Man tried to warn Canadian authorities of the September 11th attacks on August 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorGonzo

War Child
And apparently, neither the Canadian or U.S governments seem to care, even now.

link

another link

the note warning of the attacks

Delmart Edward ?Mike? Vreeland, an American citizen whose claims to being a US Naval Lieutenant assigned to the Office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) are being increasingly corroborated in open court, has been in a Canadian jail since December 6, 2000. On August 11 or 12 of 2001, the date is uncertain, after trying to verbally alert his Canadian jailers to the coming World Trade Center attacks, he wrote down key information and sealed it in an envelope which he then had placed in jailers? custody. This event is not disputed by Canadian authorities. The letter specifically listed a number of targets including The Sears Towers, The World Trade Center, The White House, The Pentagon, The World Bank, The Canadian parliament building in Ottawa and the Royal Bank in Toronto.

A chilling sentence follows the list of targets, ?Let one happen. Stop the rest!!!?

When the envelope was opened on September 14th it set off alarms in the US and Canada.

The US wants Vreeland back in the States on a Michigan warrant for credit card fraud ? using his own credit card. Vreeland, convinced that a return to the US means certain death, wants to stay in Canada in a witness protection program. His lawyers Rocco Galati and Paul Slansky, two former Canadian prosecutors, agree with Vreeland?s assessment. They should. Both have been the victims of harassment and threats including dead cats hung on porches and car windows smashed out in car burglaries.

The position of the United States government, as represented by Crown Solicitors in Toronto, is that all of this is nonsense. Vreeland, says the Navy, was discharged as a Seaman after a few months of service for unsatisfactory performance in 1986. He has never had anything to do with intelligence according to 1200 pages of Navy records filed in Toronto Superior Court.

?How is it,? says Galati, ?that the Navy says that he was only in the service a few months and then send us a 1200 page personnel file? Some of the entries are obvious forgeries or alterations and the sanitizing of his records was done so hurriedly that some dates of medical exams in the 1990s were left intact.?

In a January 10, 2002 tactic worthy of Perry Mason, with the greatest possible risk to his client if it failed, attorney Slansky got the judge to agree to let him call the Pentagon from open court. Using a speaker phone, in front of at least six witnesses, Slansky first dialed directory information and got a number for the Pentagon switchboard. Then, calling that number he asked the Department of Defense operator to locate the office of Lt. Delmart Vreeland. Within moments the operator had confirmed Vreeland?s posting, his rank as a Lieutenant O-3, his room number and given Slansky his direct-dial number.

All of this is a part of the court record.

Any comments?

wow.

that's really incredible. i follow the news every day. i even read the toronto star, www.thestar.com , everyday and this is the first i've heard of this beyond the initial 'some guy seems to have predicted 9/11' hoopla.

i'm shocked the canadian government didn't give him right up to the american's. i imagine they could have been wiped him out with very little fanfare much earlier on.

i for one would like to hear what else he has to say and see his supporting evidence corrobarated.

------------------
november 12th 1955

[This message has been edited by kobayashi (edited 01-28-2002).]

What does he mean, "let one happen, stop the rest"?

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 01-28-2002).]

What does he mean, "let one happen,
stop the rest"?

It's his way of saying "You're not going to believe me until it starts happening, but once it does, be ready to do something to stop the other attacks."

Um...

Why was Vreeland arrested in Canada?

If what Vreeland says is true, how did the US Navy not notice that an officer in charge of sensitive intelligence was *in a foreign jail for nine months*? If the Pentagon switchboard director gave out his office number and phone number, he must still have had an office there...

For all I know, Vreeland might be a psychic. That doesn't seem any stranger than the story presented so far.

[This message has been edited by speedracer (edited 01-28-2002).]

The note seems a bit of a stretch. Plus, this guy, Michael C. Ruppert is a whack job who thinks everything is a conspiracy. I heard he's already writing a story about how my stomache virus is a result of the CIA implanting a chip in my colon.

CK

well canada isn't some rogue state who is going to make all this crap up. he wrote the note, it was confiscated by the jail and opened.
the guy knows something. he might know a lot of things.
we are probably never going to find out though

------------------
november 12th 1955

I dunno... does anyone have a complete transcript of what he wrote? His handwriting is awful. Does he state dates, names of people, etc? If not... well, how many people are there in Canada, the US and basically every other country involved, put together? The odds that some oddball somewhere makes up a story and gets it right are pretty good, I think.

Back
Top Bottom