MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 34 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #496
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan269 View Post
but that is who will be in charge of it now, the same governement who got us into an unnecessary war, the same government who has me contributing thousands of dollars every year into bankrupt programs, the same government who seem to can't agree on how to handle terror, the same government who turned down my grandmother with alheimzers and now they are asking me to have faith again? you are a better man than me sir, truly.
By that logic we should support anarchy since seemingly government is unable to do anything right at all.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #497
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
By that logic we should support anarchy since seemingly government is unable to do anything right at all.
I am in favor of government oversite, not government run. I just named the biggest programs and now I am a libertarian, let not get that crazy.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:45 PM   #498
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I was going to tell this is no big f*cking deal,
but I would have been wrong.

Apparently, it is.
hey i could be wrong maybe it is no big deal.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #499
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:49 PM
Quote:
hey i could be wrong maybe it is no big deal.
I think he was more referencing Joe Biden's comment to the President.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #500
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 PM
Quote:
I am in favor of government oversite, not government run.
I am now sure how you can have such extensive and intrusive oversight of private bodies without encroaching on their legal rights as separate legal entities.

It would strike me that this would be a far more frightening extension of the government for most people who are not very left on the spectrum.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #501
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I am now sure how you can have such extensive and intrusive oversight of private bodies without encroaching on their legal rights as separate legal entities.

It would strike me that this would be a far more frightening extension of the government for most people who are not very left on the spectrum.
Make better laws to regulate, not overtake with mandatory demands. Fine the insurance companies, not the businesses and people who need and have insurance.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:51 PM   #502
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
I think he was more referencing Joe Biden's comment to the President.
just heard the comment from captain obvious himself.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:32 PM   #503
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:49 PM
Quote:
according to whom? should the govt decide what is worthy of covering? the same govt that wanted to go to war with iraq? no thanks
So you trust the collective of profit only insurance companies more?

Quote:
nope i have insurance but if i didn't, it would be my responsibility to pay for stuff if it happened to me, for better or worse.
And the liklihood of you being to afford the bill after a major accident or suddenly needing long term care is almost nil, so you would just be a drain.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #504
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
So you trust the collective of profit only insurance companies more?

No but they did help out my family. They def. need more oversite. Should the government take over life insurance, homeowners , and car insurance next? As I said, almost every big social program the government has created is looming on bankruptcy, what happens when health care becomes bankrupt? but hey i could be wrong.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #505
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

And the liklihood of you being to afford the bill after a major accident or suddenly needing long term care is almost nil, so you would just be a drain.
A drain on whom? I would have long term disablility insurance.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #506
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
No but they did help out my family. They def. need more oversite. Should the government take over life insurance, homeowners , and car insurance next? As I said, almost every big social program the government has created is looming on bankruptcy, what happens when health care becomes bankrupt? but hey i could be wrong.
I'm glad they helped your family, but you're the minority. More times than not if medicare won't touch it most insurances definately won't touch it. You don't seem to get it. You will always have some entity deciding if you get treatment or not, there is NO way around that. So now with this bill you'll have a choice between those that are there purely for profit, or a public organization...

Please do not compare my life with a car. Bad leap in logic.

Quote:
A drain on whom? I would have long term disablility insurance.
Drain on me. And no, more than likely in this scenario you wouldn't have disability insurance.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:51 PM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
I'm glad they helped your family, but you're the minority. More times than not if medicare won't touch it most insurances definately won't touch it. You don't seem to get it. You will always have some entity deciding if you get treatment or not, there is NO way around that. So now with this bill you'll have a choice between those that are there purely for profit, or a public organization...

Please do not compare my life with a car. Bad leap in logic.

Drain on me. And no, more than likely in this scenario you wouldn't have disability insurance.
not trying to campare your life just insurance. i just got going on different kinds of insurance...how about just life insurance then? of course i get it, I just don't trust the government to do it when big government programs seem to be headed for bankruptcy...that is a proven fact and you must concede that. You can't tell me you aren't worried that the govt handling something so large doesn't bother you in the least. businesses can't compete with the govt because if a business is run poorly, it goes out of business. (never thought i would write that word so many times) i would love for you to name a company that is almost 12 trillion in debt and continues to be in business. also, my long term disabliltiy is much cheaper than my health insurance.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #508
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
not trying to campare your life just insurance. i just got going on different kinds of insurance...how about just life insurance then?
Life and car insurance are luxuries... like I said, no comparison.

Quote:
of course i get it, I just don't trust the government to do it when big government programs seem to be headed for bankruptcy...that is a proven fact and you must concede that. You can't tell me you aren't worried that the govt handling something so large doesn't bother you in the least. businesses can't compete with the govt because if a business is run poorly, it goes out of business. (never thought i would write that word so many times) i would love for you to name a company that is almost 12 trillion in debt and continues to be in business.
Then why not privatize the military, NASA, or our highway construction...

Quote:
also, my long term disabliltiy is much cheaper than my health insurance.
You're not following, the person in the scenario had NO insurance.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #509
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Life and car insurance are luxuries... like I said, no comparison.

Then why not privatize the military, NASA, or our highway construction...

ok see your point, well what if anything goes wrong in the private sector should the govt take over? Should the govt take over the airlines?

I think private roads are fine, most turnpikes that I pay tolls for are in much better shape that interstates. on Govt roads have you ever seen how long construction takes?

the Military is not bankrupt but the spending for it by the govt has been mostly unjustified. (I might have been in favor of afghan 10 years ago but i don't know)

as far as nasa, i know i spend much more money on medicare and SS during the course of the year. i have never heard anyone say, that NASA is killing our economy.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #510
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
ok see your point, well what if anything goes wrong in the private sector should the govt take over? Should the govt take over the airlines?
You tell me, if flights ended next month where do you see our economy going?

Quote:
I think private roads are fine, most turnpikes that I pay tolls for are in much better shape that interstates. on Govt roads have you ever seen how long construction takes?
Come on now, try and look at the big picture. Do you realize how many roads wouldn't exist if it were all privatived?

Quote:
as far as nasa, i know i spend much more money on medicare and SS during the course of the year. i have never heard anyone say, that NASA is killing our economy.
So wait, government did something right? I thought everything they did went bancrupt or wasn't worth your money? Herein lies one of the big problems: when you weigh how much the U.S. has spent on NASA with what we've really gotten from it, and then weigh it up against the money needed to save human lives people would probably re-think things.