London 2012!!!! Yeah!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean Favored or favourite? London was never favourite for the whole contest! Paris was all along! The underdog triumphs again!!!

verte76 said:
London was favored, so I'm not surprised. This is pretty cool.

Actually, Paris was considered to be the clear front runner in the voting given that this was their third attempt since 1992.

sulawesigirl4 said:
Congrats London! :D

(neanmoins, si c'etait moi, j'allais choisi Paris! :shh: )

Why would you have chosen France? Old, dated, out of sync country who could only cirticise London instead of worrying about themselves!! We will be creating a new dream for generations to come. All the french did was show off about their (admitedly) great history. the Olympic games are about creating new opportunities and developments for the future.

I am surprised, the corruption of the IOC really should have favoured the French bid. I wonder how much in bribes it cost to get get this games.

A_Wanderer said:
I am surprised, the corruption of the IOC really should have favoured the French bid. I wonder how much in bribes it cost to get get this games.

Yeah would have taken a few quid I reckon!

You guys did a good job getting the last one. I have to say you aussies did us a big favour having a go at the Stade de France. I will be there this weekend, going to be great!!

A_Wanderer said:

glad to see you have a lot of faith in the system :wink:

I am still bitter that Kevin Gosper's daughter got the first bit of the torch relay instead of Yianna Souleles, what a sodding joke of a system.

A_Wanderer said:
I am still bitter that Kevin Gosper's daughter got the first bit of the torch relay instead of Yianna Souleles, what a sodding joke of a system.

Yeah crazy eh!

matt76 said:
Why would you have chosen France? Old, dated, out of sync country who could only cirticise London instead of worrying about themselves!! We will be creating a new dream for generations to come. All the french did was show off about their (admitedly) great history. the Olympic games are about creating new opportunities and developments for the future.

:shrug: I don't care about politics, I just like the city of Paris more than the city of London...as a destination.

sulawesigirl4 said:

:shrug: I don't care about politics, I just like the city of Paris more than the city of London...as a destination.

No, true, Paris is a beautiful city, they just have an idiot President!!!!

felicitations, Londres.

(i wonder if Chirac's comments on British food had anything to do with the underdog upset?)

.......anybody who drowns sparrows in brandy, roasts them in the oven and then eats them with a tea towel over their head............and then force feed geese until the liver explodes, needs to have a serious word with themselves..

And Chirac has a pop at our food!!!!

meegannie said:
:applaud:

I think the value of my in-laws' house just doubled. :ohmy:

I was just thinking the same thing about my parents. Although...they do live a good three or four hours away. Still.... :wink:

matt76 said:
.......anybody who drowns sparrows in brandy, roasts them in the oven and then eats them with a tea towel over their head............and then force feed geese until the liver explodes, needs to have a serious word with themselves..

And Chirac has a pop at our food!!!!

in all honestly, while i've had delicious Indian food in London, i'm going to have to reluctantly agree with the superiority of French food to British food.

I will admit the food wasn't the reason why I loved the U.K on my two visits there, but I did love those cream teas. Scones! Cream! Yum!

Um, I had created another thread for this in 'Put 'Em Under Pressure' :D

I love London as a city... the only thing that annoyed me was David Beckham celebrating... beware for our Argentine revenge in next year's World Cup :mad:

U2@NYC said:
Um, I had created another thread for this in 'Put 'Em Under Pressure' :D

I love London as a city... the only thing that annoyed me was David Beckham celebrating... beware for our Argentine revenge in next year's World Cup :mad:

You'll really be annoyed when Becks is hoisting the World Cup next year :wink:

OK...I'm gonna play cynic. I wonder how happy Brits are gonna be when they are saddled with massive debt and shoved out of the way for hoards of obnoxious (possibly more obnoxious than usual) tourists? :huh:

But congratulations!!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom