Lions Club International

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Well, I thought I would give an example of something non-partisan.

I am in my eighth or ninth year as a member of a Lions club. The thing that I like most about Lions Club is that we all, no matter what our political leanings, have come together with a common cause. No one cares if you support Bush or Kerry. No one cares if you worship sea dragons. We do not spend our time arguing about things like politics or religion.

The one thing we do is we work, donate time, donate money towards helping others. If you are looking to do something good for your community and the world, please look into joining your local Lions Club. I think you may enjoy getting together with people from all walks of life to do something good for others.

Peace

Matt

:up:

Maybe this would be a good place to post some other non-profit, nonpartisan community service organizations. Habitat for Humanity, Amnesty International, and the Humane Society and ASPCA are a few that come to my mind.

I have done some work for Habitat as well. My only thoughts are that because of the election year, people are forgetting that no matter what political leanings or religious leanings we have, we are all human beings and there are many good people in every organization that might not think or believe as you do, but they are contributing towards the betterment of the world.

I wish I had something like that, but alas, I'm English; we don't know the meaning of community work. In fact, community service is code for cleaning up urine-soaked houses for old people as punishment.

Is the Lions Club international?

Ant.

I agree Dreadsox. It is too easy to forget that we are all human in the heat of a tough presidential campaign. There are some things I can't stand about politics, and this is one of them. This is why I'm active with the African Well Fund; I serve on the Board of Directors. Please don't ask me why they put me on the board. I was really shocked when they did.

Verte....I can relate, they tried to make me president three years ago. We had just had a baby, and I did not have the time. I was just inducted to be secretary last month, hence, my lack of posting in here. I will probably disappear from FYM when school starts.

Anyways, Anthony, here is a link to Lions Club International. It is the largest service organization in the world,

http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/index.shtml

I like serving on the Board of Directors of the AWF, it's just that I never expected to be named to the BOD! I was shocked when they put me on the BOD. Recently it's been tough because I lost a friend when she got killed in an accident and what really hurts is that the accident was preventable because it was a tire blowout. If they'd replaced that tire she'd still be alive. Shortly after this I got shingles, and my doctor told me it was probably due to the stress of Heather's death (my painting "Earth Flower is dedicated to her). Whew! Working with the Fund gives me a chance to get my mind off of this :censored: so it's a blessing.

My late grandfather was President of his local Lion's Club several times and my Grandmother was a very active Lioness. They looked so cute in their matching vests, going out to meetings and organizing pancake breakfasts, eyeglass drives, etc. They did a lot of good, selfless work during their time with the Lions. :)

Dreadsox said:
Well, I thought I would give an example of something non-partisan.

I am in my eighth or ninth year as a member of a Lions club. The thing that I like most about Lions Club is that we all, no matter what our political leanings, have come together with a common cause. No one cares if you support Bush or Kerry. No one cares if you worship sea dragons. We do not spend our time arguing about things like politics or religion.

The one thing we do is we work, donate time, donate money towards helping others. If you are looking to do something good for your community and the world, please look into joining your local Lions Club. I think you may enjoy getting together with people from all walks of life to do something good for others.

Peace

Matt

Yes! That's the way to make this world a better place :up:

Bono's American Wife said:
My late grandfather was President of his local Lion's Club several times and my Grandmother was a very active Lioness. They looked so cute in their matching vests, going out to meetings and organizing pancake breakfasts, eyeglass drives, etc. They did a lot of good, selfless work during their time with the Lions. :)

I hate the VEST!!!!! LOL I am always getting fined for not wearing it.

Back
Top Bottom