London bomber's justification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sallycinnamon78

New Yorker
Here's one of the London bombers' "explanation" of his behaviour. It doesn't wash with me, to say the least. I'd like to know what everyone else thinks.

From the news today. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4206800.stm

Last Updated: Thursday, 1 September 2005, 22:01 GMT 23:01 UK

BBC NEWS - UK EDITION
London bomber: Text in full

The full text of the videotape of Mohammad Sidique Khan, one of the four 7 July bombers, which was aired on Arabic television channel al-Jazeera and in which he explains his motives.

I'm going to keep this short and to the point because it's all been said before by far more eloquent people than me.

And our words have no impact upon you, therefore I'm going to talk to you in a language that you understand.

Our words are dead until we give them life with our blood.

I'm sure by now the media's painted a suitable picture of me, this predictable propaganda machine will naturally try to put a spin on things to suit the government and to scare the masses into conforming to their power and wealth-obsessed agendas.

I and thousands like me are forsaking everything for what we believe.

Last edited:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4206800.stm
continued

Our driving motivation doesn't come from tangible commodities that this world has to offer.

Our religion is Islam - obedience to the one true God, Allah, and following the footsteps of the final prophet and messenger Mohammed... This is how our ethical stances are dictated.

Your democratically elected governments continuously perpetuate atrocities against my people all over the world.

It is not known when the videotape, aired on 1 September, was made
And your support of them makes you directly responsible, just as I am directly responsible for protecting and avenging my Muslim brothers and sisters.

Until we feel security, you will be our targets. And until you stop the bombing, gassing, imprisonment and torture of my people we will not stop this fight.

We are at war and I am a soldier. Now you too will taste the reality of this situation.

A second part of the tape was less clear, but he could be heard saying:

I myself, I myself, I make dua (pray) to Allah... to raise me amongst those whom I love like the prophets, the messengers, the martyrs and today's heroes like our beloved Sheikh Osama Bin Laden, Dr Ayman al-Zawahri and Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and all the other brothers and sisters that are fighting in the... of this cause.

With this I leave you to make up your own minds and I tell you to make dua to Allah almighty to accept the work from me and my brothers and enter us into gardens of paradise.

Anyone else as doubtful and uinimpressed as many of us here?

- Mohammad Sidique Khan

Last edited:
"Your democratically elected governments continuously perpetuate atrocities against my people all over the world."

I don't buy that load of bull for one second. Terrorist acts on innocent people can't be justified, certainly not by any word out of this monster. This cretin lives in a parallel universe, and falsely recognizes that fascist dictatorships are the most brilliant form of government. Extreme ignorance leads to extreme stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom