MANDATORY health insurance, part 2 - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #256
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,090
Local Time: 02:24 AM
Well everyone. I have maybe the best reason to pass Health Care Reform. Rush Limbaugh has threatened to leave the US for Costa Rica should HCR pass. Now, get on the phone with your congresspeople and senators. We CAN make this happen.

PS. I'm sorry to the people of Costa Rica. Maybe Obama can sweeten the deal by offering one of the twilight kids or something.

PPS. Costa Rica offers universal health care.
__________________

__________________
trojanchick99 is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #257
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 04:24 AM
Better physical health and mental health for the country, it's a win win.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 07:21 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,886
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
Well everyone. I have maybe the best reason to pass Health Care Reform. Rush Limbaugh has threatened to leave the US for Costa Rica should HCR pass. Now, get on the phone with your congresspeople and senators. We CAN make this happen.

PS. I'm sorry to the people of Costa Rica. Maybe Obama can sweeten the deal by offering one of the twilight kids or something.

PPS. Costa Rica offers universal health care.
I love that. It's just like those conservatives saying they'd move to Canada if Obama won. They're more liberal there.
__________________
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #259
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:24 AM
So does anyone want to predict???

Will ObamaCare pass??


My wager, is yes.


I don't even know what good if any it will accomplish. But, I do believe killing it, as the GOP wants to do, is the worst thing that can happen.

All the talk about let's start over is total and complete bull shit. They know that a do over would go nowhere.

So again, even if this bill is not that good, I hope it passes.
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #260
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,886
Local Time: 05:24 AM
I say it passes.
__________________
Bluer White is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #261
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post

So again, even if this bill is not that good, I hope it passes.
I'd watch C-SPAN all day just to hear that speech.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #262
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 04:24 AM
Quote:
Health Care Nullification Legislation (# of states)

– Introduced. (19)
– Passed one or more houses. (3)
– Passed both houses. (4)
– Passed as Law. (0)
– Failed Vote or Stalled in Committee (4)
A number of racist states are considering legislation to effectively nullify any future national health care plan.
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:24 AM
Who did those stats ?

home schooled?

Quote:
– Passed one or more houses. (3)
– Passed both houses. (4)
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #264
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,685
Local Time: 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
A number of racist states are considering legislation to effectively nullify any future national health care plan.
So witty are we...
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 09:37 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
Who did those stats ?

home schooled?
Is one of the states tricameral?
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 03-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #266
Blue Crack Addict
 
deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: A far distance down.
Posts: 28,501
Local Time: 02:24 AM

Quote:
Obama was pivoting from a promise to strengthen Medicare to a call for Congress to vote when a woman shouted from the audience at his rally, "We need courage!"

The crowd cheered, and Obama paused in his prepared remarks to repeat the phrase.

"We need courage," he said. "Did you hear what somebody just said? That's what we need. That's why I came here today. We need courage."

More applause
__________________
deep is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:01 AM   #267
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 05:24 AM
My daughter was walking to school today, fell, and broke her ankle in two places. Took her to an urgent care clinic this evening. Registered, saw a nurse, had x-rays done, was diagnosed, they put her in a half cast for the night, and we were out of there in 2 hours. All free, except for the $27 I'm going to be billed for crutches, because we didn't have any (I actually could have borrowed a pair from someone, but it was late, and we just wanted to go home). In the morning at 9 am, she has an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. He'll decide if she needs surgery (the doctor this evening thought this is unlikely), but most likely he'll just reset it and put a full cast on it. Either way, that'll be free, too.

I love being Canadian. I wish you US citizens could be as fortunate with regard to health care as we are. It's something that didn't even cross my mind this evening, till I read this thread.
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 04:01 AM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 04:24 AM


Are they back to shooting pictures of the president in Messiahscope?
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #269
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
My daughter was walking to school today, fell, and broke her ankle in two places. Took her to an urgent care clinic this evening. Registered, saw a nurse, had x-rays done, was diagnosed, they put her in a half cast for the night, and we were out of there in 2 hours. All free, except for the $27 I'm going to be billed for crutches, because we didn't have any (I actually could have borrowed a pair from someone, but it was late, and we just wanted to go home). In the morning at 9 am, she has an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. He'll decide if she needs surgery (the doctor this evening thought this is unlikely), but most likely he'll just reset it and put a full cast on it. Either way, that'll be free, too.

I love being Canadian. I wish you US citizens could be as fortunate with regard to health care as we are. It's something that didn't even cross my mind this evening, till I read this thread.
This can't be true. We all know you Canadians have to sit on waiting lists for months for any kind of treatment. I bet you came across the border and got your daughter treated in the US. Don't try to fool us, missy!





(I hope your daughter doesn't require surgery and heals quickly.)
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #270
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 24,984
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Even Sarah Palin recently admitted that she has traveled to Canada from Alaska for health care. She lived in some small town, even smaller than Wasilla. I can't remember how old she was at the time, if it was when she was a kid or teenager. So maybe her parents just forced her against her will.

Socialist
__________________

__________________
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Dog Lovers.... Part 3 U2Fanatic4ever Lemonade Stand 1019 05-19-2012 04:35 AM
Hell-th Insurance WARNING: LONG POST! BluRmGrl Zoo Confessionals 7 10-26-2006 10:04 PM
On (not) having health insurance wolfeden Zoo Confessionals 14 03-24-2004 12:15 PM
White House seeks control on health, safety Scarletwine Free Your Mind Archive 1 01-13-2004 05:54 PM
Bono today at the conference in Africa U2Kitten Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive 9 01-15-2002 10:29 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com