Looks like we got the Senate!! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2002, 05:48 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:21 PM
Big Grin

The Republicans now control both the Executive and Legislative branches.

All I can say is....BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

Old 11-06-2002, 06:20 PM   #32
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Republicans hold the power, the economy is failing and we're staring head on to a war...this reminds me of something. A time when U2 didn't know irony, the internet was unknown, and Miami Vice ruled the fashion scene. Now what was that called...oh yeah the 80's. Do we remember the 80's? Do we really want to go back? You would have thought we would have learned a thing or two.

Old 11-06-2002, 06:48 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:21 PM
Bonovoxsupastar,

In the 80s the Republicans did not control congress, the Democrats did. The last and only time since 1954 that the Republicans controlled everything like they do today was 2 years ago when 'W' was elected President. They lost control of the Senate when there was a defection in the Senate after the election. Now they have the control back.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:17 PM   #34
us3
The Fly

Local Time: 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
Bonovoxsupastar,

In the 80s the Republicans did not control congress, the Democrats did. The last and only time since 1954 that the Republicans controlled everything like they do today was 2 years ago when 'W' was elected President. They lost control of the Senate when there was a defection in the Senate after the election. Now they have the control back.

they never contolled the house in the 80's. they were the majority about 1/2 the time in the senate...

in the 20th cent there have been long periods where the dems have been the majority in both houses. and exec. branch. most recent was 93-94.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:45 PM   #35
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
the economy is failing and we're staring head on to a war...
I know what this reminds me of...

http://www.guerrillanews.com/ebn/qt_hi3.html

Melon
Old 11-06-2002, 08:30 PM   #36
ONE
love, blood, life

wink

*claps

congratulations america! 37% turn-out in one of the most important elections in ages! way to go! way to be heard! way to show democracy wins in america!

congratulations on sending your country to war that noone else in the world wants!

way to go republicans!
Old 11-06-2002, 08:39 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by melon

I know what this reminds me of...

http://www.guerrillanews.com/ebn/qt_hi3.html

Melon
heeey..i remember that

DB9

Im glad glad Bush Sr..decided to help out w The Zoo TV Tour..
Old 11-06-2002, 08:41 PM   #38
The Fly

1. No, I'm not WAY too uptight about SMALL jokes at the expense of liberals. I don't count: as a SMALL joke.

You don't think it's small because you're uptight. Exactly my point.

2. I know this. I'm a reporter, I run polls all the time. BUT, it depends on how to take polls...they don't reach everyone. So when I see a poll that says "66% of South Dakotans believe x, y, and z" I know it's 66% of however many they polled, not, as is often inferred, actually 66% of South Dakotans believing x, y, and z.

You're a reporter?! Dear GOD! Aren't reporters supposed to be somewhat unbiased? What exactly do you report? Can you really call yourself a reporter at the age of 18? There goes fair and balanced journalism right out the window.

3. I'm independent, I don't make my life decisions based on a party line. The fact that I'm an Independent doesn't mean that I don't like something associated with the Republican party simply because it is associated with the Republicans, and I don't automatically like everything the Democrats or Independents do just because it's them either. I think for myself. It doesn't effect my "sense" of things. What does determine my sense of things is talking to people, reading the newspapers, etc. And that's not something I can taint.

Oh please. You can't pretend like you don't have any bias against conservatives. Most conservatives I know can "smell" a liberal from a mile away. I know you need to keep telling yourself that you're a conscientious person who gives each issue a chance, but your posts don't make it seem like you give a rats ass about the conservative stance. There's NOBODY on this forum that's unbiased. I think many liberals declare themselves as Independents when they don't want to be pigeon-holed into a party. I think "liberal" is a pretty broad categorization that is pretty fair in this case. It doesn't make you any more open-minded to declare yourself an Independent. You may not see yourself as a dem or green, but the "group think" among the liberals on this board is palpable. Where's Ms. Principle when conservatives get attacked on this board and pigeon-holed CONSTANTLY? Nowhere to be found. That's right.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:44 PM   #39
The Fly

Ummm...the congress already gave Bush the power to do that. Where have you been?Guess how many democrats are responsible for that? War won't come if Saddam does what he's told. Last time I checked, Blair is still with us. Thanks.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:46 PM   #40
Refugee

Lilly:
Quote:
I think public opinion polls are generally inaccurate
That may be, but what happened on election day is darn accurate. The liberal agenda is weakening. As a nation, we made a statement.

Mark
Old 11-06-2002, 08:48 PM   #41
The Fly

That may be, but what happened on election day is darn accurate. The liberal agenda is weakening. As a nation, we made a statement.

Mark

No! You can't speak reality in this forum. This place is only meant for fairy tales and excuses.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:10 PM   #42
I serve MacPhisto

Quote:
Originally posted by garibaldo

No! You can't speak reality in this forum. This place is only meant for fairy tales and excuses.

Thats a laugh and a half to hear you say that... I never would have guessed... How ironic... youre right on the money! What group of scientists did you spend grant money polling to come up with that pearl of wisdom??
Old 11-06-2002, 09:13 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
Lilly:

Mark

37% of registered voters voted. So say only 36% of Americans are registered, then only like 14% of Americans were represented in this election.

As a group, voters made a statement.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:15 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

This thread has succesfully deteriorated into personal attacks.

Bringing this attitude back to FYM is not going to be good for anyone. So let's try to keep it nice in the future.