London 2012!!!! Yeah!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the Olympics have as much benefit for East London as they did for Barcelona leading up to/after the 1992 games, I think it'll be well worth it.

Great, just what London needs - more tourists.

Even though its always good to see the French defeated at something (the English patriot in me wells up with emotion), I for one am not all that happy.

Still... the surprise was kinda cool. :|

Ant.

nbcrusader said:
London is already geared to the tourism industry. It will be a wonderful host.

London is a great tour city. There are all sorts of cool things to do. I love it. Damn, I need to win the Georgia lottery.

verte76 said:

London is a great tour city. There are all sorts of cool things to do. I love it. Damn, I need to win the Georgia lottery.

I know. I will be rooting for a devaluation of the pound.

Otherwise, these will be the most expensive Olympic games... ever.

indra said:
OK...I'm gonna play cynic. I wonder how happy Brits are gonna be when they are saddled with massive debt and shoved out of the way for hoards of obnoxious (possibly more obnoxious than usual) tourists? :huh:

But congratulations!!! :wink:

Yeah saddle me with debts and triple the value of my house!!

True there are cons but the pros outweigh them by far.. We have plenty of obnoxious tourists visiting us all the time and manage to deal with them. Plus as well as george Bush and all the Americans we have loads of great tourists!! It's going to be great!!!!!

matt76 said:

Yeah saddle me with debts and triple the value of my house!!

True there are cons but the pros outweigh them by far.. We have plenty of obnoxious tourists visiting us all the time and manage to deal with them. Plus as well as george Bush and all the Americans we have loads of great tourists!! It's going to be great!!!!!

excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but many, many Americans are wonderful tourists (yes, yes, many aren't), and in fact, i'd even venture to say that the worst tourists are British -- at least that's what i kept hearing from the Dutch and people from Cyprus.

and let me know the next time your national football team can get through a tournament without your fans starting an international incident.

;)

Irvine511 said:

and let me know the next time your national football team can get through a tournament without your fans starting an international incident.
;)

That is what fans of mediocre soccer teams do...

:D

Irvine511 said:

i wonder what apathetic fans of mediocre soccer/football teams do?

:hmm:

:hmm:

Sleep in the game?

I guess I used a very generic word and I apologize if I offended anyone who is a fan of other national teams.

As you may have understood, I was just wanting to voice my lack of appreciation for the English soccer team. No pun intended.

:reject:

Irvine511 said:

excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but many, many Americans are wonderful tourists (yes, yes, many aren't), and in fact, i'd even venture to say that the worst tourists are British -- at least that's what i kept hearing from the Dutch and people from Cyprus.

;)

Easy.. Was only joking.. My best friend is American!!

matt76 said:

Easy.. Was only joking.. My best friend is American!!

i was joking as well.

have spent lots of time in the UK and have many, many fond memories of beautiful places and friendly people.

Congratulations London! :applaud: I bet it will take Tony Blair all his strength not to gloat at Chirac a little bit at G8, :mac:

They showed a short montage on TV this morning of reactions from the cities that lost; it was kinda comical to watch the Aaaah! and Booo! and Oooh! all in a row, :)

For Honor said:
Speaking of London.........

hope everyone is okay.......................................

Yes,me too and right after the good news of yesterday :(

Iam very happy for London.I think my British husband was :p to the French.

Back
Top Bottom