MANDATORY health insurance - Page 46 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #676
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post

The question is, which system would you rather have access to if you needed treatment?
Exactly! Finally someone gets it. I have a PPO, so treatment is a breeze. If the lazy fuck working on my lawn didn't think ahead and save up to treat his daughter's cancer and she goes without the right treatment, he can just STFU about anything. He didn't save up, so not my problem.
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #677
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
The fact that America has more births to teenagers, more to obese mothers or those that smoke or are addicted to drugs is more a reflection of the differences in lifestyle than that of healthcare systems.
Right! And those people DO NOT deserve adequate treatment at all. If that teen mom couldn't keep her pants on, and her baby suffers and has major health problems because she didn't have the money to pay for it, tough shit. It's not my problem. I kept my pants on and I managed to get a good job with insurance. Not the losers who don't have any because they're too stupid and lazy/
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #678
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Right! And those people DO NOT deserve adequate treatment at all. If that teen mom couldn't keep her pants on, and her baby suffers and has major health problems because she didn't have the money to pay for it, tough shit. It's not my problem. I kept my pants on and I managed to get a good job with insurance. Not the losers who don't have any because they're too stupid and lazy/
If our dropout rate is higher than other countries, is that solely the fault of our educational system? Or are there other societal pathologies to factor in?
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #679
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The American Resistance
Posts: 4,754
Local Time: 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Exactly! Finally someone gets it. I have a PPO, so treatment is a breeze. If the lazy fuck working on my lawn didn't think ahead and save up to treat his daughter's cancer and she goes without the right treatment, he can just STFU about anything. He didn't save up, so not my problem.

Is this an indictment of our healthcare system or how much affluent suburban liberals pay their "yard help"?
__________________
INDY500 is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #680
Blue Crack Distributor
 
VintagePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: In a dry and waterless place
Posts: 55,732
Local Time: 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
If our dropout rate is higher than other countries, is that solely the fault of our educational system? Or are there other societal pathologies to factor in?
Wow, step out for a few hours and the thread explodes.

I'm addressing more than just this one post obviously, but this one sort of ties in with the whole issue. You mentioned obesity and drug addiction as causes of the poorer numbers that the US has health-wise. You don't see how all of this is interconnected, those societal pathologies, as you call them? You've never considered that you might have higher rates of addiction and obesity due to what you're lacking in health care for all? That universal health care might result in an overall healthier, more productive society, one that might have much less of these societal pathologies?
__________________
VintagePunk is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 08:51 PM   #681
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
If our dropout rate is higher than other countries, is that solely the fault of our educational system?
Absolutely. And don't forget the lazy poor. They neither study nor work.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #682
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
Is this an indictment of our healthcare system or how much affluent suburban liberals pay their "yard help"?
Only the second one. The liberals sure enough embrace the free market regarding how much they pay the yard help, I tell you what. Why should the liberals have to pay for the yard help's health care anyway?
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #683
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Relax!? How can you be so blase about this?
Because NSW was right and he's just trolling to get a rise out of everyone? He doesn't deserve your attention or your outrage.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #684
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 12:29 AM
Even if it's faux outrage?
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #685
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 12:29 AM
If it amuses you, then carry on.
__________________
corianderstem is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #686
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 16,294
Local Time: 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDY500 View Post
"Better health" is not the same as receive better healthcare treatment.

The question is, which system would you rather have access to if you needed treatment?
The socialist commie one in Soviet Canuckistan.

When I lived and worked in your country and had health insurance, I still preferred to wait to fly home to Toronto for treatment. Shocking to you, I know.
__________________
anitram is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #687
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
the point is that the EU has better health than we do,
Not all countries in the EU do have better health care than the US. Indeed, there are quite a few cases of people with rare conditions flying from the UK or Ireland to the US for treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and their citizens don't go bankrupt paying bills because they're so poor and stupid they get cancer.
Well, that's probably true. I haven't heard of anyone going bankrupt over here just because of healthcare bills.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 PM   #688
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
When I lived and worked in your country and had health insurance, I still preferred to wait to fly home to Toronto for treatment. Shocking to you, I know.
When my husband was in grad school in Las Vegas, there were a whole bunch of Canadians there who would regularly fly back to Toronto and other cities to get any kind of health care. Fly back to Toronto rather than deal with the American system.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 PM   #689
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
When my husband was in grad school in Las Vegas, there were a whole bunch of Canadians there who would regularly fly back to Toronto and other cities to get any kind of health care. Fly back to Toronto rather than deal with the American system.
Expat Canadians are required to fly back to Canada at frequent intervals for socialist indoctrination classes.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 08-26-2009, 09:39 PM   #690
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 09:29 PM
god forbid that it were easy for foreigners to get doctors appointments in the united states. we can't have that.

it is as easy for someone from overseas to get a gp appointment here as it is for someone from overseas, and almost as cheap.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com