MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #436
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
You honestly believe that life is just an "entitlement program"?

No system will ever be perfect, but when you see as many people die as I have for the sole reason that they couldn't afford the simplest treatment that you and I could take for granted it's hard to be that cold.
as i mentioned my grandmother getting rejected from medicare so I have been there. i don't believe life is an entitlement program but people want one so i am in the minority.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #437
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
so when does the new Trabant line start shipping out to the US?????

think the bill was a good first step. costs are always going to be a problem, but to sit around and do nothing just didn't seem right.
i agree that doing nothing is a bad option, however try things that don't cost the US any money. Hasn't the govt taken enough of our money for wars and bankrupt social tools?

Old 03-22-2010, 02:34 PM   #438
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
"profit" and "job," two outdated concepts that you may after explain to your children in a post-Obama America.
For sure.

I live in Soviet Canuckistan and this corporate lawyering thing is neither a job nor profitable, so I can tell your children all about the dire state of affairs.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:07 PM   #439
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
"profit" and "job," two outdated concepts that you may after explain to your children in a post-Obama America.
This is why it's hard to take your side seriously... "Logic" and "humankind" two outdated concepts that I and others will have to teach the children of the Tea Partiers.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:22 PM   #440
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan269 View Post
i agree that doing nothing is a bad option, however try things that don't cost the US any money. Hasn't the govt taken enough of our money for wars and bankrupt social tools?
Ok, then i recommend people start working for free.

There is no easy solution, and while i do agree we need to find ways to do stuff without sending costs through the roof....it's just not going to happen.

Someone will always want to make a profit. In this case Insurance companies want that money still, and while this bill does give more americans coverage, it still puts way too much money into the hands of Ins.

I think the initial thought of this bill was to help reduce costs, but in the end the dems backed down.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:40 PM   #441
Blue Crack Supplier

what's also pretty fucking brilliant is that Obamacare is just about the same as Romneycare in Massachusetts.

seeing that Mittens is, at this juncture, the presumptive GOP nominee, he'll now be forced to literally run against his own record.

there's that Obama judo for you again.

as ever, it's chess, not checkers.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #442
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:54 AM
so people who voted for change - Obama

just got a Romney that can shoot hoops ?
Old 03-22-2010, 04:05 PM   #443
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I found this amusing. A Ticket for Rush It's a website raising money to buy Rush Limbaugh a one way first class ticket to Costa Rica. If he doesn't take it, the money will be donated to Planned Parenthood.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #444
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
so people who voted for change - Obama

just got a Romney that can shoot hoops ?

and was an advocate for gay rights ... in Massachusetts, at least.

remember, Romney is whatever you want him to be.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #445
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
I found this amusing. A Ticket for Rush It's a website raising money to buy Rush Limbaugh a one way first class ticket to Costa Rica. If he doesn't take it, the money will be donated to Planned Parenthood.
lol. That's funny.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and was an advocate for gay rights ... in Massachusetts, at least.

remember, Romney is whatever you want him to be.
I was thinking about that, too.

DADT was supposed to be repealed by now.

Obama was many things to many different people.

Obama and Romney are more similar that you may want to admit.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #447
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I was thinking about that, too.

DADT was supposed to be repealed by now.

Obama was many things to many different people.

Obama and Romney are more similar that you may want to admit.

in that both men are politicians, yes.

and, yes, Obama is well aware that many people look at him and see what they want to see. i think that's a distinction to be made in comparison to the oleaginous Romney.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:00 PM   #448
Blue Crack Addict

Randy Neugebauer (R-Tex.) identified himself as the member of Congress who shouted "baby killer" during Rep. Bart Stupak's (D-Mich.) speech on the floor of the House of Representatives Sunday night.

Neugebauer, a three-term member of Congress from Texas, issued a statement of apology on Monday, saying that the statement was not directed at Stupak.

"In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase 'it's a baby killer' in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership," Neugebauer said. "I deeply regret that my actions were mistakenly interpreted as a direct reference to Congressman Stupak himself.

Here is the Texas Republican's statement of apology:

"Last night was the climax of weeks and months of debate on a health care bill that my constituents fear and do not support. In the heat and emotion of the debate, I exclaimed the phrase 'it's a baby killer' in reference to the agreement reached by the Democratic leadership. While I remain heartbroken over the passage of this bill and the tragic consequences it will have for the unborn, I deeply regret that my actions were mistakenly interpreted as a direct reference to Congressman Stupak himself.

"I have apologized to Mr. Stupak and also apologize to my colleagues for the manner in which I expressed my disappointment about the bill. The House Chamber is a place of decorum and respect. The timing and tone of my comment last night was inappropriate."

House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) acknowledged Neugebauer's mea culpa on Monday, but suggested that the Texas Republican needed to apologize to the full House.

"He needs to go to the well," Clyburn said, according to Roll Call. "He disrupted the decorum of the House of Representatives."

Neugebauer's outburst came at the end of an intense day of debate and voting on the health care reform bill. Stupak, an anti-abortion Democrat who struck a deal with the White House in exchange for a "yes" vote on the bill, had taken to the floor of the House to deliver a speech opposing a Republican amendment that would have reintroduced stricter abortion financing language in the bill -- language that Stupak, himself, previously introduced.

It was during Stupak's remarks that the shout, "baby killer" was heard in the chamber. The shouter was not immediately identified, but reporters and members of Congress confirmed that it came from the Republican side of the House.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #449
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:54 AM
how does the bill kill babies anyway?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:11 PM   #450
Blue Crack Addict

Federal funding for abortion that allegedly could happen with this bill-but Obama has agreed to sign an executive order that is supposed to prevent that. That's how the Democrats got Stupak and the other pro life Democrats to vote for the bill yesterday. The Republicans say that an executive order is meaningless in the face of this bill that becomes law-and maybe some of the Democrats who voted no felt that way too.