Major power outage hits New York, other large cities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I spent Blackout '03 the only way I knew how.

Me and my baby sat on the couch with candles and ate the caviar that was in the fridge with a bottle of champagne.

We could not let that stuff spoil or go to waste, now could we.

It was, however a very hot night.

I took NB's advice, and threw the circuit breaker in my house. I was hoping to convinvce my wife that the blackout had struck and we would have to suffer through a candle lit night and maybe we could have our own hot night.

I clicked the power to the house, and then could not find my way out of the cellar.

I gave up, and flicked the power back on.

Dreadsox said:
I took NB's advice, and threw the circuit breaker in my house. I was hoping to convinvce my wife that the blackout had struck and we would have to suffer through a candle lit night and maybe we could have our own hot night.

I clicked the power to the house, and then could not find my way out of the cellar.

I gave up, and flicked the power back on.

Dang! Sorry, bud. Hope you can try that again soon!

i walked over the brooklyn bridge. may do that again voluntarily. boyfriend and i went looked at stars, bar-b-qed in the backyard and checked out the skyline from brooklyn. but power is nice.

times_square_commemorative.gif

have you seen the new tshirts that say "surrvived through 9/11 and the blackout, what next nyc!!"

yes, exactly. the blackout and september 11th are SO comparable, and that whole concept isn't sickening at ALL :rolleyes:

to quote frank black:

i know a way we can never have a blackout again. harness the power of idiocy.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Oh yeah, that reminds me... I was a little, no a LOT, put off by SOME of the New Yorkers I saw on the news. Like they were the only ones going through what the rest of us were. :rolleyes:

Not to start anything...but I have ALWAYS been put off by New Yorkers (even after Sept. 11) in the media. I don't know a bigger group fo so-called Americans that need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that there is more to this country/world than the "tri-state area."

Whoa is me :down: :yawn:

Lilly said:
have you seen the new tshirts that say "surrvived through 9/11 and the blackout, what next nyc!!"

yes, exactly. the blackout and september 11th are SO comparable, and that whole concept isn't sickening at ALL :rolleyes:

to quote frank black:

i know a way we can never have a blackout again. harness the power of idiocy.

This just proves my point.

Not to start anything...but I have ALWAYS been put off by New Yorkers (even after Sept. 11) in the media. I don't know a bigger group fo so-called Americans that need to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that there is more to this country/world than the "tri-state area."

Exactly.

Nothing against the New Yorkers here, but this is just what I've gathered from what I've seen in the media. It's like no other area even matters.

Back
Top Bottom