MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 36 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #526
Refugee

Local Time: 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Now that we've joined the other Western welfare states in a death spiral to see who can reach insolvency first - why not just apply to join the European Union and completely put to rest this nagging idea that America was founded to be different. In fact, so different as to be exceptional.
Close the chapter on America being founded on the idea of liberty, not conformity and dependency. On individual rights not collectivism.

Let's just forget all that dusty nonsense, take up soccer, stop taking so many damn baths, cease going to church and rely on the U.N. from now on to keep the crazed dictators, world-dominating Communists and Atomic Ayatollahs at bay.

Pourquoi the hell pas?
Surely you jest.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #527
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:57 PM
i'm sure he's just joined in the running joke the thread is.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #528
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:57 PM
Quote:
Now that we've joined the other Western welfare states in a death spiral to see who can reach insolvency first - why not just apply to join the European Union and completely put to rest this nagging idea that America was founded to be different. In fact, so different as to be exceptional.
Close the chapter on America being founded on the idea of liberty, not conformity and dependency. On individual rights not collectivism.

Let's just forget all that dusty nonsense, take up soccer, stop taking so many damn baths, cease going to church and rely on the U.N. from now on to keep the crazed dictators, world-dominating Communists and Atomic Ayatollahs at bay.

Pourquoi the hell pas?

yes, because the Pilgrims wanted to leave The E.U. for religious freedom?

perhaps today they'd go back because they think that people have the individual right to health care regardless of their ability to pay.

fair point on the bathing thing, however.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:42 PM   #529
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:57 PM
Quote:
as to be exceptional.
Caring for the least of our brothers is exceptional in my eyes. Let's see, who taught me this?

Quote:
not conformity and dependency.
Coming from the man who used "status quo" as an argument before this made me laugh hysterically.

Quote:
On individual rights not collectivism.
Yet you love it when it supports your platform.

Plus you can't acknowledge that it exists now.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:22 AM   #530
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Caring for the least of our brothers is exceptional in my eyes. Let's see, who taught me this?

finally, we're restoring our nation to it's Christian origins and taking it back for Christ.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #531
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 AM   #532
Refugee

Quote:

Pourquoi the hell pas?
Since the reasonable side has won out and I am in a good mood, I have a friendly deal to offer you as opposed to a long post

In exchange for me leaving you alone forever, could you admit just this one time that the Health care reform bill signed by the President is factually nothing at all like you describe about European welfare systems?

It covers everyone like every other liberal democratic and yes capitalist country, but it goes about it in a different way. Through incentives and expansion of the existing private based system.

If you don't want to admit it in public, admit it just to me so I can verify my assumption that behind both of our usernames exists 2 good, fair minded reasonable people. An assumption that I still make of you, despite past heated discussions!

P.S.- I agree with Irvine on the bathing part!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:14 AM   #533
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Life and car insurance are luxuries... like I said, no comparison.
Not in Florida. You are required by law to have car insurance. I think some other states have that policy as well.
I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest. Dealing person to person after an accident? No thanks. Just call your guys, I'll call my guys and we'll let the cops decide who is at fault.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #534
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
Not in Florida. You are required by law to have car insurance. I think some other states have that policy as well.
I wouldn't have it any other way to be honest. Dealing person to person after an accident? No thanks. Just call your guys, I'll call my guys and we'll let the cops decide who is at fault.
I think most states have this mandate...

but you don't have to have a car, that was my point.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:41 AM   #535
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Oh.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #536
Rock n' Roll Doggie

regardless of what anyone says how can we legitimately have faith in a big government program and have it looming towards bankruptcy?
We have two big examples that effect everyone in our country. If the government could manage any big social program I would have much less of a problem with this.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #537
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:57 AM
LOL!

"Some of my libertarian friends balk at what looks like an individual mandate. But remember, someone has to pay for the health care that must, by law, be provided: Either the individual pays or the taxpayers pay. A free ride on government is not libertarian."
Flashback of the Day -- Political Wire
Old 03-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #538
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2387 View Post
Since the reasonable side has won out and I am in a good mood, I have a friendly deal to offer you as opposed to a long post

In exchange for me leaving you alone forever, could you admit just this one time that the Health care reform bill signed by the President is factually nothing at all like you describe about European welfare systems?

It covers everyone like every other liberal democratic and yes capitalist country, but it goes about it in a different way. Through incentives and expansion of the existing private based system.

If you don't want to admit it in public, admit it just to me so I can verify my assumption that behind both of our usernames exists 2 good, fair minded reasonable people. An assumption that I still make of you, despite past heated discussions!
Oh, I'll admit that in public. The bill signed into law by the president does not make government the single payer for all health care. Nor does the bill make all providers government employees as you'd find in England.

Now will you admit that the only reason we have EuropeanCare Lite is that you didn't have enough votes in congress for the real thing. And will you admit that the 60 members of the Progressive Caucus in the House (including Dennis Kucinich) that pledged in a letter that they would not support a bill without a "robust public option," were persuaded to do just that with the understanding this bill is but a "foot in the door." A point repeated by liberals all this week on TV and even here in FYM.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #539
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
Unconstitutional! Why hasn't any body sued over this yet?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #540
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Oh, I'll admit that in public. The bill signed into law by the president does not make government the single payer for all health care. Nor does the bill make all providers government employees as you'd find in England.

Now will you admit that the only reason we have EuropeanCare Lite is that you didn't have enough votes in congress for the real thing. And will you admit that the 60 members of the Progressive Caucus in the House (including Dennis Kucinich) that pledged in a letter that they would not support a bill without a "robust public option," were persuaded to do just that with the understanding this bill is but a "foot in the door." A point repeated by liberals all this week on TV and even here in FYM.

i, for one, am eager for single-payer health care. and, yes, i hope this is a foot in the door.

but i also think that's wishful thinking on the part of many on the Left, and i think Obama split the difference here -- he gave hope to the liberals while pushing a bill that can be supported by even moderate-to-conservative Dems, and were the GOP leadership different and not held over a barrel by the Teabaggers/Palin-ites, many of them could have voted for it to. it is, above all, quite a moderate bill. sweeping and ambitious, yes, but in no way radical or revolutionary.