Man Sues Florist For Revealing His Affair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Maybe people should just take responsibility for their own actions-what a concept. Someone posted this on the abc site

Texas is a community property state. The couple was still married. Therefore, the flowers were purchased with funds of the marriage of which 1/2 belonged to the wife. Therefore, she had every right to see the receipt of a purchase bought with her money and was not a "third party." Leroy Greer is out to get something for nothing and his suit should be thrown out of court as frivolous.

abcnews.com

A married man is suing 1-800-Flowers for $1 million for revealing that he was cheating on his wife.

Leroy Greer said in a lawsuit filed this week in a federal court in Texas that he bought flowers for his girlfriend through 1-800-Flowers. He asked to keep his purchase private.

Greer said he was referred to the company's privacy policy, which states that customers can ask 1-800-Flowers not to share personal information with "third parties."

But, the lawsuit says, 1-800-Flowers sent a thank-you note to his house and his wife saw it. When she called the company, 1-800-Flowers faxed her a copy of the receipt from Greer's secret purchase.

The receipt revealed that Greer had sent another woman a dozen long-stemmed red roses, along with a note that read, "Just wanted to say that I love you and you mean the world to me!" according to court documents.

The couple was already going through what Greer's attorney described as an amicable divorce.

After learning of the affair, Greer's wife asked for a $300,000 divorce settlement in addition to child support, said Kennitra Foote, Greer's attorney.

"That thank-you note is going to cost him money," Foote said.

Greer is asking for $1 million for breach of contract and deceptive trade practices.

"This is not a moral issue," Foote said. "The issue is, is 1-800-Flowers in the business of causing divorce or are they in the business of sending flowers and sticking to their privacy policy?"

A 1-800-Flowers spokesman said the company does not comment on pending litigation. In a statement, spokesman Steven Jarmon said, "We take all matters relating to our customers seriously; however, we are not responsible for an individual's personal conduct."

I actually think it's kinda funny...can't you just picture the operator telling Mrs. where the flowers went, and what the note said? I do think it was wrong to tell, but I also think the guy is an idiot. I'd like to see a judge rule in his favor and award him $1, but I'm sure this gets settled :(

See, guys??? This is what thinking with the little brain in your pants will get you. :shame:

:laugh:

Frankly, I don't think 1-800-FLOWERS did anything wrong. If Romeo was so stupid as to send girlfriend flowers from an account still jointly held WITH HIS WIFE, he deserved to get burned. :shrug:

^ Well apparently not if she needed 1-800-FLOWERS to tell her what the note said and who it was to. :)

Back
Top Bottom