MANDATORY health insurance - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 AM   #556
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Tennessee - 17.8 percent
thank you tenncare.

also, it is worth pointing out massachusetts' uninsured level is so low because it's mandatory to have insurance there. yet, iirc, there is no promise that if you can't afford third party insurance/don't work for a company that provides it that the state will. i actually know someone essentially breaking the law because they cannot afford it. however, i know that's the exception, not the norm. just saying.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #557
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:00 AM
i'm watching this debate on another forum at the same time. i simply cannot resist posting one person's view.

for context, i made this post, just as an aside to the ongoing debate:

Quote:
can someone from america explain the following things to me:

- if the role of government isn't to look out for the best interests of the people, what the f*ck is it even there for?
- do you really believe a private insurance company has your best interests at heart moreso than the government?

i grant you, after the amount of time your government has spend lying to and deceiving you, trust is exceedingly hard to come by, so maybe answer these questions in a perfect world scenario.
he replied with:

Quote:
The role of he government is to look out for the best interest, to a certain extent. The government should be here to set up and aid the country. Let the people be in control and thats the main reason why Amerca started. I find that there is no reason that I should pay high taxes to give healthcare to drug addicts and people that sit in their houses all day. You should make your money and pay for your own healthcare. Not to be given health care from your tax money. The government should do the least they can do to make this country run.

Why is the government here? Its simple, The government should be here to make it safe to live in America. They should provide safety with the laws that they implement. Then there is the connection between the people and the higher ups, such as the president and all them people.

Why socializing medicine wont work in the US? IF we do get it to work, whats going to happen is that taxes are going to be high, and no one will afford the taxes. So that means the people we are trying to help now wont get any healthcare at all, plus everyone else in America spending more money on high taxes, that still has the problem of not everyone having medical care. The reason why people dont have healtcare now is because they dont have any money, WHY dont they have money? because they made stupid decisions or their too lazy to make good decisions. So all we are doing when we socialize the medicine, is that the rich people are going to give away half their money to the government, to pretty much give lazy people money and health, and that pretty much means that we encourage them being lazy cause now they can live the life they want to live, sitting on their asses smoking pot with their friends in front of a TV. Also, the rich people are loosing money which "CAN" cause them to feel more insecure spending which, causes the economy to slow down.

We dont need change from the government. Where we need change, is from the big companies and the people that are poor. Im not saying the poor people are all lazy, im saying that the vast majority of them are. If you feel like you want to give money to taxes to give healthcare to the poor people then why dont the people that support socializing medicine give their money to the poor people? The answer to that question will support everything I just said. (BECAUSE THEY WILL SPEND IT ON POT!)
i genuinely have no witty comment to add.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:56 AM   #558
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

lol wow, he sure has it in for potheads doesn't he? what's hilarious is any potheads i know are the ones actually out there working 9-5 jobs. stereotyping

there are just so many generalizations in that post, it makes me weep. especially in this economy, it's way too easy to just dismiss people with "no money" as people who are lazy. there are many, many people out there with no money/job not because they're lazy, but because they apply to 500 places and don't even get a call for an interview. the job market is tough these days. ridiculously tough. call me insensitive, but i don't really give a rat's ass that rich people are "loosing money". i'm sorry, but i've been unemployed for six months now. i wish all i had to worry about was cutting back on my investments or whatever.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #559
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
The role of he government is to look out for the best interest, to a certain extent. The government should be here to set up and aid the country. Let the people be in control and thats the main reason why Amerca started. I find that there is no reason that I should pay high taxes to give healthcare to drug addicts and people that sit in their houses all day. You should make your money and pay for your own healthcare. Not to be given health care from your tax money. The government should do the least they can do to make this country run.

Why is the government here? Its simple, The government should be here to make it safe to live in America. They should provide safety with the laws that they implement. Then there is the connection between the people and the higher ups, such as the president and all them people.

Why socializing medicine wont work in the US? IF we do get it to work, whats going to happen is that taxes are going to be high, and no one will afford the taxes. So that means the people we are trying to help now wont get any healthcare at all, plus everyone else in America spending more money on high taxes, that still has the problem of not everyone having medical care. The reason why people dont have healtcare now is because they dont have any money, WHY dont they have money? because they made stupid decisions or their too lazy to make good decisions. So all we are doing when we socialize the medicine, is that the rich people are going to give away half their money to the government, to pretty much give lazy people money and health, and that pretty much means that we encourage them being lazy cause now they can live the life they want to live, sitting on their asses smoking pot with their friends in front of a TV. Also, the rich people are loosing money which "CAN" cause them to feel more insecure spending which, causes the economy to slow down.

We dont need change from the government. Where we need change, is from the big companies and the people that are poor. Im not saying the poor people are all lazy, im saying that the vast majority of them are. If you feel like you want to give money to taxes to give healthcare to the poor people then why dont the people that support socializing medicine give their money to the poor people? The answer to that question will support everything I just said. (BECAUSE THEY WILL SPEND IT ON POT!)
Not only is he an informed elequent wordsmith, but I really liked the fact that he avoided generalizations and stereotypes.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #560
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Not only is he an informed elequent wordsmith, but I really liked the fact that he avoided generalizations and stereotypes.
i know! i look at it this way, in terms of whether or not i could afford to pay taxes. (how could i not anyway? i mean yes technically i could not file taxes if i owed at the end of the year but i'm too honest to ever do that, especially since i'm always due a refund.) adding the tax bracket i'm usually in plus how much i usually pay for insurance, it'd have to get to above 40% for me to pay more in taxes than i did when you combined the taxes plus employer-provided insurance. i honestly doubt anyone in my bracket would pay this much, but if i had to, i wouldn't complain.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:02 AM   #561
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Quote:
Im not saying the poor people are all lazy, im saying that the vast majority of them are.
You should ask him how much money he has in order to determine his level of work ethic.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:27 AM   #562
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:00 PM
i guess i wish i knew why so many Americans appear to loathe their fellow Americans.

can a conservative explain this to me?
Old 08-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #563
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
i guess i wish i knew why so many Americans appear to loathe their fellow Americans.

Simple. Those "other people" aren't true Americans.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #564
She's the One

Local Time: 01:00 PM
And they're lazy and maybe don't speak English.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:47 AM   #565
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
And they're lazy and maybe don't speak English.
Given the fact that almost 50% of the country still think "death panels" are real, I'm thinking they are the lazy/can't read English ones

What other explanation is there?
Old 08-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #566
Refugee

Local Time: 05:00 PM
Quote:

because they are fat, loud, and stupid
Old 08-21-2009, 04:10 PM   #567
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 09:00 PM
Quote:

This is a useless road to go down, as loathing goes both ways.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #568
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
This is a useless road to go down, as loathing goes both ways.
Awww, Nate. I don't loathe you.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #569
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn2441 View Post
because they are fat, loud, and stupid
and they smoke pot
Old 08-21-2009, 07:48 PM   #570
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:00 PM
I'm lazy, but I speak English, so I guess I'm only 50% true American (but also only 50% loathed).