MANDATORY health insurance - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #451
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,332
Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I'm guessing you're too young or didn't pay attention during the Clinton years?
Dude, for reals. Didn't Clinton murder a bunch of people then cover it up? But that wasn't the nutjob sector of the right wing, that was truth.
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #452
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,332
Local Time: 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
The latest well informed opposition I heard today on the healthplan, from a white man on medicare:

"Obama wants us all to be dependent on the state so we're just like all the other n***ers out there."

It took a lot of restraint not to hit the man.
But "socialist" doesn't equal "black." Not at all.
__________________

__________________
martha is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #453
ONE
love, blood, life
 
financeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ireland
Posts: 10,122
Local Time: 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
Boy, am I late to this party.

Amusing and cogent (and sometimes incoherent) comments on both sides. My thoughts on health care are complicated and difficult to sum up. So I'll only comment on the post that made me laugh:

"Can we get a grip here? It is possible to express opposition to a president's policies without preposterous name-calling" ~ David Frum

You mean like the Left did so easily and quickly during Bush's term? The reality is that whatever lack of political dialogue we are able to have now is a direct result of studying and employing the Left's playbook for the past eight years -- used frequently and often here on FYM. ("Hail to the Thief," "GW is a racist," "GW is a moron," "GW is a war criminal," "GW is a fascist," "GW is a Christofascist," "Theocracy is on the rise," etc etc. I seem to recall several "Bush is Hitler" comments as well.)

awesome.
I've had enough of this nonsense. GW is a war criminal, he stole two elections, he illegally invaded two sovereign countries and murdered hundreds of thousands. His wars killed more, by a multiple, that the sum total ever killed by Islamist terrorists throughout recent history. They have also killed more than the entire death count 'achieved' by the Provisional IRA, LVF, UDA, Action Directe, Red Army Faction or pretty much any paramilitary terrorist group you care to mention - PUT TOGETHER.

These are quite simply the facts of US imperialism under the Buschco regime -at least, as perceived by the majority of the world outside of the US - and there's no amount of wibbling, waffling, evading nonsense that will take away from these facts.

It's time for neo-cons to grow up, repent, and start living in the really real world. It's time for liberals and moderate conservatives that enable the neo-con disease to grow up also. Neo-cons, frankly - to put it in biblical terms - need to wear their sack cloth and ashes. They should be eating humble pie for an awful long time to come.
__________________
financeguy is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #454
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,598
Local Time: 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
I've had enough of this nonsense. GW is a war criminal, he stole two elections, he illegally invaded two sovereign countries and murdered hundreds of thousands. His wars killed more, by a multiple, that the sum total ever killed by Islamist terrorists throughout recent history. They have also killed more than the entire death count 'achieved' by the Provisional IRA, LVF, UDA, Action Directe, Red Army Faction or pretty much any paramilitary terrorist group you care to mention - PUT TOGETHER.

These are quite simply the facts of US imperialism under the Buschco regime -at least, as perceived by the majority of the world outside of the US - and there's no amount of wibbling, waffling, evading nonsense that will take away from these facts.

It's time for neo-cons to grow up, repent, and start living in the really real world. It's time for liberals and moderate conservatives that enable the neo-con disease to grow up also. Neo-cons, frankly - to put it in biblical terms - need to wear their sack cloth and ashes. They should be eating humble pie for an awful long time to come.
thank you.
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #455
The Fly
 
Hobo13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 72
Local Time: 12:13 PM
You mean he stole from Kerry too!

Anyway, let's say it goes Gore's way in 2000. What do you think Al would have done after those jets took out the WTC ? Or for that matter, any President elected by the people of the United States. Gee, I'm guessing he does the same thing GW did. I doubt he goes after the other thugs, but would he also be a war criminal ? AG the war criminal ?
Not in my book.
__________________
Hobo13 is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
maycocksean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Most Important State in the Union
Posts: 4,882
Local Time: 02:13 PM
I was listening to NPR on the drive home this evening and they had one of the insurance company lobbyists on and it was quite fascinating.

INDY's right, the insurance companies fully support health care reform.

Well, a certain KIND of reform any way. They would like to see mandatory health insurance for sure. They definitely do NOT want to public option. It was kind of hilarious though, how she absolutely would NOT say why her industry really wanted the mandatory health insurance, but didn't want a public option. She used all kinds of vagaries but would never say what we all know, now matter how the interviewer hinted at it--that this kind of "reform" would be a major boost to profits.
__________________
maycocksean is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #457
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
They would like to see mandatory health insurance for sure. They definitely do NOT want to public option.
Every industry would love a guaranteed revenue stream with no regulation, after all.
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Strong Badia
Posts: 3,428
Local Time: 07:13 PM
Quote:
I'm guessing you're too young or didn't pay attention during the Clinton years?
I didn't realize we were suddenly defending politics as usual.
__________________
nathan1977 is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 10:08 PM   #459
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,648
Local Time: 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan1977 View Post
I didn't realize we were suddenly defending politics as usual.
Just not a big fan of revisionist history. I defended nothing just brought things back to reality.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 08-18-2009, 10:16 PM   #460
ONE
love, blood, life
 
namkcuR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Kettering, Ohio
Posts: 10,286
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maycocksean View Post
I was listening to NPR on the drive home this evening and they had one of the insurance company lobbyists on and it was quite fascinating.

INDY's right, the insurance companies fully support health care reform.

Well, a certain KIND of reform any way. They would like to see mandatory health insurance for sure. They definitely do NOT want to public option. It was kind of hilarious though, how she absolutely would NOT say why her industry really wanted the mandatory health insurance, but didn't want a public option. She used all kinds of vagaries but would never say what we all know, now matter how the interviewer hinted at it--that this kind of "reform" would be a major boost to profits.
I'm confused, what is "mandatory health insurance"? I know what single pay/universal health care is, I know what the public option is, and I know what private health insurance is...where does "mandatory health insurance" fall?
__________________
namkcuR is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #461
ONE
love, blood, life
 
melon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 11,781
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by namkcuR View Post
I'm confused, what is "mandatory health insurance"? I know what single pay/universal health care is, I know what the public option is, and I know what private health insurance is...where does "mandatory health insurance" fall?
I think it's similar to what Massachusetts has, where everyone is forced to purchase health insurance. I don't remember what the specifics of their plan was, though.
__________________
melon is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:36 PM   #462
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo13 View Post
You mean he stole from Kerry too!

Anyway, let's say it goes Gore's way in 2000. What do you think Al would have done after those jets took out the WTC ? Or for that matter, any President elected by the people of the United States. Gee, I'm guessing he does the same thing GW did. I doubt he goes after the other thugs, but would he also be a war criminal ? AG the war criminal ?
Not in my book.


Wouldn't have happened. Don't forget GWB was behind knocking those buildings down. Which by the way, we deserved. Billy boy bombed Iraq and other countries willy nilly without recourse. But that had nothing to do with them attacking us.
__________________
HyperU2 is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 12:21 AM   #463
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,648
Local Time: 01:13 PM
So conspiracy theory, that we deserved, and Iraq attacked us?

There are certain rules that apply in order for irony to work, you broke most of them.

So back to healthcare???
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 08-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #464
War Child
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Carlisle PA
Posts: 818
Local Time: 02:13 PM
Avoid McD's?

__________________
HyperU2 is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #465
Refugee
 
dazzlingamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Posts: 2,468
Local Time: 06:13 AM
i dont agree with mandatory health insurance, but universal health care of course!

say for example you have gallstones and need to get your gallbladder removed. Can you get that done in the us for free? I mean you pay a small amount ($150) for admin costs and te like, but you get the rest for free? you may have to wait 6 months to be booked in but you get it done. Does this happen in the states? or do you have to pay for any operation or doctor or anything like that?
__________________

__________________
dazzlingamy is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com