Man with incurable TB quarantined - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MirrorballLemon
I hope he dies. He deserves to.
Well, you will get your wish, because he will die (whether he deserves to or not).

Of course, you are going to die too. We all will -- no way out of that one.

I don't think he was clearly told he was infectious before he left the US and I can't really blame him for wanting to get back to his own country before being quarantined. I don't think he handled the situation particularly well, but I suspect most of us in the same situation wouldn't have handled it much better.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:08 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 04:49 AM
The guy is a "personal injury lawyer" (i.e, ambulance chaser), oh sweet irony when hundreds of people on flights he was on sue his ass............

Old 06-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by toscano
The guy is a "personal injury lawyer" (i.e, ambulance chaser), oh sweet irony when hundreds of people on flights he was on sue his ass............
Sweet irony indeed.

What's being done to the guy in Arizona is unacceptable. But this guy, screw him I say, flying all over, doing his level best to spread peace, love, and TB.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Well, you will get your wish, because he will die (whether he deserves to or not).

Of course, you are going to die too. We all will -- no way out of that one.

I don't think he was clearly told he was infectious before he left the US and I can't really blame him for wanting to get back to his own country before being quarantined. I don't think he handled the situation particularly well, but I suspect most of us in the same situation wouldn't have handled it much better.
I saw an interview with him, and he claimed that he didn't know he was very contagious. The CDC sent him a letter "strongly advising" him not to fly, but he never got the letter because it was sent out the day before he left for Greece.

He undoubtedly handled the situation poorly after he found out he needed to get back to the U.S. I don't know what I would do either...
Old 06-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:49 AM

Andy Borowitz

TB Guy Tops Bush in New Poll

Posted June 6, 2007

In the latest sign of erosion for President George W. Bush's job approval rating, a new poll released today reveals that Mr. Bush is now less popular among the American people than the so-called "TB Guy," Atlanta attorney Andrew Speaker.

While the president's approval numbers have been in a virtual free-fall in recent months, few political insiders expected him to be trounced by Mr. Speaker, who has been accused of exposing airline passengers to tuberculosis.

Additionally, the poll results are historic in another way, since they mark the first time that a sitting president has been deemed less popular than a quarantined disease carrier.

But at the White House today, official spokesman Tony Snow tried to put a positive spin on the numbers, saying that Mr. Speaker's poll numbers received an artificial "bounce" as a result of all of the press coverage he has received in recent days.

"If President Bush had been quarantined for spreading tuberculosis around the world, his numbers would be right up there with the TB Guy's," Mr. Snow claimed.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

"If President Bush had been quarantined for spreading tuberculosis around the world, his numbers would be right up there with the TB Guy's," Mr. Snow claimed.

Now there's a ringing endorsement.