Libby: Guilty - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-07-2007, 10:07 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint

Actually, I think that is correct. I think that is the one count he was found "Not guilty" for. Generally, though, when one is found guilty on four counts, the other count isn't the one highlighted. Was that the first verdict in?
I think the one "not guilty" count got 99% of the coverage, while the four "guilty" ones just got a passing mention.

But after the Foley thing (where Fox labeled him a Democrat several times) people are watching out for these things and grabbing them when they come up.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Oh, I know. Fox is a disaster. I think their focus on the one Not Guilty is hysterical. I remember the Foley scandal headlines. Fox is such a tool.

I'm not totally up on the legalities. Is that the charge that might have most led back to Cheney or Rove? Do they have a reason for that particular focus or is this just the usual delusion, intellectual dishonesty or blatant misleading?

Regardless, I loved the headline.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Presidential pardon? Is Bush that bold?
I woudn't put it past him. I don't know if bold is the right word, though. Perhaps insane would work better.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:36 AM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

thus begging the question as to why Cheney was so worried about this guy in the first place ... after all, if you've got nothing to hide ...
But if the evidence shows that Saddam was trying to get uranium from Niger and that Plame was leaked by an opponent of neo-cons and Iraq war then it puts it all in a different position. The narrative of Wilson being punished for speaking truth to power doesn't gel with the events.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #20
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
But if the evidence shows that Saddam was trying to get uranium from Niger and that Plame was leaked by an opponent of neo-cons and Iraq war then it puts it all in a different position. The narrative of Wilson being punished for speaking truth to power doesn't gel with the events.

that's a misformulation of what went on here.

it isn't about Wilson; Wilson could have said that Saddam was breeding a race of half-man, half-ape humanoid soldiers, and if the WH sought to destroy him by violating national security and outing his CIA wife, that becomes the issue.

this isn't about Wilson speaking Truth to Power. this is about Wilson speaking, and the abuse of power that got him punished for doing so.

and, again, if they were right and Wilson was wrong, why didn't they just let it go and take some criticism? it was just a stupid op-ed, that's all.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:21 PM   #21
Refugee

Quote:
WH sought to destroy him by violating national security and outing his CIA wife
But they did not out Plame because she couldn't be outed. There was no crime committed. This was not about the 'outing', because there was none.

This was about a bunch of people testifying against each other about lying, forgetting, etc...