'm not quite sure how I feel about this - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 03-08-2003, 10:44 PM   #1
An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Local Time: 10:04 AM'm not quite sure how I feel about this

I know I don't post often here in FYM, and I wasn't even really sure which forum to post this in...I first heard about this on tv tonite, and I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I don't think I'd ever do it for a loved one, first off I usually tend to lose my rings or jewelry, and I dunno if it seems kinda morbid or not to be wearing something like that as a peice of jewelry.

"A LifeGem is a certified, high quality diamond created from the carbon of your loved one as a memorial to their unique and wonderful life.

The LifeGem diamond is more than a memorial to visit on the weekends… it is a way to embrace your loved one's memory day by day. The LifeGem is the most unique and timeless memorial available for creating a testimony to their unique life."

Old 03-08-2003, 11:17 PM   #2
The Flower
Local Time: 08:04 AM
I just could not imagine walking around with my Dad on my finger...or saying "oh no...I lost grampa!"

Old 03-08-2003, 11:43 PM   #3
Jesus Online
Local Time: 03:04 AM
I dont think I would like to put my loved ones in a bezel set, or want to really wear as an engagement ring, the carbon of someone's loved one.

Quite bizarre. And they are so expensive!
<a href= target=_blank></a>
Old 03-09-2003, 02:14 AM   #4
Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 12:04 PM
I just saw that they have this for animals - they make a crystal that includes some of the remains, can put it in a pendant or ring or just have soemthing like a paperweight I was at a conference looking around at booths and i stopped at one and the lady put one of these things in my hand before i knew what it was, kinda creepy
bonosloveslave [at]
Old 03-09-2003, 03:29 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:04 PM
Ehhh, that's really morbid. Even the more commonplace idea of wearing a lock of hair in a medallion or whatever creeps me out.
Old 03-09-2003, 12:56 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:04 AM
The first thing I thought of when I heard about this was it will only be a matter of time before some tries to sell one of these gems made from their deceased relative's remains on Ebay.

The whole idea of these gems is extremely creepy.
Old 03-09-2003, 03:02 PM   #7
MacPhisto's serving wench
Local Time: 11:04 AM
That's really weird. I couldn't imagine wearing anyone on my finger/around my neck. Imagine wearing your'd be like she's following you around all the time, watching every move you make.

I think thw whole idea is kinda odd. Mind you, I don't like the idea of urns either/keeping ashes. But that's just me.

I don't see how people can let go of the past/of the dead when they're still so closely associated w/ them.