Lincoln: America's Greatest President; also, Totally Gay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i think he's saying that only 10% of us are either a 0 or a 6 on the Kinsey scale. while that's probably not an accurate way to define bisexuality as we now have come to understand it, where you date and have sex with members of both genders, and it still might be a little high, i don't think it's at all inaccurate to assume that a majority of straight people have felt some pull of same-sex attraction at some point, and a majority of gay people have felt some pull of opposite-sex attraction at some point.

heck, i've slept with two (!!!) women. i then cried for a week. no, just kidding, it was fine and something i could do half-heartedly. just not what i was looking for. then i found what i was looking for. and then he moved to florida ... :sigh:

Last night at a business dinner I was seated beside a psychiatrist who said he was constantly amazed by how many of his straight male clients had had at least one, usually a handful, of sexual encounters with men. He said he felt the numbers were much, much higher than most people are aware. He also mentioned a client who was a transvestite prostitute who claimed that s/he had never had a straight male client who declined his/her services once they found out s/he was really a man. I don't even know how all this came up over dinner, although I'm sure I wasn't the one who brought it up, lol... Anyway, not exactly scientific but interesting nonetheless.

Danospano said:
I think it's easy to believe Kinsey's assumption that 5% are solely homosexual, 5% are solely heterosexual, and that the other 90% are somewhere in between (bi-sexual). Therefore, was Lincoln a gay man?---I don't know; but was he bi-sexual?---it's very likely...as it would be for every person who has walked the Earth.
So let's have a debate on the gayest (or most bisexual) member of U2... Is Adam gay? I don't think he's gay, but he seems to appreciate the male body more than the other members, according to an interview I read. He did have a good time with Naomi Campell while it lasted.

Irvine511 said:

heck, i've slept with two (!!!) women. i then cried for a week.

That's impressive. Usually one is enough :lol:

I am a straight woman who has had a crush on a couple of very special women :shrug:

Macfistowannabe said:
So let's have a debate on the gayest (or most bisexual) member of U2...

I believe Pop, their gay period, implicates all of them. :wink:

joyfulgirl said:
I believe Pop, their gay period, implicates all of them. :wink:
:ohmy: You must think I'm fairly gay, after all I enjoyed that record and the tour for it was unbelievable, minus opening night.

Macfistowannabe said:
:ohmy: You must think I'm fairly gay, after all I enjoyed that record and the tour for it was unbelievable, minus opening night.

I didn't mean you'd have to be gay to enjoy it, silly. :huh: I love Pop.

Some of those Pop-era shirts (or lack thereof) definitely made some people wonder. The old Wire was ablaze for a minute or two about it.

I guess we can end the gay members of U2 debate now, as I didn't realize it was against the policy. Oopsies. :reject:

Dreadsox said:

Well, the best out there for the time period I am teaching is Deborah Samson or Sampson depending on the spelling.

...etc.

You must be a wonderful teacher. :hug:

joyfulgirl said:

That's impressive. Usually one is enough :lol:

well, i had to be sure ... ;)

also, and this is more of a question for the mods, but i don't think that saying the Pop-era was hugely influenced by dance culture -- which was hugely influenced by gay culture -- is at all a speculation on the individual orientations of the members of The Greatest Band Ever Bar None. gay club culture is very colorful, very campy, very of-the-moment -- everything Pop aspired to be (on the surface at least ... U2 were smart enough to dive beneath that surface to explore that God-shaped hole)

nathan1977 said:
Some of those Pop-era shirts (or lack thereof) definitely made some people wonder. The old Wire was ablaze for a minute or two about it.

I don't know, I'd say the Queer Eye crew would have been appalled at the fashion disaster that was PopMart and could have done quite a lot to makeover those tacky poptarts;)

Back
Top Bottom