Losing the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this is a shame a real shame.

however if you analyse the whole war on terrorism, the americans really had no intention of 'winning' this so-called crusade when it began with so much anger initially

the americans have lost the plot as to how to beat the taliban in afghanistan, the climate is horrible, the americans do not know very much about mountain combat and the mountains are deadly.

and in iraq - the americans just do not know who the enemy is.

however if they were to take anything away from this exercise they achieved 1 goal, that was to get a good excuse to assassinate saddam hussein and making it seem legitimate

i just hate to see it come to the point where blood is spilled and there is no reason as to why it keeps getting spilled

Agreed, its just sad when the excuse is to "liberate the Iraqis" and "deliver freedom," but in actuality, probably hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have gotten killed, millions or tens of millions injured, all those kids without legs, arms, or parents who have been killed. All those mothers and fathers who've lost their sons and daughters.

Some sort of liberation huh? Every single day these people must be living with the fear of getting killed by a bomb. Fear when they go to the markets, fear when they send their kids to school.

This administration went to war saying there weapons of mass destruction, which weren't there, saying that Iraq was behind 9/11, which they weren't, and finally they made the excuse that they are delivering freedom to the Iraqis, when in fact they took away the very little freedom they had.

:|

We are not losing. We are winning the war on terror. And I know it's true because John McCain, of 50 years experience, told me so. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Infinitum98 said:
Agreed, its just sad when the excuse is to "liberate the Iraqis" and "deliver freedom," but in actuality, probably hundreds of thousands of Iraqis have gotten killed, millions or tens of millions injured, all those kids without legs, arms, or parents who have been killed. All those mothers and fathers who've lost their sons and daughters.

Some sort of liberation huh? Every single day these people must be living with the fear of getting killed by a bomb. Fear when they go to the markets, fear when they send their kids to school.

This administration went to war saying there weapons of mass destruction, which weren't there, saying that Iraq was behind 9/11, which they weren't, and finally they made the excuse that they are delivering freedom to the Iraqis, when in fact they took away the very little freedom they had.

:|

CrashedCarDriver said:
however if they were to take anything away from this exercise they achieved 1 goal, that was to get a good excuse to assassinate saddam hussein and making it seem legitimate

I'd largely agree with this assessment.

Personally, I'm a death penalty supporter, in certain very limited circumstances - one of those being brutal dictators - where the case against them is properly proven. I say get rid of child molestors, get rid brutal dictators, get rid of mass murderers. I'm all for killing them - but legally, judiciously, properly.

And frankly the case against Saddam wasn't properly proven, and the legal process was questionable.

If the Americans had done it properly, I might be prepared to concede that the execution of Saddam was one of the few good results that came out of the whole "WOT/GWOT" thing. but they fucked it up again, it was a kangaroo court, the whole thing was badly managed from start to finish.

Even the Nazis got a fair trial.

So what have we come to? :huh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom