MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #481
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=BVS;6703240]
my quotes wouldn't appear in maine people could jump in and out of the state run insurance at any time without having mandatory coverage.
QUOTE]

Old 03-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #482
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You quoted like 3 different ideas
which ones

social security in current form was a bad idea

tax cuts were a bad idea

war in iraq was a bad idea

big government health care program bad idea

we can't afford all of them

Old 03-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #483
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
You don't want coverage because you're independently wealthy and can afford a major surgery if something happens to you today?

This doesn't make any sense.

And I've worked in public hospital administration for years and I can tell you it's not always much better. And the public insurance companies aren't efficient at all. I work in a hospital that is 60% covered. Last year we only had 38% of procedures reimbursed. And Medicare paid out much more than public insurance companies, so a lot of what they are telling you, lies.
what i meant was, one should only be fined if they try to get the health coverage after getting sick and going into the hospital.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
You quoted like 3 different ideas

meant tax cuts sorry
Old 03-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #485
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:22 AM
want to know how it will affect you?

What does the health care bill mean to me? (washingtonpost.com)

here's what it said for me:

Quote:
Beginning in 2014, you will have the option to buy health insurance in the new exchange but will not get any subsidies to help with premiums or out-of-pocket expenses.

You will not pay any additional taxes.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #486
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
want to know how it will affect you?

What does the health care bill mean to me? (washingtonpost.com)

here's what it said for me:
you won't have to pay additional taxes, but your taxes will go up espec in the state you live in.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:58 PM   #487
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan269 View Post
medicare still does though turn down people like my grandmother who has alheimzers but thank god some of her treatments were picked up by cigna. my stepdad was telling the truth though, he could have lied to me but whom to do you mean lied to me.
Of course Medicare will still turn down, not everything is treatable or worthy of covering.

Quote:
in maine people could jump in and out of the state run insurance at any time without having mandatory coverage.
This will soon change. You can't expect to pay in for a month get everything fixed and then get out.

Quote:
what i meant was, one should only be fined if they try to get the health coverage after getting sick and going into the hospital.
So basically you want to be a betting man and hope you never get sick? Don't fine me until I get sick.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #488
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Of course Medicare will still turn down, not everything is treatable or worthy of covering.
according to whom? should the govt decide what is worthy of covering? the same govt that wanted to go to war with iraq? no thanks

like all big govt entitlement programs, this will also go bankrupt in time aka SS and medicare.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:10 PM   #489
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

So basically you want to be a betting man and hope you never get sick? Don't fine me until I get sick.
nope i have insurance but if i didn't, it would be my responsibility to pay for stuff if it happened to me, for better or worse.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #490
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:22 PM
Quote:
according to whom? should the govt decide what is worthy of covering?
Well, someone has to decide. And I think it's better if some public organisation (one whose main goal isn't to profit from health care premiums) does it than the insurance organisation themselves. Because then coverage would be even less (and/or premiums much higher).

The system might not be perfect, but nothing is. And it's better than no system at all. At least now there's hope that other parties will also try to improve it, instead of sandbagging anything that makes people better off.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 PM   #491
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
Well, someone has to decide. And I think it's better if some public organisation (one whose main goal isn't to profit from health care premiums) does it than the insurance organisation themselves. Because then coverage would be even less (and/or premiums much higher).

The system might not be perfect, but nothing is. And it's better than no system at all. At least now there's hope that other parties will also try to improve it, instead of sandbagging anything that makes people better off.
I wish i had the faith in government like you do. the government just hasn't proven to me that they can do a good job with big social programs. but maybe this will work...who really knows.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:27 PM   #492
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:22 PM
It's not about faith in government, it's about lack of faith in (private) insurance companies.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:33 PM   #493
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
It's not about faith in government, it's about lack of faith in (private) insurance companies.

but that is who will be in charge of it now, the same governement who got us into an unnecessary war, the same government who has me contributing thousands of dollars every year into bankrupt programs, the same government who seem to can't agree on how to handle terror, the same government who turned down my grandmother with alheimzers and now they are asking me to have faith again? you are a better man than me sir, truly.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:21 PM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:22 AM
I was going to tell you this is no big f*cking deal,
but I would have been wrong.

Apparently, it is.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #495
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:22 AM
it's the completion of the creation of the modern welfare state that began with LBJ, and is the hallmark of any advanced nation. we've lagged behind for too long, at last we are caught up. in many ways, this is the essence of political liberalism -- that the government has an obligation to look out for it's citizens, that this is the essence of civilization. we have medicaid/medicare, social security, some measure of welfare, the civil rights act, and now near-universal health care.

the argument is largely over. and the liberals have won. and for all the carping, these projects are tremendously popular. is anyone going to say that these things are mistakes? that we want our elderly dying in poverty unable to afford medication or to have segregated lunch counters? most of us have left behind the conservative dream of a backwards and brutal society where the elderly die in poverty without health care and African-Americans eat at separate lunch counters.

the liberals won. sure, regarding black people as political equals cost them the South from 1968-2008 (or longer), and health care may well kill the Dems in November.

but, really, is anyone going to actually argue for white supremacy and mass poverty?

Mr. Biden is right. it's a big fucking deal.