LOL at Nancy Pelosi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
With all this talk about the "morals" vote....

LOL at this article and Ms. Pelosi...

"If we don't step back, take a good hard look and address these issues, we're going to be in the back seat for many years to come," Sen. Christopher Dodd (news, bio, voting record) (D-Conn.) told CNN.

Exit polls showed 22 percent of voters were most concerned about "moral issues," ahead of any other concerns, including Iraq, terrorism or the economy. President Bush, a born-again Christian who embraced religion in a midlife struggle against alcohol, comfortably includes regular references to faith in his political speech.

Spreading the word

On Wednesday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was citing the the Bible, particularly the Gospel of St. Matthew, as inspiration for her political beliefs during a CNN interview.

"On some of the social issues, the Democrats did not connect well enough with the country. Certainly, we are faith-filled. We love our country," Pelosi said.

:lmao:

~ Note I'm not casting aspersions about her faith or beliefs (I don't think) but this article and with her comments coming out right after their election defeat, just seems funny to me.

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu, you have a perverse sense of humor.

I don't even know what the purpose of this post was except to spit more divisive anti-Democratic venom into FYM.

And that would fly straight in the face of Pres. Bush's "wishes for reconciliation".

Doesn't sound like you're following your own President's wishes.

Very sad, but very typical of the Right. :tsk:

I lean right but consider myself moderate. Of course, I have a perverse sense of humor. So you should say, "Typical of the moderates who lean right." :)

I don't really believe in Bush's "wishes for reconcilation." I hope for it but I really think its un-likely considering there is an opposition party still with a decent amount of power and plenty of anger to still want to screw with Bush. I also believe Bush when he says he will spend his political capital. He did so (arrogantly in some people's eyes) even when he didn't win a majority popular vote and pushed for war. With a mandate (which only liberals seem to want to deny) and repubs in control of both houses makes me believe he will move forward with his agenda.

Jamila, the purpose of the post was to point out a humorous instance not of my own making within politics. With all the talk by the media, of "morals" deciding the election, the fact that Pelosi (who some people consider the Gingrich of the left) starts talking about being religious (after what the Daily Show jokingly called a public de-pantsing of the democrats) to me is funny.

Jamila said:
Flying FuManchu, you have a perverse sense of humor.

I don't even know what the purpose of this post was except to spit more divisive anti-Democratic venom into FYM.

And that would fly straight in the face of Pres. Bush's "wishes for reconciliation".

Doesn't sound like you're following your own President's wishes.

Very sad, but very typical of the Right. :tsk:

Hello!

Back
Top Bottom