Man Sues Ex Girlfriend Over Glue Attack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
now obviously this is no laughing matter :wink: , but I wonder

1. How did he walk to the gas station?

2. How can she possibly claim he consented to this? Unless I'm incredibly naive and some people are into some weird, crazy stuff..seriously though, that's quite a claim

GREENSBURG, Pa.

A man claims his ex-girlfriend owes him more than $30,000 for gluing his genitals to his abdomen five years ago. "This was not just some petty domestic squabble," attorney Grey Pratt told a Westmoreland County jury Wednesday.

His client, Kenneth Slaby of Pittsburgh, is suing Gail O'Toole of Murrysville. His lawsuit claims the two broke up in 1999 after dating for 10 months and Slaby began dating someone else.

Slaby contends that O'Toole invited him over to her home on May 7, where he fell asleep. He woke up to find that O'Toole had used Super Glue to stick his genitals to his abdomen, glued his buttocks together and spelled out a profanity on his back in nail polish.

Slaby said O'Toole told him it was payback for their breakup, and he had to walk a mile to a gas station to call for help. He pressed charges and O'Toole pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and served six months' probation.

O'Toole's attorney, Chuck Evans, said it was a consensual act and Slaby wasn't permanently damaged.

"This is a case that should have been left in the bedroom," he said.

Wow, if someone glued my butt together while I was asleep I think I would feel it? And really, is she supposed to think that we will say "Yeah, that was just their way of being kinky"?

MrsSpringsteen said:

1. How did he walk to the gas station?

my guess would be veeeery carefully. :wink:

this sounds more like a jerry springer episode than reality. there are some messed up people out there.

I CERTAINLY don't condone her actions & it probably wouldn't reduce my empathy for the guy, but does it seem to anyone else that were missing a huge portion of this story? I'd just be curious to hear both sides of it, you know? :shrug:

I know I'm supposed to be better than this, but I laughed. :reject:

Really hard. :lmao:

It's difficult not to laugh at this story, but had the roles been reversed and it was the woman who had her ass cheeks glued together I'd be willing to bet that the typical reaction would be outrage over it rather than laughs.

I think a woman doing it to a man is just as outrageous, neither scenario is "funny" when you think about the pain and humiliation involved..maybe some people laugh because it's so bizarre and foreign to them

randhail said:
It's difficult not to laugh at this story, but had the roles been reversed and it was the woman who had her ass cheeks glued together I'd be willing to bet that the typical reaction would be outrage over it rather than laughs.

Nah, I think I'd laugh at any ass cheek gluing. :) (It's actually the genitals to the abdomen that really got me started -- the ass cheek part was just icing. :wink: )

GREENSBURG, Pa.

A Westmoreland County jury on Friday ordered a woman to pay $46,200 to her ex-boyfriend for gluing his genitals to his abdomen.

Jurors found in favor of Kenneth Slaby of Pittsburgh in his civil case against Gail O'Toole of Murrysville after three days of testimony and ordered the payment for pain, suffering and emotional distress, according to television station KDKA.

"For all the pain and suffering I've been through, and the embarrassment, I don't think it's enough," Slaby told reporters after the verdict.

Slaby's lawsuit said the two broke up in 1999 after dating for 10 months, and he began dating someone else. After he broke up with his other girlfriend, Slaby said, O'Toole invited him over to her home on May 7, 2000, where he fell asleep.

He said he woke up to find that O'Toole had used Super Glue to stick his genitals to his abdomen, glued his buttocks together and spelled out a profanity on his back in nail polish.

Slaby said O'Toole told him that her actions were payback for their breakup, and he had to walk a mile to a gas station to call for help. He pressed charges and O'Toole pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and spent six months on probation.

But O'Toole's attorney contended that the incident was nothing more than part of the couple's adventurous, consensual sex.

randhail said:

We frequently wrestle with the double standards of society. Here, I think your assessment is correct.

I think the moral of this story is when you've had a bitter break up with someone, stay the hell away from him or her. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom