Majority Says Iraq War "The Right Thing" - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2004, 06:52 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:48 PM
Quote:
It only asked if they thought if there was misanalyzed or misinterpreted information among some of the Presidents reports.

Would you want a surgeon to operate on you or your children if he misanalyzed or misinterpreted information.

At most they knew the info was cooked or bad.

At least they are incompetent.

Rumsfeild launched 50 surgical missile strikes to take out Saddam and his high leadership. 50 times they missed and killed or maimed the wrong people.

And Rummy wants mini nukes!

This guy should be certified and locked up.

I think there are some openings at GITMO.

Old 03-22-2004, 07:14 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
I though this number was substantially higher. Do you have a reference for the polling number?
I was actually quoting from a book: Twilight of Empire: Responses to Occupation. (Which is an excellent book, btw.)

However, I did find this online:

Quote:
Polling data show that right after Sept. 11, 2001, when Americans were asked open-ended questions about who was behind the attacks, only 3 percent mentioned Iraq or Hussein. But by January of this year, attitudes had been transformed. In a Knight Ridder poll, 44 percent of Americans reported that either "most" or "some" of the Sept. 11 hijackers were Iraqi citizens. The answer is zero.
The article can be found at:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0314/p02s01-woiq.htm

Hope that clarifies.

Old 03-22-2004, 07:15 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
At the time of the Iraq attack 70% of the American people believed Saddam was involved and that a direct AI-Queada link to Saddam existed.

The Administration, Cheney, that worthless sack, promulgated these falsehoods.

Then they had the gall to say they do not know why the public believed it.

They are bald-face liars.

And btw, I do not have a tape of Bush and Cheney saying we know this information is false, we choose to put it out and we admit we are liars.

So those of you who wish to say that I can not "prove" they are liars
Well, you can sleep in comfort delusion one more night.
I've never seen more lies pushed as fact in order to prevent the removal of one of the worst dictators in history. Liberals claim Bush lied knowing they have no evidence to prove that. But they don't explain that to the public.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:26 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

Would you want a surgeon to operate on you or your children if he misanalyzed or misinterpreted information.

At most they knew the info was cooked or bad.

At least they are incompetent.

Rumsfeild launched 50 surgical missile strikes to take out Saddam and his high leadership. 50 times they missed and killed or maimed the wrong people.

And Rummy wants mini nukes!

This guy should be certified and locked up.

I think there are some openings at GITMO.
#1 Mistakes are made in intelligence every day. That is the nature of intelligence.

#2 The central case for war was Saddam's failure to VERIFIABLY DISARM OF ALL WMD!

#3 As far as the military strikes go, that is the nature of war. If Liberals would not stand in the way of increases in defense spending and intelligence spending, one would have even better weopons and intelligence to operate with. The strikes were clearly justified as they could have potentially brought an end to the war even sooner saving lives.

#4 And Rummy wants mini nukes!

This nation first developed "mini-nukes" in the 1950s. If there is a particular senerio that would justify their use, then I say bring em back.

#5 Rumsfeld should be locked up?

For What?
Old 03-22-2004, 07:36 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:48 PM
You may not remember

but before the Iraq War

I said Saddam should be removed.

I posted a thread with a reel audio link to Iraqis being interviewed from a NPR site.

Hearing the first hand testimonials from people about being tortured, seeing families members raped and killed was enough for me.

There should be a program in place where a true coalition

goes in and takes out and brings people the likes of Saddam, and some African dictators, and some others who butcher people to justice.

Wolverwits and the people surrounding Bush never made this argument or set up with other countries a program to do this.

Wovlerwitz instead said we settled on WMDs. What a lying bastard.

Saddam should have been removed. Not supporting misinformation and alienating allies. Is not supporting Saddam.

Milosivic was removed without lying, or as some say misanalizing, or misinterpreting information.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:55 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

deep,

It is a mystery to me why you choose to ignore the international communities efforts to verifiably disarm Iraq peacefully for 12 years and the fact that those efforts failed.

The United Nations in the 1991 Gulf Ceacefire declared that Saddam had to verifiably disarm of all WMD or face renewed military action as approved by resolution 678. The world viewed the failure of Saddam to verifiably disarm as a serious threat making the use of military force necessary to insure Saddam was disarmed.

The Majority of the Countries in NATO supported the removal of Saddam. Over 17 UN resolutions were passed against Saddam. There were 3 different resolutions approving the use of force against Saddam if he failed to comply with any of the resolutions.

The coalition consist of over 60 countries and is one of the largest coalitions in history. Just because France and Germany are not apart of it does not mean it is not a "true coalition".

The fact that Wolf said the Presidents Council felt WMD was the most urgent threat from Saddam is an obvious fact. I don't know how you could consider that a "lie".

"Milosivic was removed without lying, or as some say misanalizing, or misinterpreting information."

If your talking about the Kosovo war, there was plenty misinterpreting of information and misanalizing of information.

Milosivic power position vs. his opponents was always weak unlike Saddam who had killed almost all of his opponents in his country.

Milosovic did not loose power until over a year after the Kosovo war. When he lost an election but attempted to nullify the results. Saddam did not have real elections.