Libby says Bush authorized CIA leaks...NOW do we get to impeach him? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2006, 01:37 AM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Libby says Bush authorized CIA leaks...NOW do we get to impeach him?

Okay, I'm sure we've all read the headlines now, yes?!

Libby apparently testified to the grand jury that he heard from Cheney that Bush said go for it, you officially have permission to reveal all about Wilson, who sent him to Africa to check on these claims about uranium being sought by Saddam (namely his wife, Valerie Plame, CIA operative) and you are cleared to disperse this info in our campaign to discredit Wilson. Call Judith Miller, tell her already. Call whomever you will and can, to get this out there. Libby claims it was an on-the-fly process whereby the prez officially "de-classified" info because he wants it out there and public.
I want to see Bush be required to answer questions on this one...and I want to see it under oath. If the Dems don't move on this one they are officially without any hope of ever regaining power anytime soon.
This smells like a smoking gun to me...

cheers all...

Old 04-07-2006, 02:30 AM   #2
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:50 PM
If this was during the Clinton administration he would have been impeached by now...

Bush's cronies have done a good job of creating an environment of fear, one where questioning the president is unpatriatic...

Just look at the wire tapping issue, he had tons of supporters that said "who cares?"....

Old 04-07-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:50 AM
Bring on President Cheney.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:55 AM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Another couple of awkward moments for the President and it passes. Lots of loud, self righteous yapping from the Democrats and lots of sneering spin from Rush about how this is much ado about nothing and it just shows how "desperate" the Democrats are. Indifference from the public who is increasingly indifferent to the President. Poll numbers go down a point or two. More talk in the media about the poll numbers than the case.

Since the Republicans are going to maintain control of at least one of the Houses and nobody can even work up censure support, no impeachment although there will be more rumblings. Now impeaching Cheney is an interesting idea, but that's not going to happen either.

I think BVS might be overstating the environment of fear thing--although no doubt that is what the right has wanted to create and I probably would have agreed with him several months ago. Even the President's lapdog Santorum is looking for ways to separate himself. Increasingly right wing talk radio's hysteria that criticizing the President is endangering the troops is losing steam. Although there are still strong enough remnants about allowing the President to do what he sees fit to "protect" us from terrorists. That still seems to resonate with the public.

If the President claiming that he doesn't even have to abide by laws he signs isn't sexy enough for the public, this thing isn't going to be. Two, three days of attention and the story goes away.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:08 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:50 PM
Bush won't get impeached. It's a political process, and he's done a great job of rendering the Legislature as worthless as the Roman Senate.

Melon
Old 04-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Bush won't get impeached. It's a political process, and he's done a great job of rendering the Legislature as worthless as the Roman Senate.

and with the SCOTUS in his back pocket.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:42 AM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 10:50 PM
And what would be the point of impeaching him unless there is someone out there with a concrete plan to handle the current state of affairs. If there isn't, it would make a bad situation worse and even more unstable.

Could be that the dems figure they are better off letting things bottom out on the republican watch in the next few years so it will be easier to play hero (even if they don't actually have one) during the next election.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #8
Refugee

So we do nothing....just sit back and wait.....wait for what?? {excuse me for a moment while I check my watch}..........

Old 04-07-2006, 11:31 AM   #9
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by AliEnvy
And what would be the point of impeaching him unless there is someone out there with a concrete plan to handle the current state of affairs. If there isn't, it would make a bad situation worse and even more unstable.
Impeachment is a separate process from a trial to remove the President from office. Remember, Clinton got impeached but was acquitted by the Senate.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #10
Refugee

Really? I didn't realize that. Makes the notion and expense of impeachment even more useless lol.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:57 AM   #11
Refugee

Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by wizard2c
So we do nothing....just sit back and wait.....wait for what??
Good question...but that seems to be exactly what's happening for some strange reason and it's no longer about being accused of being unpatriotic.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #12
War Child

And here was Bush saying he'd fire anyone from his office who was involved with the Plame/Wilson leaks.

Can Bush fire himself?

What happens if Fitzgerald charges Bush (as he should)? Remember, Fitzgerald hasn't finished his investigation. Everybody thought that maybe Rove and Cheney might get fingered, but Bush was a long shot. Now it doesn't seem like such a long shot.

And what will any of this accomplish? A little thing called accountability.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:44 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by wizard2c
So we do nothing....just sit back and wait.....wait for what?? {excuse me for a moment while I check my watch}..........

Go out and vote for change in November.

Until then...start being obnoxious...bug people...talk to people...spread the word. Get the bastard out.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Unindicted co-conspirator?
Old 04-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Re: Re: reply

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

Go out and vote for change in November.

Are the Democrats going to actually stand up for change or parade around as Republicans Lite?