MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 29 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 AM   #421
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
the bush years?
yep wasn't happy about that. i protested the war in washington over a weekend several years ago. my wifes cousin died for nothing in faluja iraq so we were motivated to go. as a result over the spending for the war we voted for obama. mistake obviously, mccain is no better, but a mistake never the less.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:14 AM   #422
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan269 View Post
Calm down....did you read my first sentence....IF I DIDN"T FEEL LIKE A SERVANT ALREADY>>>> learn to read, i didn't want the war either.... i resent being called a cherry picker and i don't feel as though I deserved that.
I didn't see where you were angry about the war in your first statement, so I can't really be held accountable for that, but I'll apologize anyway.
From what I've read over the past day or so, this plan should pay for itself in the long run and create more jobs within the insurance industry. It's just hard to see those benefits with near-sighted glasses.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #423
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

On a side note, I think the majority of this bill is gonna be scratched out within the next year or so anyway. Lord knows the Republicans can't let the Democrats have their way for too long and the Democrats are always more than happy to roll over and play dead to appease them.
I honestly believe civil war is approaching and have thought so long before this debate.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #424
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Edge View Post
I didn't see where you were angry about the war in your first statement, so I can't really be held accountable for that, but I'll apologize anyway.
From what I've read over the past day or so, this plan should pay for itself in the long run and create more jobs within the insurance industry. It's just hard to see those benefits with near-sighted glasses.

my statement was, if i didn't feel like an indebutured servent already, in reference to the war spending i should have been more specific. the only problems with more jobs in the insurance industry is that they are government jobs. my father is a hospital administrator for the veterens administration so he knows how government health care runs, don't i have much hope for effiencey or quality.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 AM   #425
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
On a side note, I think the majority of this bill is gonna be scratched out within the next year or so anyway. Lord knows the Republicans can't let the Democrats have their way for too long and the Democrats are always more than happy to roll over and play dead to appease them.
I honestly believe civil war is approaching and have thought so long before this debate.
Agreed, the only real hope is to have a legitimate centerist party run by the people, not lobbyists or companys
Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #426
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
the only problems with more jobs in the insurance industry is that they are government jobs.
Government didn't seize insurance companies. There wasn't even a public option offered. They simply mandated that people must have insurance or pay the fines. It's implied in the bill that the cost of insurance will reduce significantly now that people won't be dropped as easily and people can buy their own health insurance at their terms. It would be in your (general your) benefit to buy into a health insurance policy. Someone's gotta sell the policy, so jobs will be created.
At least that's what I got from the bill. I started studying it at like 9:30 pm last night.

Quote:
Agreed, the only real hope is to have a legitimate centerist party run by the people, not lobbyists or companys
This will never happen. People aren't smart enough and the other two parties squash anyone who tries to get in on their game. Maybe if civil war does happen...

And when I say civil war I don't mean bang bang, shoot shoot. More like a legal fiasco and cessation of certain states that are dominated by one party, followed by a mass exodus of people who are on the other side of the argument to another state and so on and so forth. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a European Union type thing going on where each state can do what they please. I don't know.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #427
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
McCain, who is in a tough Republican primary fight in his home state, said the GOP "will challenge it every place we can," and said there will be reprisals at the polls, in Congress and in the courts.

i think the right will have moved on to the next outrage by next week. i suppose there are some upsides to the microsecond attention span.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #428
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Government didn't seize insurance companies. There wasn't even a public option offered. They simply mandated that people must have insurance or pay the fines. It's implied in the bill that the cost of insurance will reduce significantly now that people won't be dropped as easily and people can buy their own health insurance at their terms. It would be in your (general your) benefit to buy into a health insurance policy. Someone's gotta sell the policy, so jobs will be created.
At least that's what I got from the bill. I started studying it at like 9:30 pm last night.

This will never happen. People aren't smart enough and the other two parties squash anyone who tries to get in on their game. Maybe if civil war does happen...

And when I say civil war I don't mean bang bang, shoot shoot. More like a legal fiasco and cessation of certain states that are dominated by one party, followed by a mass exodus of people who are on the other side of the argument to another state and so on and so forth. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a European Union type thing going on where each state can do what they please. I don't know.
i know you didn't mean violence
Old 03-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #429
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Most of what I know about the health care bill is how it will affect employers, since that's my job. Things are going to get .... interesting, to say the least. Employers who have been doing the right thing by offering low-cost, good benefits to even part-time employees are still going to get dinged with the changes.

On the other hand, while I don't think this bill is the greatest thing since sliced bread, I do think it is a step in the right direction, and I will do my best to remain hopeful.

All that being said, I need to put this thread on ignore for my own sanity. Have fun debatin'!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:01 PM   #430
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:10 PM
i doubt the united states could handle a party as left leaning and liberal as a real centrist party.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #431
Rock n' Roll Doggie

^ what i mean by centerist party is one that is not liberal or conservative, but looks at each situation on its own merits, which is something that our country does not do.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:23 PM   #432
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
my state is bankrupt do to entitlement programs and so is uncle sam. i guess being fiscally irresponsible is the right thing to do. time to up my credit card limit and go to town, then others can pick up for my irresponsible spending...life is great, no accountablily for anyone at anytime.
You honestly believe that life is just an "entitlement program"?

No system will ever be perfect, but when you see as many people die as I have for the sole reason that they couldn't afford the simplest treatment that you and I could take for granted it's hard to be that cold.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:48 PM   #433
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
i doubt the united states could handle a party as left leaning and liberal as a real centrist party.

it depends. will there be a Jay-Z song on the radio?
Old 03-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #434
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
She got turned down for what kind of treatment? After a certain point there really is no treatment for alzheimer's.

Today I am proud, for maybe my children will grow up in a country where profits won't decide if someone lives or dies, and their friends' health won't be determined by what kind of job their friends' parents have.
"profit" and "job," two outdated concepts that you may after explain to your children in a post-Obama America.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #435
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:10 AM
so when does the new Trabant line start shipping out to the US?????

think the bill was a good first step. costs are always going to be a problem, but to sit around and do nothing just didn't seem right.