Make sure you are registered to vote!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharky

New Yorker
Stories are coming out of Oregon, Nevada, South Dakota and Colorado that there has been serious registration tampering. In Oregon and Nevada, it looks like a group run by the RNC is tossing out ballots for Democratic voters. Six Republicans resigned over questionable absentee ballots in South Dakota. I don't care what your party affiliation is -- this is wrong. Make sure you contact local voter offices and also local news agencies to make sure they start running this story. This is seriously making me sick to my stomach. After all this debating on this board about which policies are better, after all the states seeing tremedous increase in voter registration, its going to come down to who can cheat to get only their voters to the polls.

Nevada
South Dakota
Colorado

Last edited:
Have you checked out the inner cities voter registrations? Do you believe the fraud is exclusive to these states, and not democratic areas?

I too do not care about afiliations, however, fraud is happening in Democratically controlled areas as well.

[Q]Most of the fraud has come from registration drives, where people at grocery stores or on the streets ask you to sign up. 9News has learned many workers have re-registered voters multiple times by changing or making up information about them. 9News has documented 719 cases of potentially fraudulent forms at county election offices show fraudulent names, addresses, social security numbers or dates of birth in Denver, Douglas, Adams, Boulder and Lake counties. Information from other counties is still coming in.

Some voter registration application forms are completely bogus. Others belong to legitimate voters, who have had one or two facts changed that could affect their registration when they show up at the polls November 2nd. Tom Stanislawski registered to vote six years ago. But this summer, someone signed him up again and changed his party affiliation. "My concern would be I'd walk in November 2nd and be unable to vote," he said.
[/Q]

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?...MPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf

Oct. 12) -- Employees of a private voter registration company allege that hundreds, perhaps thousands of voters who may think they are registered will be rudely surprised on election day. The company claims hundreds of registration forms were thrown in the trash.

Anyone who has recently registered or re-registered to vote outside a mall or grocery store or even government building may be affected.

The I-Team has obtained information about an alleged widespread pattern of potential registration fraud aimed at democrats. Thee focus of the story is a private registration company called Voters Outreach of America, AKA America Votes.

The out-of-state firm has been in Las Vegas for the past few months, registering voters. It employed up to 300 part-time workers and collected hundreds of registrations per day, but former employees of the company say that Voters Outreach of America only wanted Republican registrations.

Two former workers say they personally witnessed company supervisors rip up and trash registration forms signed by Democrats.

"We caught her taking Democrats out of my pile, handed them to her assistant and he ripped them up right in front of us. I grabbed some of them out of the garbage and she tells her assisatnt to get those from me," said Eric Russell, former Voters Outreach employee.

Eric Russell managed to retrieve a pile of shredded paperwork including signed voter registration forms, all from Democrats. We took them to the Clark County Election Department and confirmed that they had not, in fact, been filed with the county as required by law.

So the people on those forms who think they will be able to vote on Election Day are sadly mistaken. We attempted to speak to Voters Outreach but found that its office has been rented out to someone else.

The landlord says Voters Outreach was evicted for non-payment of rent. Another source said the company has now moved on to Oregon where it is once again registering voters. It's unknown how many registrations may have been tossed out, but another ex-employee told Eyewitness News she had the same suspicions when she worked there.

It's going to take a while to sort all of this out, but the immediate concern for voters is to make sure you really are registered.

Call the Clark County Election Department at 455-VOTE orclick here to see if you are registered.

The company has been largely, if not entirely funded, by the Republican National Committee. Similar complaints have been received in Reno where the registrar has asked the FBI to investigate.
-------------------------

This is disgusting

If it is, post about it. All I have found is Republican stuff so far. Traditionally though, particularly in the South, it is the urban Democrats who are disenfanchised more often, hence the Voting Act in the '60s.

I'm still waiting to hear about my address change and was told if it doesn't show, I can just vote affidavit, that there are alot of applications to go through right now. This is liberal Brooklyn -- I think the main issue may be swing states though.

Btw, Dread, if you compare the Nevada and Colorado stories, the grocery store/on the street M.O. is the same. I will say the Colorado story did not mention specific party affiliation.

Last edited:
How about the number of Senior Citizens registered to vote in Floriday and their State of origion?

Not good....

In Reading, Pennsylvania, Director of Elections V. Kurt Bellman told the Board of Elections this week that there have been flagrant attempts at voter registration fraud. “It’s absolutely out of hand," Bellman said. "Not only do we have unintentional duplication of voter registrations but we have blatant duplicate voter registrations.”

Groups like the Association Communication Organization for Reform Now (ACORN), and the Citizens for Consumer Justice are both well connected to the Democratic Party and its agenda. ACORN claim’s to have registered over 70,000 new voters in Pennsylvania this year.

Ohio is also investigating possible voter fraud in Hamilton County and Columbus. Again, the party to alleged fraud is ACORN. While the numbers to date of possible voter fraud are so far small, 19 registrations, the possibilities for many more are enormous. ACORN has registered over 1 million new voters nationwide, including some 158,000 in Ohio alone.

In St. Paul, Minnesota, a man who was pulled over by police was found to have some 300 voter registration cards in the trunk of his car that had been filled out, but never submitted. Once again, the liberal group ACORN is under suspicion. Since last fall, this group has claimed to have registered more than 36,000 new voters to the rolls of Minnesota.

In Florida, investigators are now looking into widespread voter fraud in Miami-Dade, Duval, Monroe, Leon, Hillsborough and Pinellas counties. This from the Palm Beach Post: “Third-party groups, including tax-exempt organizations known as 527s that engage in political activity, have been conducting voter mobilization drives in an attempt to persuade new or apathetic voters to turn out in support of their causes — mostly Democratic — on Nov. 2.”

Not surprisingly, ACORN, as well as the 527 group Americans Coming Together, or ACT, is at the center of attention. These two groups alone have signed up an estimated 170,000 new voters in Florida.

In 2000, the most visible women besides then-Florida secretary of state Katherine Harris was Palm Beach County’s one-time elections supervisor and butterfly ballot architect, Theresa LePore. Recently, she decided to accept 550 applications on behalf of a group of Muslims determined to oust President Bush. It made little difference that the deadline for registration had come and gone.
----------------------------------------

Its everywhere

http://www.washingtondispatch.com/article_10282.shtml

Didn't think this was limited to one party.

We need to have a nationwide system to register. Do you have a driver's license? Show it to the poll lady on Election Day and vote. None of this crazy voter registration nonsense separate from driver's license or state ID. Nuts.

And Florida is so messed up already. The state put Nader on the ballot after a judge ruled against allowing him to be on there. The state said it was because of the hurricanes and luckily, another judge overturned the ruling and Nader made it -- after the ballots were sent out.

sharky said:
We need to have a nationwide system to register. Do you have a driver's license? Show it to the poll lady on Election Day and vote. None of this crazy voter registration nonsense separate from driver's license or state ID. Nuts.

I think a national ID card would be necessary. Scary in some respects, but if you want to guarantee one person-one vote, you will need a nation-wide systematic method to track everyone.

Wow, and many polls have the race neck and neck

Is that a coincidence I smell? :hmm:

*has flashback to the footage in Fahrenheit 911 when GWB and Jeb were on the plane, and GWB made that smirking comment to the effect that a win in Fla was guaranteed*

It happened to me when I chose to register in front of a Target. I never got a registration card in the mail because my form never got turned in.

I will never make that mistake again. I reregistered. Went to the post office, filled out the form and sent it to the registrar of voters. I urge others to do the same.

I have a question regarding the US voting practices.

Why do you have to register?

For example, in Canada, registered voters will get voter cards mailed out to their homes a few weeks before the election, which contain instructions regarding where to vote, when, etc. You bring this with you to your polling station and vote. When you fill out your income tax return, there is a question that gives the option of the tax and revenue people forwarding your mailing information to Elections Canada, so it is a means of registering for the cards.

If you do not get the card, or if you've moved in the meantime, etc, all you have to do is show up the day of with proof of identification, and line up in a different queue, and they will cross check you on a list, and then you vote.

holy crap this is scary stuff. i don't care what the party affiliation is of the multiple registering, its just sacary that people are actually easily getting away with this.

Man, we should do it the way they do in Canada. But that would be too easy and you don't want to make it easy for people to vote here.

So many are registering this year that most places are several weeks behind. It took me 2 1/2 months when it was suppose to be 30 days when I moved here in Chicago to receive my voter registration card.

But another one to add to the registration conspiracies...a man in Florida has come out and claimed on TV and radio that he tried and registered but was turned down due to his felony record. Tried again a second time as a Republican and got the registration. But then again he's a convicted felon...

Back
Top Bottom