Lucas Lawsuit in the wings???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't seen the movie. Maybe there should have been a disclaimer in the movie "Do not try this at home, it's for movie sets only".

Nerds are smart as in "book-smart" but they tend not to have any good old-fashioned common sense. There's a difference. I should know, God knows I love my father, and he's a retired scientist, but he's not a very practical guy in some ways. He's the archetypical "absent-minded professor".

I understand for the actual film, they practiced the duel for about 6 months. That had to be pretty cool. I'd like to learn "fencing" myself.

:cool:

That's got to be the most idiotic thing ever. :laugh: Let's pour gas into something and then light it, because....it will glow like a laser?? :confused:

They're lucky, though. They could've won a Darwin Award had they used a little more gas. :D

The law and lawyers are just nuts. Look at the car commercials where the car is underwater, and somewhere in fine print during the commercial, it says "dramatization only, car does operate underwater" or "professional driver on closed course". Well, thanks for the newsflash, I thought everyone could do a 360 degree swivel into a parking spot. All because some idiot somewhere decided to launch a frivolous suit.

The fine print should read "Don't be an idiot, you moron"

And the judges should throw it out of court anyway and say " I have more important issues to deal with, like steroids in professional baseball"

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
The law and lawyers are just nuts. Look at the car commercials where the car is underwater, and somewhere in fine print during the commercial, it says "dramatization only, car does operate underwater" or "professional driver on closed course". Well, thanks for the newsflash, I thought everyone could do a 360 degree swivel into a parking spot. All because some idiot somewhere decided to launch a frivolous suit.

The fine print should read "Don't be an idiot, you moron"

And the judges should throw it out of court anyway and say " I have more important issues to deal with, like steroids in professional baseball"

:applaud: :up:. I totally agree with you :).

LOL at Diemen's post, too. The Darwin awards...ah, now there's a list full of people who are always good for a laugh...:D.

Angela

don't forget this happened in England. Whilst there are more and more lawsuits happening here, we aren't as sue-happy as the US. Anyone here who suggested a law suit for this would probably be laughed at :up:

and yes, these people are stupid :D . this story was on the national radio news yesterday and the newsreader was laughing at them :laugh: (although I'm sure their injuries aren't funny... : ouch : )

I want to know how they emptied a fluorescent light tube. These things on their own are bloody dangerous as they explode really easily. They dont just break, they disintegrate. Maybe that was their problem, the petrol was to come later :lol:

Back
Top Bottom