Lies And The Lying Liars Who Tell Them - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-30-2003, 12:40 PM   #46
Refugee

Local Time: 12:59 PM
Re: Re: Re: Lies And The Lying Liars Who Tell Them

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

that would be levittown, the first "true" suburb... and working-class blue color is one thing... poor is another. levittown certainly is a working-class community, but i wouldn't exactly call it poor. and that's pretty much what bill always says... that he came from a working class family, which is probably true. he also went to chaminade high school, a private all boys school in mineola, long island. not the kind of place you find too many "poor" people, unless they're amazing athletes on scholarship... so working class? yeah... poor? not likely.
But he didn't actually grow up in Levittown. According to his mom, the O'Reilly family lived in Westbury, a few miles from Levittown. Certainly not as working class as Levittown. When pressed, Bill claimed that he was from "the Westbury section of Levittown." It's even in his bio at foxnews.com. Wouldn't that be like saying you're from the Bronx, the Manhattan section of the Bronx?

Old 09-30-2003, 03:00 PM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:59 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lies And The Lying Liars Who Tell Them

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

But he didn't actually grow up in Levittown. According to his mom, the O'Reilly family lived in Westbury, a few miles from Levittown. Certainly not as working class as Levittown. When pressed, Bill claimed that he was from "the Westbury section of Levittown." It's even in his bio at foxnews.com. Wouldn't that be like saying you're from the Bronx, the Manhattan section of the Bronx?
why does this even matter?

but to answer...

i have a friend who lives in westbury. i have a friend who lives in levittown. the person who lives in levittown has the bigger house. who friggin cares? long island as a whole is a middle class, working class area, spotted with upper-middle class and rich neighborhoods, especially towards the north shore.

i don't know what street o'reilly actually grew up on. i don't really care either. westbury borders levittown, hicksville, carle place, hempstead, east meadow, blah blah blah. all of those towns are pretty much the same demographicly. if you drive down hempstead turnpike or rt. 106, you couldn't tell when one town ended and the next began. the old westbury part of westbury is decidedly more upper class. but again... why does this matter? maybe he was in the levittown school district, so he considers himself from levittown (even though he went to private school for high school). if this is an issue for you, you deffinetly need other issues.

Old 09-30-2003, 03:08 PM   #48
Refugee

Well I'm not losing sleep over it, or anything. I just think it's odd that he lied about it.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:18 PM   #49
Blue Crack Distributor

it's not quite a lie, not quite the truth. town borders on long island are so blurred that it doesn't really matter. people with addresses in one town consider themselves parts of another town because of where the school district lines fall, etc. etc. etc. craig biggio of the houston astros says he's from smithtown, ny, even though he was born and raised in kings park, ny, a bordering town, but also part of the township of smithtown. it's a confusing place to be sometimes
Old 09-30-2003, 03:22 PM   #50
Refugee

I suppose. But is there a "Westbury section of Levittown?" That part didn't make sense to me.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:21 PM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

MINNEAPOLIS - Comedian Al Franken, a Minnesota native, says he's considering moving back to the state to run against Republican Sen. Norm Coleman in 2008.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._ot/al_franken
Old 11-12-2003, 07:38 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

now that is funny!