? He will be long gone before it ever starts ( unless you count tanning beds)
Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #785
She's the One

Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
yes

So then the only reason you're bitching non-stop about this is the man who sponsored it? It would be okay if it weren't for him?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #786
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
So then the only reason you're bitching non-stop about this is the man who sponsored it? It would be okay if it weren't for him?
you didn't keep up with the thread about bono's back in eykiw if you're surprised by this guy
Old 07-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #787
She's the One

Quote:
Florida KidCare Elgibility I am not going to link every state for you . Every state has some version of this. Has for years .

So if Obama has sponsored this, you're be posting against it?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #788
She's the One

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
you didn't keep up with the thread about bono's back in eykiw if you're surprised by this guy

I looked at it recently. I'm about to give up. Maybe we'll get some ZC news from this.

If you know what I mean.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #789
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Primary care is a HUGE part of the problem.It IS the problem for most people I have acknowledged that from the begining. The BIGGEST problem is dealing with Medicare and Medicaid, and the insurance companies is getting approval for procedures. It is no easier from the Government, than it is from Insurance companies. Their is a problem when a hospital or Drs office has more accountants than Nurses.
Actually in some aspects Medicare is much quicker than other insurance companies and other aspects it's slower. I know when we had to apply certain devices or perform certain surgeries we could do so without written approval as long as it fit their guidelines. Other insurances would still require written confirmation and would often try and find an exception first in order to turn it down so that you would have to submit again.

Quote:
So yes, there is a primary care issue, but it it easily solved. Look at what Kentucky does. a Dr visit will cost you 5.00 bucks. Tests are included. You see the same Dr etc etc
And how do they keep their doors open?
Quote:
Look at the Clevland Clinic. Once again a working examle of how to fix that problem. Easily. You don't destroy the Heart depatment at a place like the Cleveland Clinic to get people accesses to a Prmary Care Dr .
Once again, do you have a link so that we can "look at the Clevland Clinic"? Their website doesn't exactly have spell out their business plan.
Quote:
Do you think the current system or all those Republican "alternatives" were about healthcare?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #790
She's the One

So many examples, all of which are government programs.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #791
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:

The other problem with these is the fact that we have more People than the Uk, or Denmark . So to base it on $$ per person doesn't really relate.
I don't understand the math. If the numbers are skewed by population then the United States should have a far lower dollar figure per person since we have more people, whereas the Netherlands should have a much higher number since their money is divided amongst fewer people. It's simple division.

Quote:
Look at the Clevland Clinic. Once again a working examle of how to fix that problem. Easily. You don't destroy the Heart depatment at a place like the Cleveland Clinic to get people accesses to a Primary Care Dr .
Why does Obama like Cleveland Clinic so much? Or is he lying about like their approach (and if so, why do they have his endorsement on their web page?)

Quote:
If you have a business, and part of it is very good, and part is not working, you tear down the whole business to fix the part that is not working? No, that would be insane .
Remind me again--what's the new government agency that was formed under this law? And how will it be taking over all the hospitals etc in the country?

Quote:
You keep making this ominous statement. What is it about then?
Old 07-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #792
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:03 AM
I just read the last ten pages, and Benji set an all-time record for unsubstantiated claims. It's going to be really difficult to measure what percentage of it is bullshit that he just made up. 40%? 80%? Hard to say.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #793
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

No, it's true.

Rahm made an announcement he's leaving(sorry that none of you or the rest of the world heard it), idealism is indeed the same as idealogue, the Club of Rome publishes their membership online and Bono is on it, the AARP is only 40% of what they were last year, there's a secret clinic that holds the key but the business plan is to remain unspoken, and clouds are made up of a combination of fairy dust and cocaine.

Truth.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #794
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
...and clouds are made up of a combination of fairy dust and cocaine.

Truth.
Well, that last bit actually is.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #795
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:03 PM
Quote:
This will never fly, so really, it is a moot point. We are too culturally different than UK or Denmark . people scream at McDonalds when their 1.00 hamburger takes 3 minutes they will howl when they can't get a Mamogram or other speciality care. In Canada it takes 9 to 18 months to get a specialty surgery. Most people would die of cancer in that period. That's why they come here.
Are you saying that most people with cancer die if they stay in Canada?