Libya agrees to end WMD weapons programs - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2003, 05:26 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Hm.........a Bush victory would be something that helped specifically at the polling booth. This certainly does not hurt him, but I feel like I, a liberal, am benefitting from this as well. I don't have to deal with the issue of a strike on Libya. No stress, no worries, just relief for myself, my country, and the people of Libya as well. If you would like to think of this as a victory for Bush, so be it. I don't care. I'm just happy for the Libyan and the American people. This is good for us all.

Old 12-24-2003, 09:39 AM   #17
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Maybe this is one step closer to us getting rid of our WMDs.

Old 12-25-2003, 12:04 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:47 AM
I have been silent over this for a while....

Having been following the theories surrounding the invasion of Iraq....one of the KEY NEOCON principles was that we needed to show the Middle Eastern dictators that the US meant business over WMD.

Now, we now Saddam probably did not have existing weapons, however, the United Nations sent a very important message to other nations in the region. Something would be done over the WMD.

Now without getting into the debate over if Mr. Bush should get the credit or not, which I think is irrelevant we are too close to the historical event to do so at this time let the historians sort it out, the fact is, IRAN and LYBIA are both making moves towards the UN over this issue it is good for the world. The COALITION did its job.

Thank goodness there were nations that worked together to make this happen. The domino effect is working.....and like it or not, the Bush administration started the domino moving, but it took the world to help.

That said...there are other parts the Neocons have not been correct about...this though, has so far, been nice.....
Old 12-25-2003, 02:12 PM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:47 AM
So, now can Gaddaffi be the chairman of the UN Human rights commission,...
Old 01-01-2004, 11:05 AM   #20
War Child

Local Time: 09:47 AM
"WASHINGTON (AP) -- ...the U.S. government confirmed the interception of an illegal shipment of thousands of parts of uranium-enrichment equipment bound for Libya.

The seizure in early October sealed Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's decision to dismantle his nuclear weapons program, a U.S. official said on condition of anonymity."

This is proof that Bush's plan in the middle east is working. Would Gadhafi have agreed to dismantle his nuke plans if Bush didn't just overthrow Saddam? No way! He did for one reason and one reason only, he didn't want to end up in a spider hole like his pal in Iraq. He knew the US had the goods on him and would take action, MILITARY ACTION.

This is the kind of leadership we need now. This is the kind of leadership the world needs now. I'm sorry, but you can't make nice with these Arab dictators. You don't negoitate, you call them out and force them to come clean and Bush does just that. Now Lybia and Iraq will be less of the threat to the whole world.

Good job President Bush.
Old 01-01-2004, 07:34 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Haha!!! I found this in a little blurb in my paper as well this morning....Why isn't this making national headlines?
Old 01-02-2004, 11:48 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

[Q]Libyan nuclear cargo was loaded in Dubai

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BERLIN - Uranium enrichment components found on a German ship headed for Libya but seized in a US-led operation had been loaded in Dubai for an Asian company, Germany's Sueddeutsche Zeitung daily reported Friday.
Seizure of the cargo sparked speculation that it sealed Tripoli's surprise decision last month to publicly renounce weapons of mass destruction. US officials, while confirming a freighter was diverted after intelligence reports that it was shipping centrifuge parts, have so far refused to specify the equipment's country of origin or the Gulf port where it was loaded.

However, the Sueddeutsche daily identified the port as Dubai and also said British businessmen were involved. It did not name its sources. The unidentified Asian company declared a false cargo, it added.

Neither the crew nor the shippers - the Germany-based firm, BBC Chartering and Logistic GmbH - knew that the real cargo was components for a centrifuge capable of enriching uranium.

They have been cooperating well with authorities, the paper added, quoting German government sources.

The seizure was made in October, US authorities announced Wednesday, after the ship was diverted to an Italian port for searching. US State Department spokesman Adam Ereli did not want to comment on whether it had been the key impetus in convincing Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi to give up weapons of mass destruction.

He noted that it occurred months after Kadhafi initiated secret talks with the United States and Britain on giving up such arms. But he also pointed out that, after the seizure, Libya agreed to let US and British experts inspect its weapons facilities.

[/Q]

http://www.bday.co.za/bday/content/d...6078-0,00.html