Make Poverty History

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they sent them to my place of work in Canada so one of the organizations must be able to ship to the states??

The links were for the UK versions of Oxfam, Traidcraft, Save The Children and Christian Aid....and they wouldn't allow international shipments for purchase. And the US versions didn't have 'em. I also am looking specifically for the silicone bracelet and only the Oxfam/Traidcraft seem to have those... :shrug: I don't know what you do for work but perhaps if it something similar to these organizations that may be why you got them? I contacted each place and got the big "No".

Last edited:
hrmm I work in radio I'll have to find out who shipped them for you ..I can do that Monday or I'll just send you one

i'm gonna order a few - probably about 6 - 3 cotton, 3 silicone so if anyone wants...?
stars let me know if you want a silicone one or if Katey can get one for you. they only cost a quid each and i'm quite happy to buy a few and send them out to people so others can show their support as well.
can only get on monday so let me know by then if you want one.

digsy said:
i'm gonna order a few - probably about 6 - 3 cotton, 3 silicone so if anyone wants...?
stars let me know if you want a silicone one or if Katey can get one for you. they only cost a quid each and i'm quite happy to buy a few and send them out to people so others can show their support as well.
can only get on monday so let me know by then if you want one.

I'd love a silicone one please! I'd be too rough on the the cotton.... :D :hyper:

Thanks so much both of you! :heart:

Last edited:
Since everyone is trying to spread some Love, how about to the person who originally brought this issue to FYM's attention back in November - me!

I would like one too.

If someone is willing to help me, please contact me at iris_lotus_blossom@hotmail.com

I would truly appreciate it. Actually, I would be willing to pay for both the silicone and cloth ones.

Hope to hear back from someone soon.

THE GOAL IS SOUL....:up:

Jamila and stars - i've ordered a couple today. theres been a backlog because of the massive interest and everyone seems to have run out. Oxfam stores were meant to start stocking them today but can't because Oxfam has run out! more are on order and i've placed and order or 2 with the various websites to try get them as quickly as possible.
I'm quite happy to give both of you one - it would be my pleasure :D - but at the moment i'm struggling to find anyone who stocks the silicone ones - it only seems to be Christian Aid and they're out of both types!
so i've got orders pending everywhere and as soon as i get either or both (if i can get silicone), i'll send them to you.
Jamila - i'll drop you a mail about this as well but stars i've got your address already so as soon as i've got them it'll be on its way to you!

hope that helps you guys :)

Poverty relief should be encouraged.

Also, some big ideas for the big picture on eliminating poverty:
Freedom
Trade
Industry
Education
Take the US for example: If the world's poor were as "well off" as the US poor, we'd be in pretty good shape, I'd say.
The UN should encourage freedom around the world. It should not tolerate dictators.
The idea of the United States should be celebrated and emulated, not reviled. We did not get rich off the backs of the poor in Africa. We took sand and made glass, we took $1.00 worth of silicon, copper and plastic and created a $1000 computer. We educated people and they became doctors and teachers. We took metal and oil and we made a car. We created wealth. We didn't take it from them. All we needed was freedom, education, a marketplace and freedom from government interference. This is a result of the fulfillment of a fraction of our human potential. This can and will happen in Africa and Asia if it is allowed to.

It's kind of funny that the only one you hear talking about freedom today is George W. Bush. A lot of other people ridicule him for talking about it as if it were some fairy tale

digsy said:
Jamila and stars - i've ordered a couple today. theres been a backlog because of the massive interest and everyone seems to have run out. Oxfam stores were meant to start stocking them today but can't because Oxfam has run out! more are on order and i've placed and order or 2 with the various websites to try get them as quickly as possible.
I'm quite happy to give both of you one - it would be my pleasure :D - but at the moment i'm struggling to find anyone who stocks the silicone ones - it only seems to be Christian Aid and they're out of both types!
so i've got orders pending everywhere and as soon as i get either or both (if i can get silicone), i'll send them to you.
Jamila - i'll drop you a mail about this as well but stars i've got your address already so as soon as i've got them it'll be on its way to you!

hope that helps you guys :)

Digsy, thank you so much for all your efforts! I really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble for me. I sent both of your magazines today.

I'm curious...do you have a copy of either U2 Show or Killing Bono...:angel:

Edited to say: I am overjoyed that the reason it is so hard to get these wristbands is because there is a high demand for them. That's wonderful and let's hope the momentum stays high!

Last edited:
okay I grabbed 10 from work today Jamila and whoever else send me your address and I'll get them off tommorow if you like no problem.. sorry non of the silicon ones yet ..maybe next week.. I could only get away with taken 10 but when we get more I'll pass more on best I can do hope it helps for whoever is lookin for them

kate@interference.com..

don't forget to check out http://www.whiteband.org

for info about the Global Action

Last edited:
I've got this graphic here if anyone wanted to use it in perhaps a website of their own or even in their Interference signature here or whatever :huh:...I'll be using it as soon as my premium membership payment goes through....

18ezwn

Thanks for contributing Katey! I'm going to hold out for Digsy...but I know there were definetly others here that were interested so thank you thank you! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom