MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 53 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #781
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,694
Local Time: 02:03 AM
It's good enough for the kids, the victims, and our military, but I deserve a company that decides if I need treatment based on if they will make a profit!

__________________

__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #782
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 04:03 AM
I could show you other lists, and it would depend on who's list it is, where countries are .

The other problem with these is the fact that we have more People than the Uk, or Denmark . So to base it on $$ per person doesn't really relate.

We actually end up 37 on most of the lists .

Primary care is a HUGE part of the problem.It IS the problem for most people I have acknowledged that from the begining. The BIGGEST problem is dealing with Medicare and Medicaid, and the insurance companies is getting approval for procedures. It is no easier from the Government, than it is from Insurance companies. Their is a problem when a hospital or Drs office has more accountants than Nurses.

I have 5 people for every 50 patients who do nothing but deal with medicare and insurance Cpomapanies. It is a huge part of the cost.

Adding a HUGE new, multi layer Government "agency" is going to fix that? NO . They cant even run the VA.

The other problem is Medicare fraud is HUGE as it is now .

The republican running for FL Gov used to own HCA , and under his watch, his company stole 2.7 BIllion dollars from Medicare. Biggest fraud ( that they caught) in history.

So yes, there is a primary care issue, but it it easily solved. Look at what Kentucky does. a Dr visit will cost you 5.00 bucks. Tests are included. You see the same Dr etc etc

Look at the Clevland Clinic. Once again a working examle of how to fix that problem. Easily. You don't destroy the Heart depatment at a place like the Cleveland Clinic to get people accesses to a Prmary Care Dr .

Leaders of UK, Saudi's , Canada , you name it, go to the Cleveland Clinic for hearts or Sloan in New York for cancer. Why? Why don't they go to their own hospitials?

If you are in an accident, we have the best trauma centers in the world. we are top of that list as we are in heart, cancer, and every other speciality. You want those trauma centers to be your GP ?

If you have a business, and part of it is very good, and part is not working, you tear down the whole business to fix the part that is not working? No, that would be insane .

There are many, many good working examples of how to fix the problems. Bush didnt deal with it, and this guy has a whole different idea of what it all means, and it is not about medical care.

The best way to look at is that yes, many countries have much better access to GP's, but their speciality and ability to move from GP to a cancer Dr or diagnosis SUCKS . That's why they all come here.

so, it is lest costly, way less, to fix the GP problem, which is getting much worse by the day. We are running out of GP's.

This will never fly, so really, it is a moot point. We are too culturally different than UK or Denmark . people scream at McDonalds when their 1.00 hamburger takes 3 minutes they will howl when they can't get a Mamogram or other speciality care. In Canada it takes 9 to 18 months to get a specialty surgery. Most people would die of cancer in that period. That's why they come here.

again, I believe this is a moot point. I do agree that we have a GP problem. this already has made it worse.

This bill isn't about healthcare. I don't believe it will pass the Courts.
__________________

__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #783
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,271
Local Time: 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
that guy got beaten up walking home from a gay pride parade.

just sayin'.
Doesn't strike me as all that surprising, unfortunately .

Christ. What a horrible story. I wish I had the money on me at this time, I'd gladly donate something to help the guy out. If I get the funds to do so, I'll definitely chip something in. I really hope he gets better as soon as physically possible-I'm so sorry for him and his family and friends .

There are some seriously messed up people in this world. I don't get it.

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #784
Acrobat
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 459
Local Time: 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Federal healthcare; your "Obamacare".

Evidence?

Evidence?

Evidence?

yes

Florida KidCare Elgibility I am not going to link every state for you . Every state has some version of this. Has for years .

Let me dig out her plan. She actually published it during the campaign

will provide.

One other question. If you feel that care stinks now, which is basically run by the Government, what makes you so sure they will get it right this time? Because of Obama? He will be long gone before it ever starts ( unless you count tanning beds)
__________________
Benji2112 is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #785
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
yes

So then the only reason you're bitching non-stop about this is the man who sponsored it? It would be okay if it weren't for him?
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #786
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
So then the only reason you're bitching non-stop about this is the man who sponsored it? It would be okay if it weren't for him?
you didn't keep up with the thread about bono's back in eykiw if you're surprised by this guy
__________________
coolian2 is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #787
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Florida KidCare Elgibility I am not going to link every state for you . Every state has some version of this. Has for years .

So if Obama has sponsored this, you're be posting against it?
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #788
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
you didn't keep up with the thread about bono's back in eykiw if you're surprised by this guy

I looked at it recently. I'm about to give up. Maybe we'll get some ZC news from this.

If you know what I mean.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 01:06 PM   #789
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,694
Local Time: 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post

Primary care is a HUGE part of the problem.It IS the problem for most people I have acknowledged that from the begining. The BIGGEST problem is dealing with Medicare and Medicaid, and the insurance companies is getting approval for procedures. It is no easier from the Government, than it is from Insurance companies. Their is a problem when a hospital or Drs office has more accountants than Nurses.
Actually in some aspects Medicare is much quicker than other insurance companies and other aspects it's slower. I know when we had to apply certain devices or perform certain surgeries we could do so without written approval as long as it fit their guidelines. Other insurances would still require written confirmation and would often try and find an exception first in order to turn it down so that you would have to submit again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
So yes, there is a primary care issue, but it it easily solved. Look at what Kentucky does. a Dr visit will cost you 5.00 bucks. Tests are included. You see the same Dr etc etc
And how do they keep their doors open?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Look at the Clevland Clinic. Once again a working examle of how to fix that problem. Easily. You don't destroy the Heart depatment at a place like the Cleveland Clinic to get people accesses to a Prmary Care Dr .
Once again, do you have a link so that we can "look at the Clevland Clinic"? Their website doesn't exactly have spell out their business plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
This bill isn't about healthcare. I don't believe it will pass the Courts.
Do you think the current system or all those Republican "alternatives" were about healthcare?
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #790
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 12:03 AM
So many examples, all of which are government programs.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 02:35 PM   #791
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post

The other problem with these is the fact that we have more People than the Uk, or Denmark . So to base it on $$ per person doesn't really relate.
I don't understand the math. If the numbers are skewed by population then the United States should have a far lower dollar figure per person since we have more people, whereas the Netherlands should have a much higher number since their money is divided amongst fewer people. It's simple division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
Look at the Clevland Clinic. Once again a working examle of how to fix that problem. Easily. You don't destroy the Heart depatment at a place like the Cleveland Clinic to get people accesses to a Primary Care Dr .
Why does Obama like Cleveland Clinic so much? Or is he lying about like their approach (and if so, why do they have his endorsement on their web page?)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
If you have a business, and part of it is very good, and part is not working, you tear down the whole business to fix the part that is not working? No, that would be insane .
Remind me again--what's the new government agency that was formed under this law? And how will it be taking over all the hospitals etc in the country?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
This bill isn't about healthcare. I don't believe it will pass the Courts.
You keep making this ominous statement. What is it about then?
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #792
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,886
Local Time: 03:03 AM
I just read the last ten pages, and Benji set an all-time record for unsubstantiated claims. It's going to be really difficult to measure what percentage of it is bullshit that he just made up. 40%? 80%? Hard to say.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #793
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,694
Local Time: 02:03 AM
No, it's true.

Rahm made an announcement he's leaving(sorry that none of you or the rest of the world heard it), idealism is indeed the same as idealogue, the Club of Rome publishes their membership online and Bono is on it, the AARP is only 40% of what they were last year, there's a secret clinic that holds the key but the business plan is to remain unspoken, and clouds are made up of a combination of fairy dust and cocaine.

Truth.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 07-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #794
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Strong Badia
Posts: 3,430
Local Time: 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
...and clouds are made up of a combination of fairy dust and cocaine.

Truth.
Well, that last bit actually is.
__________________
nathan1977 is offline  
Old 07-01-2010, 08:15 PM   #795
ONE
love, blood, life
 
A_Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Wild West
Posts: 12,518
Local Time: 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji2112 View Post
This will never fly, so really, it is a moot point. We are too culturally different than UK or Denmark . people scream at McDonalds when their 1.00 hamburger takes 3 minutes they will howl when they can't get a Mamogram or other speciality care. In Canada it takes 9 to 18 months to get a specialty surgery. Most people would die of cancer in that period. That's why they come here.
Are you saying that most people with cancer die if they stay in Canada?
__________________

__________________
A_Wanderer is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Dog Lovers.... Part 3 U2Fanatic4ever Lemonade Stand 1019 05-19-2012 04:35 AM
Hell-th Insurance WARNING: LONG POST! BluRmGrl Zoo Confessionals 7 10-26-2006 10:04 PM
On (not) having health insurance wolfeden Zoo Confessionals 14 03-24-2004 12:15 PM
White House seeks control on health, safety Scarletwine Free Your Mind Archive 1 01-13-2004 05:54 PM
Bono today at the conference in Africa U2Kitten Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 9 01-15-2002 10:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com