Looking for a Muslim point of view on this war. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2001, 05:52 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 11:18 AM
Looking for a Muslim point of view on this war.

I don't spend that much time on this forum but there were a few Muslims here when I joined. I'd like to hear about any alternative ways of dealing with the current situation they might have.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

"I'll tell you one thing, they ain't gettin' the TV".

Old 10-22-2001, 01:07 AM   #2
The Fly

Hey Mirror Ball Man.... Thats nice that u ask for a muslims perspective... Well, I'm Muslim.. Osma Bin Laden and his fellow terrorists are NOT Muslim.. They may call themselves Muslim's, but they go against just about every rule in the Holy Book (Quran)... I'd say these terrorist base their reasonings within a cult, not within the religeon... These same men have killed their own people. I am from Pakistan, and i know of people who have been killed by these type of people b/c these people who were killed were shias... My point is, THESE BASTARDS ARE HYPOCRYTES......
The sad thing is, is that these very men live in areas filled with innocent lives, people just like u and me... A lot of people are anti-taliban (within Afgan)...
Its just sad that we have to try and take vengence in this type of manner.... If anything we should always try and seek the most peaceful ways of going about... Cuz a war will never end if u start another one. The pattern goes on...
Mirror Ball Man, I have so much to say, but i don't know how to put it all together, considering it is nearly 1 am... But let me tell u something, fingers are being pointed within the American countries towards people of different backrounds (paricularly Muslims)... The other day i got a harassment note on my door... When people do that type of stuff, they are no better then those terrorists.....
PS- To be honest, i never had good vibes of Bush, I always thought he was out to start a new war..... But i don't wanna get into it....
If u wanna ask my oppinion on what america should do.... Well, i don't think i'm one to say.. Cuz i admit, like my fellow American peers i am very ignorent towards what our government does... So, i don't wanna say anything to uneducated...

But i'll give some more input on a day where my head is more clearer, and the time wouldn't be at 1 am...

peace out

Old 10-22-2001, 01:10 AM   #3
The Fly

When i said fellow american peers, I meant my college student peers... A lot of people here don't know as much as they should..... including myself.
Old 10-22-2001, 01:22 AM   #4
Banned

Amna I'm not a religous man , you know , all support for ya !!!
Fanatics in all kind of business is a bad and a Dangerous thing ( even in U2 ).
There should be justice , but not a rage or a race for political points .
That's all.

PEACE ON EARTH .

BTW ( u2 point is completely ANTI-WAR )

Old 10-22-2001, 01:40 AM   #5
The Fly

Say it like it is Brother friend....

peace on earth
and Inshallah, things will be better.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:13 AM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Amna:

PS- To be honest, i never had good vibes of Bush, I always thought he was out to start a new war..... But i don't wanna get into it....
Bush didn't start this war. Osama bin Laden did when he killed 6,000 innocent people (well, innocent as far as man is concerned, we all have original sin). I know you said you didn't want to get into it, but around here, you post something, you can pretty much expect people to get into it.

[This message has been edited by 80sU2isBest (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 12:37 PM   #7
The Fly

Dude, i know Osma Bin Laden started all this crap...
It was 1 am when i wrote that, but let me restate what i wanted to say... I believe Bush was always eager about getting into a war... After watching Regis and Kathy lee, he clearly made his objective clear..... I'm sorry, but smiling (giggling) and saying if we had no other choice but to bomb it would have to be done, is not comforting to hear... especially when the guy is giggling and laughing to himself...

Thats all, i'm just giving my point of view on how i feel towards bush, nothing personal, ey....
i get bad vibes from the lad....

Osma Bin Laden is another story.... I can wright pages on how i think he is one of the most evil men in the history of this world.
Old 10-22-2001, 01:22 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:18 PM
Thanks Amna, great to read your post.

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:36 PM   #9
War Child

I just wanted to say hello to Amna. I use to talk to you in chat (hopefully) got the right Aman..

Old 10-22-2001, 05:26 PM   #10
War Child

Anyone interested in how a lot of Muslims (especially in the States) are looking at this, here's a link. The Muslim guy does a great job of putting things in perspective, and calls on those more reactionary Muslims to, first, know what the religion truly says, and, second, know also how hypocritical it is to accuse America of something that supposed Muslim countries themselves practice.
http://www.ijtihad.org/memo.htm

Old 10-22-2001, 05:28 PM   #11
War Child

Hi Amna, thanks for replying. I think a more effective way to deal with this would have come up if Muslims were consulted. I'll post again later as it's late.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.
Old 10-22-2001, 11:10 PM   #12
The Fly

That was a nice article.... Thanx mirror ball man for asking for a muslim's opinnion... Hahahahha bonovista, yea, i definently remember u........
Old 10-22-2001, 11:38 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:18 AM
Judah:

I really enjoyed reading that article; it sums up everything I value regarding religious and ethnic tolerance. More people here need to read it.

~U2Alabama
Old 10-23-2001, 11:22 PM   #14
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

But we can all be thankful that We do have Bush.. Powell, Chaney, and Rumsfeld (spelled right?.. ).. If we still had Al, or Bill, they would have wanted to 'Sit around a table' and 'Talk About it'... As they are gunned down by the Omar or Bin Laden himself... a large majority of this blame can be sent to Bill as he .. searching for some sort of lasting legacy to cover up impeachment, by almost forcing some sort of peace agreement, and getting us too involved in the middle east peace talks.. Geez, Arafat, could have had it all when he didn't sign that agreement,.. Clinton had given it all away, and as far as I am concerned.. arafat showed his true colors..
Old 10-24-2001, 12:26 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
But we can all be thankful that We do have Bush.. Powell, Chaney, and Rumsfeld (spelled right?.. ).. If we still had Al, or Bill, they would have wanted to 'Sit around a table' and 'Talk About it'... As they are gunned down by the Omar or Bin Laden himself... a large majority of this blame can be sent to Bill as he .. searching for some sort of lasting legacy to cover up impeachment, by almost forcing some sort of peace agreement, and getting us too involved in the middle east peace talks.. Geez, Arafat, could have had it all when he didn't sign that agreement,.. Clinton had given it all away, and as far as I am concerned.. arafat showed his true colors..
I doubt that Al or Bill would have handled the current situation differently.